Will Halo CEA have a visible trueskill system for multiplayer?

Title for reference.

The 1-50 ranking system in Halo 3 was one of the main reasons that kept me coming back to the game; it’s addicting, challenging yourself to work toward a 50 in each individual playlist was an amazing feature.

Halo Reach got rid of this feature and to me it’s really sucked the life out of the competitive side of Halo. No more do you find people that are playing just as willingly as you are to get a higher rank.

I realise that Bungie got rid of it to stop second accounts from being made, but wasn’t that helping Microsoft sell xbox live gold a bit better any way?

What do you guys think? Is it going to be in the game? Am I stupid for asking this question seeing how it may have already been answered?

It is Reach’s multiplayer; so unless Reach is changed, no.

If they can change the mechanics of the game to play more like a classic Halo experience I am almost certain that they could change the functionality of matchmaking.

> If they can change the mechanics of the game to play more like a classic Halo experience I am almost certain that they could change the functionality of matchmaking.

they tried this in Team classic,

it failed

They are doing it properly for CEA; but that isn’t the point. Does anyone know as to whether or not they are going to make trueskill visible?

> They are doing it properly for CEA; but that isn’t the point. <mark>Does anyone know as to whether or not they are going to make trueskill visible?</mark>

I haven’t read or heard anything about it. They are keeping a tight lip about the playlists so it isn’t out of the realm of possibilities but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Good to hear link. I would be immensely happy if they put it in the game.

> Title for reference.
>
> The 1-50 ranking system in Halo 3 was one of the main reasons that kept me coming back to the game; it’s addicting, challenging yourself to work toward a 50 in each individual playlist was an amazing feature.
>
> Halo Reach got rid of this feature and to me it’s really sucked the life out of the competitive side of Halo. No more do you find people that are playing just as willingly as you are to get a higher rank.
>
> I realise that Bungie got rid of it to stop second accounts from being made, but wasn’t that helping Microsoft sell xbox live gold a bit better any way?
>
> What do you guys think? Is it going to be in the game? Am I stupid for asking this question seeing how it may have already been answered?

1-50 should never return. It wasn’t just multi-accounters, there were derankers and boosters, and these ruined the experience of Halo for a lot of players.

Since the new maps are basically just a map pack, no, a new ranking system will not be introduced.

All signs point to “no”.

> Good to hear link. I would be immensely happy if they put it in the game.

There’s a 99.9% chance that the traditional 1-50 ranking system will never be brought back into Halo: Reach, and possibly Halo 4, 5, and 6.

> > Good to hear link. I would be immensely happy if they put it in the game.
>
> <mark>There’s a 99.9% chance that the traditional 1-50 ranking system will never be brought back into Halo: Reach</mark>, and possibly Halo 4, 5, and 6.

That is basically what I said. I think maybe he was glad I didn’t shut down the idea completely.

I never played for rank, just for fun, but I think in H4 they should have the H2 ranking system for those that want it.

NO WAY are they gonna jack w/the Reach rank system…to answer your question…

I think with Halo 4 just being over a year away they wouldnt change the ranking system but causeof the fans demand for a true skill ranking system they will putone in Halo 4. I also thought iheard that they were looking at doing a simular set up that Halo 2 had but i dont know this 100 %

> > If they can change the mechanics of the game to play more like a classic Halo experience I am almost certain that they could change the functionality of matchmaking.
>
> they tried this in Team classic,
>
> it failed

Bungie’s Team Classic was a lame and unsuccessful attempt at appeasing the vocal community. 343 implements title updates that actually affect the small factors of the game, not just tweaking stuff we all can tweak in customs like Bungie

This youtuber has made a vid that clears most things up. halo cea info

I hope they will, it would make reach MP actually exciting

I would love them to go to a Halo 2 set up. I just want something that can give me a semi-accurate indication of how good a player is going to be. In Reach you can come across an inheritor and people all expect him to be a psycho but then he ends up being the worst on the team.

Check his service record after the match and we find that he just abused campaign and firefight commendations…lame.

At least Halo 2 and 3 gave you a reasonable indication of how good a player was going to be; more so Halo 2 but even 3 provided us with a better idea then reach.

> > If they can change the mechanics of the game to play more like a classic Halo experience I am almost certain that they could change the functionality of matchmaking.
>
> they tried this in Team classic,
>
> it failed

I hope you are joking, TC was a failure because of the AR, ugly maps and nades.

Also, hardly any Hardcore halo players play Reach anymore.

I hope that a 1-50 system is implemented none of the less.

> If they can change the mechanics of the game to play more like a classic Halo experience I am almost certain that they could change the functionality of matchmaking.

lol classic halo would have no ranking or record of stats, if it was “more like a classic halo experience”