Will halo infinite surpass halo 3 or even csgo?

If somehow 343i unite the 2 sides of the community and bring back classic halo and fix modern halo, do you think it can beat its predecessor :halo 3 or csgo in sales?

If Hi plays its cards right and reintroduces itself as a new start into the series it might be possible to surpass H3. CS:Go however is a giant, that’s impossible for a installment base question alone.

And sure, Hi is a cross-platform title that will come out for PC as well. The catch is it’s going to be Win10 PC and WinStore only, both platforms that are quite hated by the PC community, and for good measure frankly. People are not be willing to get games from there and for most not even Halo will be a reason to make an exception to the rule. The Xone installment is still huge though and selling it on Win10 will give Hi a slight push as well. Not a huge one for the reasons explained before, but still a push. Maybe it will be a launch title for Xbox Scarlet as well, who knows? So yeah, it has all the chances to beat every prior Halo title and become a top tear Xbox title once more, a real killer application and system seller basically - but no console exclusive will ever get to CS:GO levels imho. It sold more than Minecraft for goth sake! That thing is a monster! X’D

> 2533274795098161;2:
> If Hi plays its cards right and reintroduces itself as a new start into the series it might be possible to surpass H3. CS:Go however is a giant, that’s impossible for a installment base question alone.
>
> And sure, Hi is a cross-platform title that will come out for PC as well. The catch is it’s going to be Win10 PC and WinStore only, both platforms that are quite hated by the PC community, and for good measure frankly. People are not be willing to get games from there and for most not even Halo will be a reason to make an exception to the rule. The Xone installment is still huge though and selling it on Win10 will give Hi a slight push as well. Not a huge one for the reasons explained before, but still a push. Maybe it will be a launch title for Xbox Scarlet as well, who knows? So yeah, it has all the chances to beat every prior Halo title and become a top tear Xbox title once more, a real killer application and system basically - but no console exclusive will ever get to CS:GO levels imho. It sold more than Minecraft for goth sake! That thing is a monster! X’D

Well minecraft is way ahead of it now at around 170 million downloads

I think of Infinite as 343s version of bungies H3 (both 3rd instalment). I think they have everything in place & resources to blow H3 out of the water, & I loved H3. But until I see more in regards to a trailer or gameplay, I can’t see infinite being any better then H4/5. I have trust issues. But I am rooting for Infinite! :smiley:

Infinite itself is something I doubt would sell exceptionally well, there are trust issues and a track record 343 must clear, it’d be a better goal to just do better than what H5 did and build from there. Halo isn’t passing H3 numbers without multiple titles of hard work and regaining trust. Even then I’d prefer player retention holding up far better than it has been over high number of sales. Sales is only part of what makes a game good, you need to also keep people playing to make it great.

I can guarantee it will not surpass CSGO, and I’d bet you my next paycheck it won’t surpass Halo 3.

> 2533274877785117;6:
> I can guarantee it will not surpass CSGO, and I’d bet you my next paycheck it won’t surpass Halo 3.

Be sure to clearly define the terms of the bet. When you say “surpass”, you mean units sold? Revenue earned? Unique player count? Concurrent players?

Making a bet with unclear terms results in potential trouble later on. Unless, of course, you were being facetious, in which case you should say that lest some people take the call for a bet seriously.

Halo 3? Unlikely given how fans have been spurred by 343; people just don’t trust them anymore. But I guess it’s possible if 343 defied all expectations and produced something of the same caliber as Halo 2 or Halo 3.

CSGO? lol no. For one thing, CSGO is multi-platform. Another thing is that it’s an esports sensation and is popular with casual players. The fact that it’s also easy to run on a PC has made it popular in places like Russia, where Halo has struggled to cultivate a player base.

Halo3 maybe,Csgo,no,its to popular for that.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> Infinite itself is something I doubt would sell exceptionally well, there are trust issues and a track record 343 must clear, it’d be a better goal to just do better than what H5 did and build from there. Halo isn’t passing H3 numbers without multiple titles of hard work and regaining trust. Even then I’d prefer player retention holding up far better than it has been over high number of sales. Sales is only part of what makes a game good, you need to also keep people playing to make it great.

Yeah but its hard to keep peoples attention on one game for a long time nowadays with so many other good games out there. I played nothing but halo 5 for about a year than I wanted to play destiny then back to halo for a few months and now I’m back at destiny. Edit: By the way what’s csgo?

> 2533274911200879;10:
> Edit: By the way what’s csgo?

CS:GO - Counter Strike: Global Offensive

One of the most popular first person shooters on the PC market, and I doubt Halo Infinite will even break Halo 3’s numbers due to the amount of community backlash they received during the last 6 years. If they manage to be close or surpass Halo 3’s population and retaining over 50k players after 3-6 months of release, bravo to them.

> 2533275008181400;11:
> > 2533274911200879;10:
> > Edit: By the way what’s csgo?
>
> CS:GO - Counter Strike: Global Offensive
>
> One of the most popular first person shooters on the PC market, and I doubt Halo Infinite will even break Halo 3’s numbers due to the amount of community backlash they received during the last 6 years. If they manage to be close or surpass Halo 3’s population and retaining over 50k players after 3-6 months of release, bravo to them.

PC explains why I don’t know what it is.

> 2535456029664360;3:
> Well minecraft is way ahead of it now at around 170 million downloads

MC is king again? Good for Mojang! But still, both got numbers a ““simple”” console exclusive just can’t achieve. God of War or Breath of The Wild would have been better examples or goals to aim at.

> 2535456029664360;1:
> If somehow 343i unite the 2 sides of the community and bring back classic halo and fix modern halo, do you think it can beat its predecessor :halo 3 or csgo in sales?

You probably have your expectations too high to think it will surpass even CS: GO, one of the most played games on Steam. Valve is known for always making great titles, and that title held up well until CS:GO, being able to earn an incredibly large playerbase. Since Steam, Valve became lazy, but that’s another matter.
For Halo 3, I seriously doubt it will. To date, Halo 3 STILL stand as the most sold Halo game, as well as one of the most beloved FPS game ever. Seeing how the Halo community got significantly smaller, it’s safe to assume it won’t sell well compared to Bungie’s. I have hopes that it will be better than the last 2 installments, but the record and damage have already been done. 343 would really need to develop a lot of great Halo games if they wanted to rebuild trust, and I think that ends up being an impossible task seeing where we are now.

Not to mention that Xbox isn’t doing good on itself in the market. PS4 is selling more because of exclusives (even tho it’s just movies and single-player, no longevity), PC because of power and Steam and the ability to play what Xbox has at higher quality, not to mention mods that extend a game’s lifespan. Then we have Switch with Mario games and the new Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and portability.

> 2533275010817669;14:
> [CUT]Not to mention that Xbox isn’t doing good on itself in the market. PS4 is selling more because of exclusives (even tho it’s just movies and single-player, no longevity), PC because of power and Steam and the ability to play what Xbox has at higher quality, not to mention mods that extend a game’s lifespan. Then we have Switch with Mario games and the new Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and portability.

While I’m not happy with the state of Xbox right now (I don’t even own one anymore) it’s factually wrong to claim that Xbox is doing bad sales wise. It’s certainly not achieving PS4 numbers or even closing the 1.0 to 1.8 sales gap - and of course I might add: TV, TV, sport, TV, Always on, TV, sport, Kinect and sport! The hell were you smoking Don?! The focus for exclusives on the next platform after failing so hard during the eight gen ain’t helping either frankly, but they did sell more Xbox One models in the same time frame of the X360, Xone X pushed a lot of sales last years as well.

Plus there isn’t just the console hardware to consider! Gold membership is in a never before seen height, digital goods like adds, downloadable games and MTs are selling better on Xbox too apparently (sadly for us, but good for MS) and additional hardware like Xone pads (Elite and standard editions) are selling quite well even on the PC market. there is a reason why the Xbox brand is considered one of the new pillars at Microsoft and why Phil spnecer is now in a leading position well beyond the Xbox brand alone. The green cross of the gaming world got hurt a lot in this gen, but it’s still a money printing machine for the giant of Redmond.

> 2533274795098161;15:
> > 2533275010817669;14:
> > [CUT]Not to mention that Xbox isn’t doing good on itself in the market. PS4 is selling more because of exclusives (even tho it’s just movies and single-player, no longevity), PC because of power and Steam and the ability to play what Xbox has at higher quality, not to mention mods that extend a game’s lifespan. Then we have Switch with Mario games and the new Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and portability.
>
> While I’m not happy with the state of Xbox right now (I don’t even own one anymore) it’s factually wrong to claim that Xbox is doing bad sales wise. It’s certainly not achieving PS4 numbers or even closing the 1.0 to 1.8 sales gap - and of course I might add: TV, TV, sport, TV, Always on, TV, sport, Kinect and sport! The hell were you smoking Don?! The focus for exclusives on the next platform after failing so hard during the eight gen ain’t helping either frankly, but they did sell more Xbox One models in the same time frame of the X360, Xone X pushed a lot of sales last years as well.
>
> Plus there isn’t just the console hardware to consider! Gold membership is in a never before seen height, digital goods like adds, downloadable games and MTs are selling better on Xbox too apparently (sadly for us, but good for MS) and additional hardware like Xone pads (Elite and standard editions) are selling quite well even on the PC market. there is a reason why the Xbox brand is considered one of the new pillars at Microsoft and why Phil spnecer is now in a leading position well beyond the Xbox brand alone. The green cross of the gaming world got hurt a lot in this gen, but it’s still a money printing machine for the giant of Redmond.

Guess I did got carried away. Or maybe I was talking with complete focus on comparison. The Xbox is doing way better than what my comment seems to imply… but sometimes it feels that it’s not. I mean, a LOT of people switched over to PS4 because of exclusives, or PC because of larger library, Steam and mods, as well as fan projects (like Sonic 06 PC remake).

> 2533275010817669;16:
> > 2533274795098161;15:
> > > 2533275010817669;14:
> > > [CUT]Not to mention that Xbox isn’t doing good on itself in the market. PS4 is selling more because of exclusives (even tho it’s just movies and single-player, no longevity), PC because of power and Steam and the ability to play what Xbox has at higher quality, not to mention mods that extend a game’s lifespan. Then we have Switch with Mario games and the new Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and portability.
> >
> > While I’m not happy with the state of Xbox right now (I don’t even own one anymore) [CUT]
>
> Guess I did got carried away. Or maybe I was talking with complete focus on comparison. The Xbox is doing way better than what my comment seems to imply… but sometimes it feels that it’s not. I mean, a LOT of people switched over to PS4 because of exclusives, or PC because of larger library, Steam and mods, as well as fan projects (like Sonic 06 PC remake).

Oh, that’s something else! 100% agree with you there. Nonetheless I’m one of them. I always went between PC and Xbox, but this gen shift me completely towards PC. To be fair though, the competition wasn’t much better imho. Better when it comes to a few exclusives certainly, but gaming library aside both hardware wise - PS4 and Xone FAT - were way too under-powered to be machines with a 5 plus years life span imho. :confused:

Switch lately is smiling towards me though. Love the fact that Nintendo and MS are collaborating lately when it comes to marketing btw!

> 2533274817408735;7:
> > 2533274877785117;6:
> > I can guarantee it will not surpass CSGO, and I’d bet you my next paycheck it won’t surpass Halo 3.
>
> Be sure to clearly define the terms of the bet. When you say “surpass”, you mean units sold? Revenue earned? Unique player count? Concurrent players?
>
> Making a bet with unclear terms results in potential trouble later on. Unless, of course, you were being facetious, in which case you should say that lest some people take the call for a bet seriously.

I mean in terms of Units sold and player count.

Obviously Im hoping for such a good game that would surpass the original trilogy in both personal and community viewpoint but im not really expecting such thing to happen.

But i would definitely be happy to be wrong about that.

Halo 3? Not sure. It’s possible depending on what they do with the game.
CSGO? Different game entirely, I’m not sure why it would matter if it “surpasses” it or not.