Will Halo Infinite bring more stream viewers?

Halo was a powerhouse in the early days of streaming with justin.tv having lots of Halo streamers and viewers. I spent a lot of time in the smaller streamer lobbies and they still had 10-20 people in each one. This dropped off massively with the introduction of Twitch.

Looking now Halo MCC has barely any viewers at all, especially compared to everything else on the platform. I enjoy watching Halo eSports tournaments now and again, but I find it surprising there aren’t any huge individual Halo streamers like there are for many other games.

Do you think it will pick up with the release of Infinite and bring in a wider audience? It would be great to see it represented on a wider scale and have more streams to watch on a lazy Sunday.

Never really streamed before myself but did some earlier for my ranked matches for 2.5 hours to just one person. If that was you, thanks for checking in haha.

Being free to play will certainly help the series find more interest, and that will probably translate to more people streaming the game, If it can retain a large streaming audience in the long run is up for debate at this point, at the very least I hope so.

At launh yes, but it has to look good, be fun, and be balanced to keep the viewers. If the viewers don’t like the game then the streamer has to move on to keep interest

> 2533274801036271;1:
> Halo was a powerhouse in the early days of streaming with justin.tv having lots of Halo streamers and viewers. I spent a lot of time in the smaller streamer lobbies and they still had 10-20 people in each one. This dropped off massively with the introduction of Twitch.
>
> Looking now Halo MCC has barely any viewers at all, especially compared to everything else on the platform. I enjoy watching Halo eSports tournaments now and again, but I find it surprising there aren’t any huge individual Halo streamers like there are for many other games.
>
> Do you think it will pick up with the release of Infinite and bring in a wider audience? It would be great to see it represented on a wider scale and have more streams to watch on a lazy Sunday.
>
> Never really streamed before myself but did some earlier for my ranked matches for 2.5 hours to just one person. If that was you, thanks for checking in haha.

Probably not unless the MP is truly revolutionary. Or they have a BR that smokes Fortnite or Warzone. Fortnite seems to have dropped off a bit and Warzone is about to be on it’s last season so it could have a chance. But I doubt it.

MCC is also a collection of older titles, half of which are a decade old, all of which have very different gameplay. It would actually be surprising if it was a popular collection to stream. What with MP being F2P I have no doubt that Infinite will be popular…at launch. Whether it remains a juggernaut for some time depends on how good it is.

I think the traditional multiplayer that we currently have isn’t much to keep viewers hooked. A new gamemode that attracts an audience or a connection with streaming partners would definitely help in my opinion.

If it’s good and has a long life I’m sure it will have a bigger audience than MCC. Gotta remember that Twitch is heavily PC based and MCC is very old games that weren’t designed for PC. Infinite will be brand new and built with PC in mind. Will it become a huge hit? Who knows at this point. But I’m pretty confident it will at least be bigger than MCC.