Will Halo ever be Halo again??

I’m an old time Halo fan/Veteran. I’ve played Halo since 2001. I care about my legendary video game. I just want to know if I’m able to make a difference in the game’s future. People are saying that Halo is ruined. I kinda/kinda not agree with them. What I mean is, Halo just isn’t Halo anymore. The story of Halo was more about the Covenant, the Flood, the Forerunners massive destructive weapons known as Halo and how humanity was on the brink of extinction. Now I feel like that drifting off. I didn’t like the way Halo 4 went. I still feel like that was your biggest mistake on the story. The graphics gameplay wasn’t that bad at all. I just felt like that the story is where you guy’s did wrong. Halo was about Master Chief and Cortana saving the universe from extinction from the terrifying foes of the Covenant, the Flood, and the Forerunners. Now in Halo 5 Guardians, Cortana is the bad guy trying to destroy the universe!?!? Why are you switching the more epic foes in gaming history to our most loved and caring companion. I don’t like it. Whoever came up with that idea isn’t thinking in the right direction. Please 343 industries. Don’t make Halo, which has the most epic and LEGENDARY story line into nothing. Don’t mess up the story line, don’t mess up the soundtrack. Please, that’s another key feature of why Halo is one of the best video games out there. The SOUNDTRACK! It’s why Halo is so known. Because of it’s soundtrack as well. Please 343. Read it and take my absolutely true comment to heart. Please 343, don’t screw up the legendary game Bungie has created and left in your hands.

Do you agree with me? I feel like Halo isn’t Just Halo anymore :frowning:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

TL DR. Another this isn’t halo Thread I assume

“This is new and I don’t like it!”

OP Halo 5 is a move in the right direction. Especially after H4. I’m sure we can both agree there.

@OP- While I can agree with you in some aspects…I just wanted to say I love your name haha. One of my favorite anime.

Don’t worry, they’ll get back to the good stuff soon. In halo 7 I’m sure they will. Halo 6 will finish up the master chief-cortana thing. In 7 they will either get back to the flood or the brute civil war.

Have you listened to the halo 5 soundtrack? It’s awesome! You can only have so many stories about halos, flood, and covenant. Luckily there’s a high chance you’ll be getting that in halo 6 (there’s a halo ring in the legendary ending). To the first 2 replies: He (or she, but probably he) is just talking about the story which we all know wasn’t the best. He’s also being very polite unlike most people who say “343 sucks at making halo.” Read the OP next time before making contradicting comments. Also OP, if you want classic halo music, listen to the trials. It’s the perfect blend of modern and classic.

Ive also been playing since 2001. Halo now is the first time that Halo actually feels like the Halo we’ve learned/read about.

I can only speak for myself, but I’ve changed a lot as a gamer in fifteen years. So when I look at Halo and I feel a temptation to slight it for having an identity crisis then I have to remind myself that if you look at it objectively it really isn’t the game that’s changing all that much. It’s me.

I think Halo will be Halo again when I fire up my Xbox One and load up Halo 5 and start playing. I guess I have never understood the statement. Ever single Halo game besides has had a different feel. 2 and 3 were very similar but still played way different. I just think players need to let nostalgia go. Halo 5 is Halo at it’s core, Just like every other entry except 4. Halo 4 felt like a Halo game but wasn’t very balanced. Halo 5 is all about weapon balance and working as a team for power weapon and map control. Boom. Halo.

> 2533274816299345;7:
> Ive also been playing since 2001. Halo now is the first time that Halo actually feels like the Halo we’ve learned/read about.

<3

If nothing changed and we were still working with Halo CE, the franchise would have died a long time ago. When a new game comes out, change should be expected. Otherwise, why make a new game? As far as the story goes, same thing. If nothing changes, why bother with a new game? If after 7 games we were still on the brink of extinction, still facing an overwhelming Covenant Army/Navy, people would either be too frustrated to care or too bored to care. Change may not always be good, but it’s always necessary. Change or be left behind.

Halo in it’s current form is Halo. Learn to cope.

We’ve had this thread twice within like the past 3 days…

Well the covenant war ended after h3, the flood are supposedly done for (although much speculation that they could be on other ring worlds), and the humans aren’t necessarily being killed off to extinction anymore. Maybe that’s why it’s not the same as h1-3? Cuz the story eventually ends you know? Would be very boring to keep playing “fight covenant off this world, stop them from doing this this and that” over and over again. I think the forerunners being added makes things more fresh. What I wonder is if h5s legendary ending means anything, will we see the flood being unleashed once again? (I’d love to see what 343 will do with the flood personally being how they’ve yet to do a game where they were not heavily featured). Will master chief also carry the librarians gift with him to help out? What will cortana do with the guardians? How are they meant to police the Galaxy? How will the Galaxy fight vs it? I think halos story changing isn’t a bad thing at all, no one wants to keep doing what h1-3 did story wise after we’ve already done it.

Edit: Apparently the site messed up and posted twice XD my bad

I think whats missing in this Halo that was in all the others is just having fun, no one truly has fun anymore in Halo, sure we have Forgers and Custom Gamers, but it just isn’t the same as what Halo CE, 2 and 3 had, I spent hours having a blast with tons of friends, now everyone in some way or another just takes the game way to seriously.

The first three games just had something about them that was just so fun, ranging from odd glitches and getting out of maps in Halo 2, to Infection in Halo 3 where the zombies were fast and you were required to only use a vehicle since your base speed was so slow, it was awesome, now we have to much stuff XD

I love all the “this is halo” “let it go” “learn to adapt” comments from likely halo noobs.

Its the fickle crowd like you guys that will play halo for X amount of months, then move on and never touch the series again.

Look at the history of gaming across all platforms and mediums - App games, MMOs, PC shooters, console games, etc. - EVERY time a franchise tries to compete with the “flavor of the month” in its genre and sell-out its model, it’s a colossal failure in the long term and it destroys the lure of what made it special to begin with. I can name tons of examples.

now look at games that retain their core elements. They continue to be successful, timeless franchises.

> 2696128169788667;17:
> I love all the “this is halo” “let it go” “learn to adapt” comments from likely halo noobs.
>
> Its the fickle crowd like you guys that will play halo for X amount of months, then move on and never touch the series again.
>
> Look at the history of gaming across all platforms and mediums - App games, MMOs, PC shooters, console games, etc. - EVERY time a franchise tries to compete with the “flavor of the month” in its genre and sell-out its model, it’s a colossal failure in the long term and it destroys the lure of what made it special to begin with. I can name tons of examples.
>
> now look at games that retain their core elements. They continue to be successful, timeless franchises.

A fair amount of people saying this are Halo “veterans”

Us Halo vets appreciate the originals, but understand that thing have to change. Plus, I’ve already played the old Halos, I don’t want to pay $60 to play the same thing again.

> 2560081931056311;18:
> > 2696128169788667;17:
> > I love all the “this is halo” “let it go” “learn to adapt” comments from likely halo noobs.
> >
> > Its the fickle crowd like you guys that will play halo for X amount of months, then move on and never touch the series again.
> >
> > Look at the history of gaming across all platforms and mediums - App games, MMOs, PC shooters, console games, etc. - EVERY time a franchise tries to compete with the “flavor of the month” in its genre and sell-out its model, it’s a colossal failure in the long term and it destroys the lure of what made it special to begin with. I can name tons of examples.
> >
> > now look at games that retain their core elements. They continue to be successful, timeless franchises.
>
>
> A fair amount of people saying this are Halo “veterans”
>
> Us Halo vets appreciate the originals, but understand that thing have to change. Plus, I’ve already played the old Halos, I don’t want to pay $60 to play the same thing again.

Ok, then change things in an original wait fitting of halo. Don’t reskin/recycle mechanics from CoD.

Halo was an innovative, pure shooter. It certainly can’t be called that anymore. Innovate? Not at all. There’s nothing original about anything added to Halo 5 from a mechanics stand point that other games aren’t doing. Nothing. Shooter? Barely. It’s a sup-component. 343 feels the need to promote these awful seizure mechanics of sprint/Spartan charge/ground pound. The maps are specifically designed for these aspects.

Change is change. This is copying, not change.

> 2696128169788667;19:
> > 2560081931056311;18:
> > > 2696128169788667;17:
> > > I love all the “this is halo” “let it go” “learn to adapt” comments from likely halo noobs.
> > >
> > > Its the fickle crowd like you guys that will play halo for X amount of months, then move on and never touch the series again.
> > >
> > > Look at the history of gaming across all platforms and mediums - App games, MMOs, PC shooters, console games, etc. - EVERY time a franchise tries to compete with the “flavor of the month” in its genre and sell-out its model, it’s a colossal failure in the long term and it destroys the lure of what made it special to begin with. I can name tons of examples.
> > >
> > > now look at games that retain their core elements. They continue to be successful, timeless franchises.
> >
> >
> > A fair amount of people saying this are Halo “veterans”
> >
> > Us Halo vets appreciate the originals, but understand that thing have to change. Plus, I’ve already played the old Halos, I don’t want to pay $60 to play the same thing again.
>
>
> Ok, then change things in an original wait fitting of halo. Don’t reskin/recycle mechanics from CoD.
>
> Halo was an innovative, pure shooter. It certainly can’t be called that anymore. Innovate? Not at all. There’s nothing original about anything added to Halo 5 from a mechanics stand point that other games aren’t doing. Nothing. Shooter? Barely. It’s a sup-component. 343 feels the need to promote these awful seizure mechanics of sprint/Spartan charge/ground pound. The maps are specifically designed for these aspects.
>
> Change is change. This is copying, not change.

So this change is only bad because some feel like its a copy from other games?

Of course the maps are designed for the way the players can move, why wouldn’t they be?

This is change, its something that wasn’t in previous games. Its fine if you don’t like the changes, but you were saying to not change.

This is the most Halo-y Halo I’ve played in a long time, I think its great. The Spartan abilities are a ton of fun fit right into the Halo world for me.