Will Halo 5 launch Custom Games day one?

Myself and some friends are wanting to set up a tournament for the midnight release. My question is, will we be able to set Custom Games up the night of release?

If it’s been posted somewhere, I apologize. I’ve tried looking, but haven’t found anything about it yet.

Thanks!

Yes but there will be 0 splitscreen and Halo 5 will ship with a stripped Custom Games mode. Even moreso than Halo 4. They plan to add more stuff in after launch but there you go. Forge also won’t be in at launch.

> 2533274901464624;2:
>

Thank you for the response!
I’m not questioning, but has there been anything official from 343 saying this?

Thanks again!

> 2533274853111969;3:
> > 2533274901464624;2:
> >
>
>
> Thank you for the response!
> I’m not questioning, but has there been anything official from 343 saying this?
>
> Thanks again!

Yes but the announcements are scattered around posts and press releases and I really can’t be -Yoinked!- to round them all up for you. Just look it all up on Google, man. Use Google News search for even better results.

> 2533274901464624;2:
> Yes but there will be 0 splitscreen and Halo 5 will ship with a stripped Custom Games mode. Even moreso than Halo 4. They plan to add more stuff in after launch but there you go. Forge also won’t be in at launch.

Splitscreen and Forge, that is true. However, there is no information whatsoever as to what Custom Games will be like and saying they’ll be worse than Halo 4 without any backup to your claim is an immense disservice to the OP.

Custom games will be like any other halo, but in this you can disable thrusters,ground pound,climbing and sprint for a more normal halo experience, but THATS JUST USEFUL for forge maps considering the new maps are made for those abilities, it’s just that we won’'t be able to utilize the full power of custom games because forge isn’t coming until december

> 2533274876631466;5:
> > 2533274901464624;2:
> > Yes but there will be 0 splitscreen and Halo 5 will ship with a stripped Custom Games mode. Even moreso than Halo 4. They plan to add more stuff in after launch but there you go. Forge also won’t be in at launch.
>
>
> Splitscreen and Forge, that is true. However, there is no information whatsoever as to what Custom Games will be like and saying they’ll be worse than Halo 4 without any backup to your claim is an immense disservice to the OP.

Lesser normal MP maps than other games before it, only 4, count 'em, four gametypes at launch with 343 sounding like they’re reluctant to put the original full set in, plus very recent news that the Warzone special items like the ONI Warthog and the Longshot AR will not be available to Forge mode and Arena (Custom Games) ever, AND the fact that you can still only play as a Spartan and nothing else AND no split-screen, yeah, I’d say it’s beginning to look pretty ****ing stripped.

Really, except for Forge mode and Campaign, all I’ve been seeing lately is just stripped offline feature after stripped offline feature, and I’m seeing less and less reason to shell out $60 for this at launch. Maybe if they lowered the price it would be fine. And this is made even MORE ridiculous by the fact that a HUGE outcry was made about Halo 4’s lacking Custom Games options. There was a massive thread about it. So how does 343 respond? By selling us an even less featured offline suite while dedicating way too much of their resources working on Warzone. ONE gametype. And it is just a singular gametype in the end that, on top of everything, can only be played online, I don’t care how big the maps are or how many players or AI or whatever are in it.