Will Halo 6 just be on the Ring?

I know that there is a lot of rumours about what Halo Infinite will be or won’t be, but I hope that it is not all based on the one Halo Ring.

I would love to see levels as big as Halo CE, with the upgraded graphics and gameplay, but I would like to see missions on the Infinity Ship, or the Ark, or another planet.

I am sure an open Halo Ring would have lots to explore, but I don’t want a game where you have to go across the map to get to a mission, as I find this gets boring real quick.

Not the travelling across the map, but the fact that you will be going past and through the same areas, over and over again.

What do you guys think? Would you be happy with an open world Halo Ring for the entire campaign? Or do you want to go to other locations?

No clue since we know next to nothing about the story; but assuming based off of the game’s CE vibe, I’d say there’s a good chance of a mission or two being somewhere else. The story wouldn’t just end with Chief still stranded on a Halo ring, and it’s possible that it could start somewhere else as well.

I think we ought to get at least a few missions set on a Halo ring. Despite the franchise’s name, actual Halos have less of a presence in the franchise with each new game.

Having an open world game, where we can explore most or the entirety of a Halo ring, sounds cool on paper. But there’s no point in having so much space if there’s nothing to fill it, content wise. Sure, we could have a big forest section filled with trees, hills, and forerunner tunnels. But without enemy encounters, it would quickly become boring and forgettable after first exploration. And with a map that large, there’s no way 343 could make well designed and memorable encounters for every location.

A good comparison for this situation is Pokémon Gold and Silver. Specifically, the post game where you unlock the entire Kanto region. While it’s really cool that you have so much space to (re)explore, it’s just not nearly as fun since there’s not nearly as much to do as there was in Red and Blue. A lot of content in these games comes from battling the criminal teams. But since Team Rocket isn’t around anymore, as you dealt with them back in the main game in Johto, Kanto feels more barren when it comes to content.

The bottom line: It would be better for 343 to focus on quality over quantity. It would be better for Halo Infinite to have smaller spaces to allow for finely crafted events and encounters, rather than a Goliath-sized map that’s either filled with generic encounters, or nothing at all apart from the scenery.

If the story and gameplay are good enough then have it entirely be on the ring. I don’t feel like jumping around the universe justifies “halo”

It depends on the level of jumping. Halo 2 vs Halo 5: Guardians show examples of jumping around the place. Halo 2 proves and shows how to do multiple planets and locations correctly and making sense to the story. Whilst Halo 5: Guardians shows how multiple locations can be boring, tedious and repetitive

On the same location, the two best examples are Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3: ODST. Halo CE, although a great game, proves how the same location can become difficult to create different situations and outcomes whilst keeping the setting the same. Halo 3: ODST however shows how the same location can be done, whilst giving different options and solutions for the player to complete with day/night covert/open situations.

Regardless, a good story is still good even with bad locations. cough Halo 4 cough

Project Extinction: Player Driven Story
Where the last of us come to serve and die.

I’d be fine with it just being on the ring, I didn’t like how H5 jumped around so much

It would be cool if the game ended on the Halo ring, and fireteams were sent down to explore the rest of the ring. As in play the Single Player as Master Chief and later explore the ring with your multiplayer Spartan. This way 343 could add RPG elements into the game without severly effecting the story.

This could be used for Spartan Ops or Free Roam. Similiar but different to how Destiny is played. It would be cool too if your armor and attachments had different abilities or effects too (only in this mode).

> 2533274876601129;1:
> I know that there is a lot of rumours about what Halo Infinite will be or won’t be, but I hope that it is not all based on the one Halo Ring.
>
> I would love to see levels as big as Halo CE, with the upgraded graphics and gameplay, but I would like to see missions on the Infinity Ship, or the Ark, or another planet.
>
> I am sure an open Halo Ring would have lots to explore, but I don’t want a game where you have to go across the map to get to a mission, as I find this gets boring real quick.
>
> Not the travelling across the map, but the fact that you will be going past and through the same areas, over and over again.
>
> What do you guys think? Would you be happy with an open world Halo Ring for the entire campaign? Or do you want to go to other locations?

Probably mostly but I would imagine we will see some ship interiors and even new encampments on the ring. The Modular design of covie architecture lends an air of believablity to prefabricated bases being dropped on the ring. Also we don’t know what ring it is and all rings have many biomes so we could see some really crazy exterior locations and variety on a ring

The majority of the campaign will most likely be spent on Halo.There’ll probably be few missions that doesn’t take place on the ring.
I’m guessing that the few first mission won’t be on it.

I think an open world Halo with the game taking place on the entire ring would be great. Halo had so many mysteries, locked doors, and areas of the ring we never got to explore. Imagine being able to drive to a Covenant base, or go to a Covenant underwater structure, fly a Banshee/Falcon/Wasp/Hornet to a Covenant shipyard being built, after a battle you get a distress signal from a team that discovered an underground Forerunner weapon facility. We have to sometimes stop limiting ourselves with familiarity sometimes and think outside the box. Those rings are huge, there is so much you can do with that.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> If the story and gameplay are good enough then have it entirely be on the ring. I don’t feel like jumping around the universe justifies “halo”

My thoughts exactly. CE takes place entirely on Installation 04, aside from the first mission on the POA. Even Halo 3 didn’t change setting that much (just Earth and the Ark). Halo 5 went a completely different direction and had you jump around so much that you never got to enjoy where you were for that long (Kamchatka > Argent Moon > Meridian > Genesis > Sanghelios > Genesis > Domain > Genesis). I practically got the spins from how many setting changes happened.