Will Halo ever get a movie?

The series has novels, comics, miniseries, and even a DVD full of shorts made in Japan. Yet the idea of a movie seems to allude a game that would be perfect for it. They wouldn’t even need to base it on one of the games like they could do one where Master Cheif is fighting before the Fall of Reach, or one mainly focused on the Covenant. Hell they could do one on some random squad that was on the ring before it was destroyed in the first game.

We will ever get one, or will it be one that if made, would be stuck in development hell?

I’m not sure what you mean by movies because the Halo franchise does have multiple movies for example (Forward Unto Dawn) (5 October 2012)
Though Forward Unto Dawn was split into episodes it can be watched fully without having to go to each EP
(Halo: The Fall of Reach) (2015)
Though this was also split into EPs you can also watch this as you would a movie
but none the less I think your idea on a full halo movie is pretty good and 343i should definitely look into it, Personally, I would love to see a mini-series or complete movie of 2552 New Mombasa event with a group of ODSTs (much like Buck’s Platoon) surviving the onslaught of the covenant as they ravage through them as the ODSTs try to survive.

> 2535445491202928;2:
> I’m not sure what you mean by movies because the Halo franchise does have multiple movies for example (Forward Unto Dawn) (5 October 2012)
> Though Forward Unto Dawn was split into episodes it can be watched fully without having to go to each EP(Halo: The Fall of Reach) (2015)
> Though this was also split into EPs you can also watch this as you would a movie

I mainly consider those as Mini-Series, since they were realized in an episodic way. But yeah, would love to get a theatre release of a Halo movie, and thankfully, much like with The Legend of Zelda, you can make a movie at any point and still make it canon to the games.

Wasnt there a halo movie planned around the time of halo 3? I remember a video with odst’s and brutes, it looked really cool

> 2535446253471286;4:
> Wasnt there a halo movie planned around the time of halo 3? I remember a video with odst’s and brutes, it looked really cool

Was that not a Halo 3 trailer?

I think that we could maybe get a real full budget movie someday but the real question is would it be good.

> 2533274934873902;6:
> I think that we could maybe get a real full budget movie someday but the real question is would it be good.

Feel like the TV series will demonstrate a lot of what is/isn’t feasible for the franchise

I mean, there’s always Halo Legends… not bad, but I get what you mean, you want a real movie.

If it ever does i dont know if it would ever be good enough for fans:(

> 2533274885517572;9:
> If it ever does i dont know if it would ever be good enough for fans:(

Speak for yourself! lol no seriously I get what you’re saying. There always seems to be a few folks out there who are never pleased no matter what 343 does.

As far as a movie goes, Let’s see how the TV series fares. Some good TV shows have gotten movies (see Firefly and Serenity). Perhaps this could be a test bed for seeing what audiences think of Chief on the small screen so 343 can make a better informed decision on moving him to the big screen. Long shot, but who knows.

> 2533274937308412;1:
> The series has novels, comics, miniseries, and even a DVD full of shorts made in Japan. Yet the idea of a movie seems to allude a game that would be perfect for it. They wouldn’t even need to base it on one of the games like they could do one where Master Cheif is fighting before the Fall of Reach, or one mainly focused on the Covenant. Hell they could do one on some random squad that was on the ring before it was destroyed in the first game.
>
> We will ever get one, or will it be one that if made, would be stuck in development hell?

I think it’s possible, but movies are big budget and to do it right they’d need IMO top notch actors and just everything that makes movies top notch. I’d want nothing less than a Marvel/DC quality movie. And that’s a lot of money that idk they’d be willing to spend on. Who knows, I hope so though.

> 2533274912168474;11:
> > 2533274937308412;1:
> > The series has novels, comics, miniseries, and even a DVD full of shorts made in Japan. Yet the idea of a movie seems to allude a game that would be perfect for it. They wouldn’t even need to base it on one of the games like they could do one where Master Cheif is fighting before the Fall of Reach, or one mainly focused on the Covenant. Hell they could do one on some random squad that was on the ring before it was destroyed in the first game.
> >
> > We will ever get one, or will it be one that if made, would be stuck in development hell?
>
> I think it’s possible, but movies are big budget and to do it right they’d need IMO top notch actors and just everything that makes movies top notch. I’d want nothing less than a Marvel/DC quality movie. And that’s a lot of money that idk they’d be willing to spend on. Who knows, I hope so though.

Agreed. One thing that makes sci-fi so difficult to turn into a movie is that it’s kind of a niche market in the grand scheme of things in Hollywood. The Marvel/DC movies are a bit of an exception, but those also tap into the superhero niche. That’s why we keep getting sequels and reboots. Movies are expensive so production companies go with the sure-thing cash cows as opposed to branching out into new territory.

> 2535435902217648;10:
> > 2533274885517572;9:
> > If it ever does i dont know if it would ever be good enough for fans:(
>
> Speak for yourself! lol no seriously I get what you’re saying. There always seems to be a few folks out there who are never pleased no matter what 343 does.
>
> As far as a movie goes, Let’s see how the TV series fares. Some good TV shows have gotten movies (see Firefly and Serenity). Perhaps this could be a test bed for seeing what audiences think of Chief on the small screen so 343 can make a better informed decision on moving him to the big screen. Long shot, but who knows.

True and I am hopeful cause I really do what 1 that will be really great and do the series Justice I’m just worried about it because of all the other video game movies and adaptations that have failed. But there is still a chance and i hope the show and if a movie happens it will be amazing!

Im asuming the movie is stuck in development.

As far as a well made, well received movie I think it could depend on how popular Infinite gets, and if the TV show ever comes out, it’s success as well. It would be a dream come true if we get one

> 2533274856865856;8:
> I mean, there’s always Halo Legends… not bad, but I get what you mean, you want a real movie.

I’m interested in watching Legends. How is it?

> 2535454703778907;16:
> > 2533274856865856;8:
> > I mean, there’s always Halo Legends… not bad, but I get what you mean, you want a real movie.
>
> I’m interested in watching Legends. How is it?

It’s alright. I personally love it but its a collection of multiple animator’s short stories in non-cannon halo universes. Its still amazing though, so I’d definitely give it a watch.

> 2533274874872263;5:
> > 2535446253471286;4:
> > Wasnt there a halo movie planned around the time of halo 3? I remember a video with odst’s and brutes, it looked really cool
>
>
>
> > 2533274874872263;5:
> > > 2535446253471286;4:
> > > Wasnt there a halo movie planned around the time of halo 3? I remember a video with odst’s and brutes, it looked really cool
> >
> > Was that not a Halo 3 trailer?
>
> well yes, but i thought i heard something about that being test footage

> 2535446253471286;18:
> > 2533274874872263;5:
> > > 2535446253471286;4:
> > > Wasnt there a halo movie planned around the time of halo 3? I remember a video with odst’s and brutes, it looked really cool
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274874872263;5:
> > > > 2535446253471286;4:
> > > > Wasnt there a halo movie planned around the time of halo 3? I remember a video with odst’s and brutes, it looked really cool
> > >
> > > Was that not a Halo 3 trailer?
> >
> > well yes, but i thought i heard something about that being test footage

IIRC it was directed by Neill Blomkamp who was the original choice for the Halo movie before it got cancelled and those were the only direct links

I feel TV shows lend themselves better to character and world development.

Sci-Fi Movies, especially today, are mostly eye-candy.