Will Halo Infinite include Hub Areas?

Since Halo Infinite is essentially one megahuge super-mission, it would make sense for there to be hub areas like UNSC bases that have established a presence on Zeta Halo, because Escharum couldn’t have completely wiped out every single UNSC on the ring. Maybe at these ‘bases’ there could be:

Loadout weapon racks
Many devoted Halo players know the significance of ammunition, and these UNSC bases should have some weapon racks of Sidekicks, MA40s and other staple UNSC firearms, so that if you end up with no ammo in your Mangler or no battery in your Ravager, you can always stock up on some fine UNSC-issue weapons.

Marine Recruit Centres
As in one of the Inside Infinite posts has revealed, there are marines stranded on Zeta Halo that could use some assistance. Perhaps at a UNSC base there is an area where you can recruit some to go jaunting off on a ride to a Banished stronghold? Maybe… Maybe if you find marines who need assistance, you can bring them back to a UNSC base and later return if you need their assistance? (This may be an example of character fidelity)

Yea, I need an area to AFK and show off my cool gear between matches.

I hope there is a social hub, made a lot of friends in destiny that way, either way i can’t wait for infinite.

Yes, I think the idea of a Multiplayer pre-match hub is good, but any ideas about Campaign hub areas?

> 2535458491947956;4:
> Yes, I think the idea of a Multiplayer pre-match hub is good, but any ideas about Campaign hub areas?

I’m sure that this role will be filled by bases you reclaim. perhaps there are small bases in the beginning of the game but the marines need you to recapture the big ones. Maybe the scanners at the base could locate abandoned gear or secrets, giving incentives to defend the base.

as an aside it would be cool if the live fire map was kind of integrated into a multiplayer hub and you could spectate a match happening in real time there. or it could just replay a prerecorded theater match. there’s some cool opportunities for shared experiences I think. maybe also some rumble pit that you can drop in and out of if you just want to shoot some guns without doing matchmaking or having any responsibilities. I know that this post is supposed to be about the campaign sorry.

would be cool to see a social hub in halo kinda like we see in destiny where we can just go afk or pick up challenges from like another spartan or veteran ODST. It would be a great way to open up the game and allow opportunities to get challenge exclusive gear and items.

The way Joseph Staten described it sounds pretty cool. You could mosey on into a seemingly deserted UNSC base…only to find out it’s infiltrated with invisible elites who set up trap.

This is something that I’d adore and so would others. Like call it “The Courtyard.”

A part of the Academy. And it can change across the seasons. ODST Season, now we could see some ODST hanging around. Finally get playable Elites? Maybe see a few hanging around. Put a few golf clubs and balls around.

It’d be a blast. Party up and head to game selection screen.

> 2535458491947956;1:
> Since Halo Infinite is essentially one megahuge super-mission, it would make sense for there to be hub areas like UNSC bases that have established a presence on Zeta Halo, because Escharum couldn’t have completely wiped out every single UNSC on the ring. Maybe at these ‘bases’ there could be:
>
> Loadout weapon racks
> Many devoted Halo players know the significance of ammunition, and these UNSC bases should have some weapon racks of Sidekicks, MA40s and other staple UNSC firearms, so that if you end up with no ammo in your Mangler or no battery in your Ravager, you can always stock up on some fine UNSC-issue weapons.
>
> Marine Recruit CentresAs in one of the Inside Infinite posts has revealed, there are marines stranded on Zeta Halo that could use some assistance. Perhaps at a UNSC base there is an area where you can recruit some to go jaunting off on a ride to a Banished stronghold? Maybe… Maybe if you find marines who need assistance, you can bring them back to a UNSC base and later return if you need their assistance? (This may be an example of character fidelity)

I think the loadout weapon racks are going to be a thing when you liberate bases or something like that. In the campaign overview, there was a shot of a marine base, and on the floor there there was a small green weapon indicator.

Campaign hub areas could be amusing, as long as you could still play the campaign offline if you needed, then I would be down for campaign hub areas.

A hub like Reach would be good

> 2535458491947956;1:
> Since Halo Infinite is essentially one megahuge super-mission, it would make sense for there to be hub areas like UNSC bases that have established a presence on Zeta Halo, because Escharum couldn’t have completely wiped out every single UNSC on the ring. Maybe at these ‘bases’ there could be:
>
> Loadout weapon racks
> Many devoted Halo players know the significance of ammunition, and these UNSC bases should have some weapon racks of Sidekicks, MA40s and other staple UNSC firearms, so that if you end up with no ammo in your Mangler or no battery in your Ravager, you can always stock up on some fine UNSC-issue weapons.
>
> Marine Recruit CentresAs in one of the Inside Infinite posts has revealed, there are marines stranded on Zeta Halo that could use some assistance. Perhaps at a UNSC base there is an area where you can recruit some to go jaunting off on a ride to a Banished stronghold? Maybe… Maybe if you find marines who need assistance, you can bring them back to a UNSC base and later return if you need their assistance? (This may be an example of character fidelity)

I think at the beginning of the game, there will be UNSC outposts that are controlled by the Banished. As you move through the campaign, you can liberate these outposts and bring them back under UNSC occupation.
The outposts will have ammo and vehicles for you to take, and you’ll be able to fast travel between locations you have captured.
Being able to ‘rally’ a squad of marines to go off on a mission would be a pretty cool mechanic.

Sounds boring and repetitive, just like Far Cry 2 onwards. Liberating bases and climbing towers was not fun.

if there is diversity in the missions I think it would be cool.

This would be a great idea that I hope that gets put in the game.