Will halo 5 survive until halo 6?

With the possibility of not getting another content update (not including the 4k upgrade and the h3a playlist) even though they specifically said that there will be two more updates and we got one of them months ago, what’s the possibility of h5g surviving another year or two? Yeah we have halo wars 2, but that’s not an actual halo game. I don’t know about you guys but besides practicing for the halo 5 Microsoft store tournament and playing a couple of games in h3a playlist what else can halo 5 do to survive. The weekly playlist rotation can only last for so long. So, cam halo 5 survive?

Edit: Guys, when I say that halo wars 2 is not a real halo game I’m talking about the genre. Since halo is mainly an FPS game and since wars is an RTS game I don’t consider it a “real” halo game.

I’m confident that Halo 5 will be supported for as long as it possibly can. I won’t stop playing it until Halo 6 comes out.

What are you talking about HW2 isn’t an actual halo game. It’s made by 343 and its canon and all that jazz, it just different in that its an RTS and not FPS.

However that said I think Halo 5 will survive until Halo 6. Yes HW2 is the latest game, but its got a completely different play style than that of H5. Since 5 is the most recent FPS in the series people will stick with it until H6 comes out.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I’m confident that Halo 5 will be supported for as long as it possibly can. I won’t stop playing it until Halo 6 comes out.

Regarding the content updates, do you think would it be a good idea to just ask them outright?

It could be that we’ve misunderstood what they meant regarding the amount of updates left, as we’ve had very little news about anymore forthcoming content.

> 2533274980558695;3:
> What are you talking about HW2 isn’t an actual halo game. It’s made by 343 and its canon and all that jazz, it just different in that its an RTS and not FPS.
>
> However that said I think Halo 5 will survive until Halo 6. Yes HW2 is the latest game, but its got a completely different play style than that of H5. Since 5 is the most recent FPS in the series people will stick with it until H6 comes out.

Actual halo game as in it’s, like you said, an RTS and not an FPS wich halo’s main genre

Why wouldn’t it survive it’s still Halo. Halo always has a decent player base long after each game. Heck there are still people playing H4 and Reach believe it or not. And while I have checked I bet you may find some still playing H3.

> 2533274974695300;1:
> With the possibility of not getting another content update (not including the 4k upgrade and the h3a playlist) even though they specifically said that there will be two more updates and we got one of them months ago, what’s the possibility of h5g surviving another year or two? Yeah we have halo wars 2, but that’s not an actual halo game. I don’t know about you guys but besides practicing for the halo 5 Microsoft store tournament and playing a couple of games in h3a playlist what else can halo 5 do to survive. The weekly playlist rotation can only last for so long. So, cam halo 5 survive?

Halo wars 2 IS an actual halo game,but with the release of destiny 2,cod ww2,and battlefront 2,halo 5 will go even further down the most played list and will become a ghost town imo

> 2533274816788253;6:
> Why wouldn’t it survive it’s still Halo. Halo always has a decent player base long after each game. Heck there are still people playing H4 and Reach believe it or not. And while I have checked I bet you may find some still playing H3.

Of course it’s gonna survive,but without a population counter and the release of destiny 2,cod ww2,and battlefront 2,halo 5’s population will whither even more

> 2533274830166194;8:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > Why wouldn’t it survive it’s still Halo. Halo always has a decent player base long after each game. Heck there are still people playing H4 and Reach believe it or not. And while I have checked I bet you may find some still playing H3.
>
> Of course it’s gonna survive,but without a population counter and the release of destiny 2,cod ww2,and battlefront 2,halo 5’s population will whither even more

Unlikely since those games play differently than Halo. Pretty much every game release people say Halo will die because of this and it never happens.

Depends on what you think surviving is. The population will drop some, but as long as people can find a game then the game will survive.

> 2533274830166194;7:
> > 2533274974695300;1:
> > With the possibility of not getting another content update (not including the 4k upgrade and the h3a playlist) even though they specifically said that there will be two more updates and we got one of them months ago, what’s the possibility of h5g surviving another year or two? Yeah we have halo wars 2, but that’s not an actual halo game. I don’t know about you guys but besides practicing for the halo 5 Microsoft store tournament and playing a couple of games in h3a playlist what else can halo 5 do to survive. The weekly playlist rotation can only last for so long. So, cam halo 5 survive?
>
> Halo wars 2 IS an actual halo game,but with the release of destiny 2,cod ww2,and battlefront 2,halo 5 will go even further down the most played list and will become a ghost town imo

By actual halo game I’m talking about the genre

I have noticed a drop in matching times since we got practically nothing Halo 5 related at E3. You can see the drop in ranked playlists, getting gold and onyx layers in the same game much more often now. I personally will continue playing until halo 6 and I hope many more people continue as well. I play every day and still hope to hit at least 151 :slight_smile: These double xp weekends are helping that

It will survive but ranking will become inaccurate. As long as I can find BTB and Warzone games I’ll play occasionally.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> > 2533274830166194;8:
> > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > Why wouldn’t it survive it’s still Halo. Halo always has a decent player base long after each game. Heck there are still people playing H4 and Reach believe it or not. And while I have checked I bet you may find some still playing H3.
> >
> > Of course it’s gonna survive,but without a population counter and the release of destiny 2,cod ww2,and battlefront 2,halo 5’s population will whither even more
>
> Unlikely since those games play differently than Halo. Pretty much every game release people say Halo will die because of this and it never happens.

Destiny is a fps,cod is a fps,and battlefront is a third person shooter and the path halo has been going down has made these games play a lot more like each other then you may think

I am pretty sure people would be playing Halo 5 still when Halo 6 comes out. Reach is still being played to this day still and it’s already almost 6 years old.

I honestly don’t believe so. Many people such as myself are just playing Halo 5 till the older games are bwc then we’re “jumping ship” for what we consider better installments of the franchise. When H3 comes to BWC Halo 5 will lose whatever classic players are left, and when Halo 4 comes out, Halo 5 will lose those fans too. So yeah I’m pretty sure Halo 5 will be pretty dead before Halo 6 releases.

I’m not sure, but halo 5 has to add content to survive

> 2535409489305717;15:
> I am pretty sure people would be playing Halo 5 still when Halo 6 comes out. Reach is still being played to this day still and it’s already almost 6 years old.

Minor nitpick: Halo Reach turned 6 in September last year

i think so. if ur bored try action sack…always good for a few laughs

Feel free to use the population thread.