Will Halo 6 be more Chief centric?

While Chief was a major player in the story in Halo 5: Guardians, Locke had far more screen time. However, there’s something in me that Halo 6 is going to have much more Chief screen time than Locke. While I do think we’ll play as Locke in the game, I do think Chief will have more missions than the Spartan IV. Do you think this will be the case?

I wasn’t too fussed, but there are a lot of fans who thought that chief didn’t get enough screen time.

343 will probably take this on board and make Halo 6 more like Halo 3 with Locke being a character that jumps in and out of the story, if he is even in the story at all.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> While Chief was a major player in the story in Halo 5: Guardians, Locke had far more screen time. However, there’s something in me that Halo 6 is going to have much more Chief screen time than Locke. While I do think we’ll play as Locke in the game, I do think Chief will have more missions than the Spartan IV. Do you think this will be the case?

Im more annoyed 343 made it out to be 50/50 in terms of Osiris and blue team. when in actuality it was 80% locke 20% chief. If the execution of the story was any good or just honest that this was 343 showing off their “original” characters I doubt I would have been annoyed going in.

My play through felt like a chore when I was Osiris. I didn’t buy the game to play as Locke, I got the game to satiate 14yrs of not seeing blue team visualized in game. Halo 5 story presentation was a disappointment for me in more ways then one. The only saving grace was seeing blue team for the small segments they’re in.

The biggest thing that needs to be done going into 6 is sorting out the narrative and fleshing out the characters, so it doesn’t come across as a Fan fiction about a team of Spartan IVs called Osiris, with a sprinkle of Blue team or MC to feed of nostalgia. Honestly if the multiply wasn’t so addictive I would be on fallout 4, not caring what happens with the franchise.

Give Locke a spin off a game like Luigi mansion. So fans can decide to buy into it and not feel disenfranchised with a discount MC replacement.

They better not pull a Halo 3. I can understand why people would want more Chief, and I believe there should have been at least one more level between Battle of Sunaion and Genesis which featured more Blue Team. That doesn’t mean they should push Osiris aside just because a few fans got upset over nonsense. This whole thing is just like Halo 2 when people complained about playing as the Arbiter. Halo 3 would have been a lot more interesting if the game switched to the Arbiter during missions where he was separated from the Chief but Bungie pushed him aside to appease Chief fanboys.

I know Chief is awesome but let’s not push Osiris aside. 343i can balance it out more in the next game but they shouldn’t remove them or make them minor characters.

> 2533274830366691;3:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > While Chief was a major player in the story in Halo 5: Guardians, Locke had far more screen time. However, there’s something in me that Halo 6 is going to have much more Chief screen time than Locke. While I do think we’ll play as Locke in the game, I do think Chief will have more missions than the Spartan IV. Do you think this will be the case?
>
>
> Im more annoyed 343 made it out to be 50/50 in terms of Osiris and blue team. when in actuality it was 80% locke 20% chief. If the execution of the story was any good or just honest that this was 343 showing off their “original” characters I doubt I would have been annoyed going in.
>
> My play through felt like a chore when I was Osiris. I didn’t buy the game to play as Locke, I got the game to satiate 14yrs of not seeing blue team visualized in game. Halo 5 story presentation was a disappointment for me in more ways then one. The only saving grace was seeing blue team for the small segments they’re in.
>
> The biggest thing that needs to be done going into 6 is sorting out the narrative and fleshing out the characters, so it doesn’t come across as a Fan fiction about a team of Spartan IVs called Osiris, with a sprinkle of Blue team or MC to feed of nostalgia. Honestly if the multiply wasn’t so addictive I would be on fallout 4, not caring what happens with the franchise.
>
> Give Locke a spin off a game like Luigi mansion. So fans can decide to buy into it and not feel disenfranchised with a discount MC replacement.

You pretty much summed up all my major issues. If the marketing had been more honest, I wouldn’t have been as bothered as I was, and still am. I went through the campaign going “this is pretty fun to play. Great set pieces. Can’t wait to do sruff like this as Chief along with Blue Team!”

Alas, corridors.

Another point though, is that they threw away the Blue Team reunion. First they put the actual reunion in a cheap looking, poorly written comic, with no weight put towards the fact it’s the first time in a decade Chief has seen the rest of Blue Team. Second, they make them out to be 20% of their on screen debut, and what little they have does not do enough to hammer home their relationship, or their expertise and experience. The fight between Locke and Chief felt like the writing staff was teying to show “look, our character can take on the main hero! He’s just as good. Forget about Chief now, OK? Only Locke.”

I’ve waited 10 years for Chief and Blue Team to be in a game, and Halo 5 did not do it justice.

Check out a thread and look at my reply in it to see what I want done with Halo 6 and Osiris.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-6-campaign-speculation-spoilers-likely/e08557b8-bd06-420c-b88f-abe0aa3854db/posts?page=1#post18But anyways its not about pushing Osiris aside, its about pushing Chief aside, which is what they did in this.
I think 5 & 6 should be like 2 & 3, introduce the new characters then add them to the story as a main character but have the original main character be used most. If you read that thread and go to my reply you’ll see exactly what I think/want to happen with Osiris, despite whatever story happens.
Also, a bit radical here but anyone who wants Locke more than Chief is not a true Halo fan… CHIEF IS HALO!

> 2535416206724706;6:
> Check out a thread and look at my reply in it to see what I want done with Halo 6 and Osiris.
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-6-campaign-speculation-spoilers-likely/e08557b8-bd06-420c-b88f-abe0aa3854db/posts?page=1#post18
> But anyways its not about pushing Osiris aside, its about pushing Chief aside, which is what they did in this.
> I think 5 & 6 should be like 2 & 3, introduce the new characters then add them to the story as a main character but have the original main character be used most. If you read that thread and go to my reply you’ll see exactly what I think/want to happen with Osiris, despite whatever story happens.
> Also, a bit radical here but anyone who wants Locke more than Chief is not a true Halo fan… CHIEF IS HALO!

I very much agree Chief is halo… Chief is life.

Halo doesn’t need Chief to be Halo, otherwise half of the games wouldn’t exist (Wars, Reach, ODST, and the 2 Spartan games). Story is what makes Halo. Unfortunately, the average gamer has to do some digging to understand the whole story. For example: Bungie made Halo 2 and Contact Harvest, but a bulk of Halo 2 makes more sense when you’ve read that book. Truth didn’t fire upon Regret’s temple for his failure at Earth, he was tying up loose ends.

> 2533274934264802;8:
> Halo doesn’t need Chief to be Halo, otherwise half of the games wouldn’t exist (Wars, Reach, ODST, and the 2 Spartan games). Story is what makes Halo. Unfortunately, the average gamer has to do some digging to understand the whole story. For example: Bungie made Halo 2 and Contact Harvest, but a bulk of Halo 2 makes more sense when you’ve read that book. Truth didn’t fire upon Regret’s temple for his failure at Earth, he was tying up loose ends.

Most people’s issue with the H5 campaign is not about bot understanding the lore or motivations, but the various narrative problems the story itself has, and how misleading the marketing was in terms of what kind of story the game was going to tell.

Edit:That⤴

I hope not, I personally like Locke more than chief.

I <3 Locke, but I would have liked a lil more chief love

I really hope it is centered around the chief and i would like to see a traditional halo experience with chief on his own
Just an idea what if at the beginning of the game he got separated from blue team or whoever hes with and the more people play in co op the more people get separated with the chief so it wouldnt totally scrap the fireteam idea

> 2533274830366691;3:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > While Chief was a major player in the story in Halo 5: Guardians, Locke had far more screen time. However, there’s something in me that Halo 6 is going to have much more Chief screen time than Locke. While I do think we’ll play as Locke in the game, I do think Chief will have more missions than the Spartan IV. Do you think this will be the case?
>
>
> Im more annoyed 343 made it out to be 50/50 in terms of Osiris and blue team. when in actuality it was 80% locke 20% chief. If the execution of the story was any good or just honest that this was 343 showing off their “original” characters I doubt I would have been annoyed going in.
>
> My play through felt like a chore when I was Osiris. I didn’t buy the game to play as Locke, I got the game to satiate 14yrs of not seeing blue team visualized in game. Halo 5 story presentation was a disappointment for me in more ways then one. The only saving grace was seeing blue team for the small segments they’re in.
>
> The biggest thing that needs to be done going into 6 is sorting out the narrative and fleshing out the characters, so it doesn’t come across as a Fan fiction about a team of Spartan IVs called Osiris, with a sprinkle of Blue team or MC to feed of nostalgia. Honestly if the multiply wasn’t so addictive I would be on fallout 4, not caring what happens with the franchise.
>
> Give Locke a spin off a game like Luigi mansion. So fans can decide to buy into it and not feel disenfranchised with a discount MC replacement.

This is great. Locke and Osiris should have been a Halo Reach type game, bring them in separate from Chief and Blue Team and let them have their own story line separate from blue Team.

I hope so. I enjoyed the playing Locke, but the Master Chief is the classic hero of the Halo series.

Kinda happy Osiris was most of halo 5. It allowed for more character development. We already know much about blue team and master chief. Plus what would you do as blue team? The promethean didn’t start fighting them until warden saw them

It’s been several months since this game was released, and I still feel pretty much the same then as I do now. This game needed more Blue Team! Their story is much more interesting, and Master Chief is the main character! Locke and his team have story B, and yet it was given A treatment.

What bothers me the most is that I see this game as a ploy to replace Master Chief in favor of Locke. While Locke is a fine character, he isn’t really that interesting by comparison. I think he’s more suited for a spin-off series. I hope 343 see’s that they’ve made a lot of gamers mad by seemingly manipulate it’s fanbase. The problem here is that there is no practical reason to replace Master Chief, unless there is some kind of intellectual property dispute with the character. If that is the case, I’d rather they simply tell us rather than try to force us through a manipulative story which makes Locke a hero to the Master Chief.

There is also a practical narrative reason why there should be more Blue Team. By the time Osiris has caught up with Blue Team, they’ve pretty much been doing nothing since the last time we saw them. There should have been one more mission in the second half of the game to let us know what Blue Team has been doing that whole time. Were they having a picnic? Sleeping? Walking around enjoying the views? Who knows.

> 2533274809041945;5:
> > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > 2533274840469109;1:
> > > While Chief was a major player in the story in Halo 5: Guardians, Locke had far more screen time. However, there’s something in me that Halo 6 is going to have much more Chief screen time than Locke. While I do think we’ll play as Locke in the game, I do think Chief will have more missions than the Spartan IV. Do you think this will be the case?
> >
> >
> > Im more annoyed 343 made it out to be 50/50 in terms of Osiris and blue team. when in actuality it was 80% locke 20% chief. If the execution of the story was any good or just honest that this was 343 showing off their “original” characters I doubt I would have been annoyed going in.
> >
> > My play through felt like a chore when I was Osiris. I didn’t buy the game to play as Locke, I got the game to satiate 14yrs of not seeing blue team visualized in game. Halo 5 story presentation was a disappointment for me in more ways then one. The only saving grace was seeing blue team for the small segments they’re in.
> >
> > The biggest thing that needs to be done going into 6 is sorting out the narrative and fleshing out the characters, so it doesn’t come across as a Fan fiction about a team of Spartan IVs called Osiris, with a sprinkle of Blue team or MC to feed of nostalgia. Honestly if the multiply wasn’t so addictive I would be on fallout 4, not caring what happens with the franchise.
> >
> > Give Locke a spin off a game like Luigi mansion. So fans can decide to buy into it and not feel disenfranchised with a discount MC replacement.
>
>
> You pretty much summed up all my major issues. If the marketing had been more honest, I wouldn’t have been as bothered as I was, and still am. I went through the campaign going “this is pretty fun to play. Great set pieces. Can’t wait to do sruff like this as Chief along with Blue Team!”
>
> Alas, corridors.
>
> Another point though, is that they threw away the Blue Team reunion. First they put the actual reunion in a cheap looking, poorly written comic, with no weight put towards the fact it’s the first time in a decade Chief has seen the rest of Blue Team. Second, they make them out to be 20% of their on screen debut, and what little they have does not do enough to hammer home their relationship, or their expertise and experience. The fight between Locke and Chief felt like the writing staff was teying to show “look, our character can take on the main hero! He’s just as good. Forget about Chief now, OK? Only Locke.”
>
> I’ve waited 10 years for Chief and Blue Team to be in a game, and Halo 5 did not do it justice.

Basically all of this.

It still sickens me how much 343i lied to us - and knowingly did so just to make a sale. And even now they still refuse to talk about the campaign, let alone admit they did wrong. Which unfortunately gives me very little hope for ‘Halo 6’.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> While Chief was a major player in the story in Halo 5: Guardians, Locke had far more screen time. However, there’s something in me that Halo 6 is going to have much more Chief screen time than Locke. While I do think we’ll play as Locke in the game, I do think Chief will have more missions than the Spartan IV. Do you think this will be the case?

I hope so. Chief had three missions in guardians. Halo 5 was heavily misadvertised.