Will Halo: Infinite revive the Halo franchise?

HALO: INFINITE
So, I was thinking for quite awhile now and that for 343 to bring back halo, they need to look back on the past. Halo 3 and Halo: Reach in my opinion changed Halo and made Halo really popular in the gaming world. Of course Halo 2 was really big in story and multiplayer. Halo: Infinite needs to have Reach’s customisation, Halo 3’s multiplayer, Forge, Firefight and all great game modes. They need to create something massive here and focus on John’s story as they said they would. Hopefully they’ve learned from their mistakes in previous Halo games. They need to make it fun, make it so that the next time you go into the game, there’s something to play for. Reply if you agree/disagree with me or what I’ve missed and what other things they need to improve upon.

Halo: Infinite Requirements LOL

• Fun - John’s Face + Story (GOOD STORY) - Halo 3’s Mulitplayer - Halo Reach’s customisation + MORE - Game Modes - Firefight - Good ranking system - Good XP/Point System - Warzone but better - A game that will be played for days and daysThank you.

Well, that’s to be seen yet; we don’t know what Infinite has in store for us. I do hope they focus on Chief again, though some people have stated in the past that they just want him to either die or let him move on (I completely disagree with them). As for your stated requirements:

1. fun is subjective, so it depends on what you mean by ‘fun’

2. A lot of people have voiced that they don’t want to see the Master Chief’s face ever because there’s a sense of disappointment that what he ends up looking like will be nothing like what the community was expecting. Plus, I think a lot of people prefer to fantasize in a sense what the Master Chief actually looks like now that he’s all grown up. We’ve seen Fred, Kelly, and Linda’s faces as well as Jorge’s I suppose if Reach holds true as far as appearances go (some think that Reach didn’t hold true to the canon so idk) but Chief’s a special case scenario where people prefer to wonder instead of know for sure I suppose. But I do agree, I would love for there to be an amazing story.

3. Halo 3’s multiplayer was kinda bad in my opinion, especially with how the weapons felt. So I can do without it. I’d much prefer Halo 4’s or even Halo 2’s multiplayer.

4. There have been a couple of threads where people have requested the Halo: Reach customization and I think the dev’s talked about this during one of the interviews. Well, at the least they said ‘fans of Halo: Reach will be pleased’, so possibly a good indication if they haven’t said it outright, but we’ll see. Elaborate on more? What else would you like?

5. Well, there’s obviously going to be game modes, that hasn’t gone anywhere in the passing years, but what kind of game modes?

6. I miss Halo: Reach’s Firefight, would love to see that make a return.

7. Do you mean ranking as in competitive ranking? Because I think the current comp ranking system is pretty good, could probably use some touching up though.

8. Halo: Reach’s wasn’t too bad, kinda felt like it had no real ‘end game’ to it as once you unlocked everything you still earned cR even though you had nothing to spend it on.

9. Wasn’t really a fan of Warzone. On paper it sounded like a lot of fun, but it quickly went from fun to ‘lets see who can camp the hardest to make a rush to the enemy’s core’. Not to mention the bugs that let people just blow up the enemy’s core before it was even open. So take out the cores and it’ll be much better. (And take out the long freaking respawn timers in Warzone FireFight…)

10. Don’t you mean years and years? If a game only has a life span of a handful of days, it wasn’t made very well.

Halo Infinite needs to refer to past Halo’s but not be too afraid to make some changes. The lack of Halo in general has brought hype towards Infinite, and the hype itself is bringing the community back together.

I think it has the potential to and they’re doing all the right things so far, it’s gonna take a lot to wash the taste of H4/5 out of people’s mouths that really disliked them.

• Well that’s a no brainier. If it is not fun then why play the games. But again what is the interpretation of fun. I think the biggest killer of Fun is catering to the pros. MLG ruined Halo and I can prove that, take Halo reach, sure it had some very anti-MLG aspects (bloom, armor lock) but those could be tweaked and Halo was still a competitive game. Then 343 allowed MLG into game design (which is something you should never do). Halo 4 came out, and that was a downgrade from the previous game. - The helmet stays on - I was not a big fan of H3 multiplayer. I know that it is the favored of players looking back fondly (with Reach being a close 2nd) but I didn’t liek it too much. Too much of the equipment pool was either useless or broken to a point it couldn’t be allowed in multiplayer. Can you Imagine H3 if invulnerability was allowed in MP. People would not be complaining about Armor Lock. - Well I will refer back to a reply I made on customization. For Spartans it was bar none the best, for Elites it was bare boned. - Ummm… yeah I guess, there will be modes. This needs a little more elaboration, this is almost as broad as fun if not more. - Agreed, but if possible let us have some more customization tools where we can set enemy spawns to even make our own custom Spartan Ops maps and modes. - I like H3 ranking system because it separated the competitive from those who just want to have fun. I’ll keep my Master Sergeant Rank over a Staff Captain any day. - That could be tied into the ranking system, also as someone mentioned what could you spend credits on after you got everything, you can’t trade them but that might encourage more real money spending. - My favorite mode was Invasion for Reach but it was under developed. It had a very limited selection of maps, and the largest Forge World was used mostly for Invasion Slayer which IMHO was the worst Invasion mode (give me SvE Firefight instead). Now AI in Warzone would have been a good idea if it were not for Req packs which made it pay2win. I would like Invasion UNSC Spartans vs Covenant Elites but also add in Marines/ODST for the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals for the covenant side. Heck some NPCs like Hunters could show up as a mini-boss and you could have actual boss NPCs like the Scarab enter into play (attack and defend). Of course you would need to design some UNSC counterparts such as the Vulture, shoot the engines to force an emergency landing, take out the core, or shoot the weakspot off the back top of the vulture and get a straight shot to the core. - Well this is where I go back to my rather controversial post on Halo Infinite is not a game like H5 and H4 but closer to the MCC. In those games they were set up as a complete package with only DLC to add to content. But MCC is set up to have entire games added to it (just like Reach). Some people don’t like it but I say wait and see.

> 2533274879757912;2:
> Well, that’s to be seen yet; we don’t know what Infinite has in store for us. I do hope they focus on Chief again, though some people have stated in the past that they just want him to either die or let him move on (I completely disagree with them). As for your stated requirements:
>
> 1) fun is subjective, so it depends on what you mean by ‘fun’
>
> 2) A lot of people have voiced that they don’t want to see the Master Chief’s face ever because there’s a sense of disappointment that what he ends up looking like will be nothing like what the community was expecting. Plus, I think a lot of people prefer to fantasize in a sense what the Master Chief actually looks like now that he’s all grown up. We’ve seen Fred, Kelly, and Linda’s faces as well as Jorge’s I suppose if Reach holds true as far as appearances go (some think that Reach didn’t hold true to the canon so idk) but Chief’s a special case scenario where people prefer to wonder instead of know for sure I suppose. But I do agree, I would love for there to be an amazing story.
>
> 3) Halo 3’s multiplayer was kinda bad in my opinion, especially with how the weapons felt. So I can do without it. I’d much prefer Halo 4’s or even Halo 2’s multiplayer.
>
> 4) There have been a couple of threads where people have requested the Halo: Reach customization and I think the dev’s talked about this during one of the interviews. Well, at the least they said ‘fans of Halo: Reach will be pleased’, so possibly a good indication if they haven’t said it outright, but we’ll see. Elaborate on more? What else would you like?
>
> 5) Well, there’s obviously going to be game modes, that hasn’t gone anywhere in the passing years, but what kind of game modes?
>
> 6) I miss Halo: Reach’s Firefight, would love to see that make a return.
>
> 7) Do you mean ranking as in competitive ranking? Because I think the current comp ranking system is pretty good, could probably use some touching up though.
>
> 8) Halo: Reach’s wasn’t too bad, kinda felt like it had no real ‘end game’ to it as once you unlocked everything you still earned cR even though you had nothing to spend it on.
>
> 9) Wasn’t really a fan of Warzone. On paper it sounded like a lot of fun, but it quickly went from fun to ‘lets see who can camp the hardest to make a rush to the enemy’s core’. Not to mention the bugs that let people just blow up the enemy’s core before it was even open. So take out the cores and it’ll be much better. (And take out the long freaking respawn timers in Warzone FireFight…)
>
> 10) Don’t you mean years and years? If a game only has a life span of a handful of days, it wasn’t made very well.

Yeah I mean I could’ve elaborated on what I said a bit more lol. Yeah I agree with you on Halo 4 and Halo 2’s multiplayer, it was great. As with all of I’m a huge Halo fan, been playing it for years now. I’m hoping Halo: Infinite will surprise us with a lot of things. I mean I want to see John’s face, I suppose you’re right saying that most of the community would rather imagine with what what he looks like. I just want some badass cut scenes and at some point an emotional moment John taking off his helmet and all you see is scars and blood and what the legend himself actually looks like (A badass war thorn super soldier). I don’t want to be disappointed at the story. I want something magical, a long campaign with meaningful moments to chief and yeah probably just kill him off in a notoriously and iconic way in which everyone would remember on how we started off with the chief and how it ended (protecting the universe). What I mean by ‘fun’ is in every way, the multiplayer, the story and other modes. What I meant by modes is new ones and previous ones like firefight etc. And a ranking system like you’d have one rank across all playlists not different ones, didn’t like Halo 3’s one that much. Some what like CoD. You progress up and unlock rewards. Simple and nice. I hated when you switch from playlists your rank would just change in Halo 3. And yes of course the game is going to last years, they have a great hard working team and Microsoft right behind them helping them.

> 2533274798778494;3:
> Halo Infinite needs to refer to past Halo’s but not be too afraid to make some changes. The lack of Halo in general has brought hype towards Infinite, and the hype itself is bringing the community back together.

Agreed, hype is important but then if it turns out to be a massive disappointment I will be angry hahahah :’).

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533275031939856;4:
> I think it has the potential to and they’re doing all the right things so far, it’s gonna take a lot to wash the taste of H4/5 out of people’s mouths that really disliked them.

Yeah as of now I’ve really liked with the art style to Halo: Wars 2 so we’ll see what happens. The Halo: Wars 2 art style was like realistic but cartoony at the same time which I liked. Not too complicated looking like Halo 5’s.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2666640315087182;5:
> - Well that’s a no brainier. If it is not fun then why play the games. But again what is the interpretation of fun. I think the biggest killer of Fun is catering to the pros. MLG ruined Halo and I can prove that, take Halo reach, sure it had some very anti-MLG aspects (bloom, armor lock) but those could be tweaked and Halo was still a competitive game. Then 343 allowed MLG into game design (which is something you should never do). Halo 4 came out, and that was a downgrade from the previous game. - The helmet stays on - I was not a big fan of H3 multiplayer. I know that it is the favored of players looking back fondly (with Reach being a close 2nd) but I didn’t liek it too much. Too much of the equipment pool was either useless or broken to a point it couldn’t be allowed in multiplayer. Can you Imagine H3 if invulnerability was allowed in MP. People would not be complaining about Armor Lock. - Well I will refer back to a reply I made on customization. For Spartans it was bar none the best, for Elites it was bare boned. - Ummm… yeah I guess, there will be modes. This needs a little more elaboration, this is almost as broad as fun if not more. - Agreed, but if possible let us have some more customization tools where we can set enemy spawns to even make our own custom Spartan Ops maps and modes. - I like H3 ranking system because it separated the competitive from those who just want to have fun. I’ll keep my Master Sergeant Rank over a Staff Captain any day. - That could be tied into the ranking system, also as someone mentioned what could you spend credits on after you got everything, you can’t trade them but that might encourage more real money spending. - My favorite mode was Invasion for Reach but it was under developed. It had a very limited selection of maps, and the largest Forge World was used mostly for Invasion Slayer which IMHO was the worst Invasion mode (give me SvE Firefight instead). Now AI in Warzone would have been a good idea if it were not for Req packs which made it pay2win. I would like Invasion UNSC Spartans vs Covenant Elites but also add in Marines/ODST for the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals for the covenant side. Heck some NPCs like Hunters could show up as a mini-boss and you could have actual boss NPCs like the Scarab enter into play (attack and defend). Of course you would need to design some UNSC counterparts such as the Vulture, shoot the engines to force an emergency landing, take out the core, or shoot the weakspot off the back top of the vulture and get a straight shot to the core. - Well this is where I go back to my rather controversial post on Halo Infinite is not a game like H5 and H4 but closer to the MCC. In those games they were set up as a complete package with only DLC to add to content. But MCC is set up to have entire games added to it (just like Reach). Some people don’t like it but I say wait and see.

Yeah I agree with you on most parts here, I elaborated more above in a ‘quote reply’. Also, I want Elite customisations and duel wield again hahahahah that was so fun. I hate micro-transactions but it’s definitely going to be in there like most other games now. I hope it’s not pay to win, I think Halo 5 did a good job, I’m not too sure on that though. I didn’t spend anything on that game. I think we need more DLC as well in Halo games, like extra maps or story missions whatever it is.

At the end of the day we’re all going to buy the next Halo, well I am anyway. Hope it’s good :slight_smile:

> 2533274847538719;8:
> > 2533275031939856;4:
> > I think it has the potential to and they’re doing all the right things so far, it’s gonna take a lot to wash the taste of H4/5 out of people’s mouths that really disliked them.
>
> Yeah as of now I’ve really liked with the art style to Halo: Wars 2 so we’ll see what happens. The Halo: Wars 2 art style was like realistic but cartoony at the same time which I liked. Not too complicated looking like Halo 5’s.

I LOVED HW2 art style. Unfortunately the art director of that game left 343i but Sparth’s new style is looking great so far too so I’m happy.

Just bring back Invasion.

> 2533274847538719;9:
> > 2666640315087182;5:
> > - …
>
> Yeah I agree with you on most parts here, I elaborated more above in a ‘quote reply’. Also, I want Elite customisations and duel wield again hahahahah that was so fun. I hate micro-transactions but it’s definitely going to be in there like most other games now. I hope it’s not pay to win, I think Halo 5 did a good job, I’m not too sure on that though. I didn’t spend anything on that game. I think we need more DLC as well in Halo games, like extra maps or story missions whatever it is.
>
> At the end of the day we’re all going to buy the next Halo, well I am anyway. Hope it’s good :slight_smile:

Well that depends, a halo game is no longer a guaranteed buy just like a $tar War$ movie is no longer a guaranteed watch. I did get H4 but I didn’t even bother with H5 from all the shenanigans that was thrown into that game, and from what I have been hearing and reading I do not regret that decision (no FOMO here). Heck I skipped on HW2 for pretty much the same reasons with blitz mode. Now I am getting Reach for the PC, partly because I already got a PC. I didn’t get an XB1 yet because Microsoft screw up the marketing campaign on that so bad I took their president advice and not buy one (they literally said the XB360 was a product for me). Heck even MCC on XB1 was a disaster. I didn’t need an XB1 to play all the Halo games I had the XB360 and the XB1 didn’t play any of the past games (because they tried to push the market to remasters over backwards compatibility), so to get the MCC I needed an XB1 but if I get an XB1 I would not be able to play any halo games until I got the MCC? In the end a better version of the XBONE the XB1X is coming out and I’ll pick that up. I found out it is always better to wait for the later batches of a new console in the generation.

> 2533274847538719;1:
> HALO: INFINITESo, I was thinking for quite awhile now and that for 343 to bring back halo, they need to look back on the past. Halo 3 and Halo: Reach in my opinion changed Halo and made Halo really popular in the gaming world. Of course Halo 2 was really big in story and multiplayer. Halo: Infinite needs to have Reach’s customisation, Halo 3’s multiplayer, Forge, Firefight and all great game modes. They need to create something massive here and focus on John’s story as they said they would. Hopefully they’ve learned from their mistakes in previous Halo games. They need to make it fun, make it so that the next time you go into the game, there’s something to play for. Reply if you agree/disagree with me or what I’ve missed and what other things they need to improve upon.
>
> Halo: Infinite Requirements LOL
> - Fun - John’s Face + Story (GOOD STORY) - Halo 3’s Mulitplayer - Halo Reach’s customisation + MORE - Game Modes - Firefight - Good ranking system - Good XP/Point System - Warzone but better - A game that will be played for days and daysThank you.

1. Yes, I think the return of dual wielding of weapons would be a good factor.

2. No, and yes. The Master Chief’s face being hidden is a big part of his character, and I don’t want to ruin it past the legendary ending in Halo 4.

3. Likely and hopeful for most of us, but we have to wait and see, for now, I’d like to see sprint stay or at least increase walking speed.

4. Good idea, but I don’t think it will happen, not much evidence to support either of these.

I didn’t have anything to say about 5 or 6, I’m not that good at contributing, am I?

1. Something I can add to this is the absolute anger people got when reaching max rank in Halo 5, you got nothing, maybe a special armor or weapon skin would work better, you know?

2. Titanfall 2’s merit system wouldn’t be shameful to get some inspiration from, it’s a great way to revision the ranking system in video games.

3. In basic terms, without requisition? I can imagine.

4. Do you mean centuries? I thought so.

If the game has a good campaign, good sandbox, good multiplayer, all the features that are expected to be in a halo at launch, and isn’t filled to the brim with pay to win microtransactions, and is on steam then it will be a good halo game.

I hope this also brings back to old & also brings in the new, if you get what I’m saying

If they don’t bring back classic mechanics, doubt it! The reason I go to Halo is because it’s not trying to be like everything else except right now it’s kind of trying to be like everything else.