Will Halo 5 have a new engine?

I know this isn’t strictly Halo 4 related but there is no Halo 5 forum. Do you think they will rebuild the engine like Bungie has always done for the next game? I really hope they do rather than take the CoD route and reuse the same engine for every game. It gives each Halo a uniqueness. They all play and look differently. That being said, I don’t think they will. 343 seems to be doing everything a bit more…monetarily.

Explain to me what you actually know about engines and how they work.

> Explain to me what you actually know about engines and how they work.

For what purpose?

Alright would anyone who isn’t a condescending -Yoink- like to add constructively to this conversation?

> Explain to me what you actually know about engines and how they work.

The game engine is what make game play, how it plays, the way it plays,

> > Explain to me what you actually know about engines and how they work.
>
> The game engine is what make game play, how it plays, the way it plays,

and no, its going to be recycled, because 343i is lazy, as they were lazy with Halo 4

The game engine .

I wouldn’t know how to explain it, but there’s no need to. Everyone knows what it
is.

But I think it’s likely Halo 5 will use the same engine.

But that depends it will it launch on the 360 or 720.

And that all depends when the Xbox 720 will release.

I doubt they’ll use a new one but they’ll likely upgrade the current one as much as possible. I’d like to see an overhaul, to be honest. Strip out as much as possible and rebuild from the ground up, particularly taking into account new features and so on to appropriately cater the engine to the game as much as possible.

Particular areas of improvement would seem to be in the netcode/multiplayer side of things, and the graphics in multiplayer. It is probably mainly down to the outdated Xbox hardware, but things like textures not appearing properly at a distance are quite bad in H4 MP. I’ve heard such problems are considerably worse in split screen.

> I know this isn’t strictly Halo 4 related but there is no Halo 5 forum. Do you think they will rebuild the engine like Bungie has always done for the next game? I really hope they do rather than take the CoD route and reuse the same engine for every game. It gives each Halo a uniqueness. They all play and look differently. That being said, I don’t think they will. 343 seems to be doing everything a bit more…monetarily.

Why would you want a new graphics engine when the engine used in HALO 4 is simply perfect. Are you one of the people who creates new stuff and make that stuff obsolete after a year or 2? that just plain dumb

Please do note too that COD has alot of stuffs inside it. from players with guns to killstreaks… COD eats alot of memory, to compensate for that they use the same graphics engine. A lot of cod players complains of their game freezing up. Reason for that is because it eats alot of memory (processor and ram)

Where as HALO 4 you dont have any killstreaks… Do you even see a player use a pelican ingame? no right? only guns and warthogs and mantis and banshee and ghost and scorpion. not every map has the same vehicles as well. I am still amaze that with this graphics, 343i managed to run it in all xbox 360 consoles. from arcade to slim. Though there are some said freezes?

> I doubt they’ll use a new one but they’ll likely upgrade the current one as much as possible. I’d like to see an overhaul, to be honest. Strip out as much as possible and rebuild from the ground up, particularly taking into account new features and so on to appropriately cater the engine to the game as much as possible.
>
> Particular areas of improvement would seem to be in the netcode/multiplayer side of things, and the graphics in multiplayer. It is probably mainly down to the outdated Xbox hardware, but things like textures not appearing properly at a distance are quite bad in H4 MP. I’ve heard such problems are considerably worse in split screen.

If they do change HALO 5 engine, and it comes out with 720 next year, then it would be a whole new level, though it will not be compatible with arcade version. BUT if they make a separate HALO 5 game for separate consoles then problem solve.

> The game engine .
>
> I wouldn’t know how to explain it, but there’s no need to. Everyone knows what it
> is.
>
> But I think it’s likely Halo 5 will use the same engine.
>
> But that depends it will it launch on the 360 or 720.
>
> And that all depends when the Xbox 720 will release.

Microsoft already confirmed that they intend to release it december next year. debuting it at E3 or a separate event

Since everyone is starting a fight i’ll just answer you.

halo 5 is being developed for the next gen xbox

> Since everyone is starting a fight i’ll just answer you.
>
> halo 5 is being developed for the next gen xbox

This. Yes, Halo 5 will have a new engine that will try and show off what the neXtBox can do. If MS continues trying to convince us Kinect is worthwhile, be prepared to see some added functionality…hopefully optional.

> > Since everyone is starting a fight i’ll just answer you.
> >
> > halo 5 is being developed for the next gen xbox
>
> This. Yes, Halo 5 will have a new engine that will try and show off what the neXtBox can do. If MS continues trying to convince us Kinect is worthwhile, be prepared to see some added functionality…hopefully optional.

They cant just make it Exclusive… What about the Slim and Arcade owners. They’ll be left out. Probably they will make 2 separate versions. One for 720 one for 360

The next-gen xbox will feature some pretty hardcore components, simply re-using the Halo reach/4 engine and modifying would not leave anyone impressed.

They’ll make a new engine, i’m sure of it.

Why not make the best of Halo 5’s visuals when you have the chance?

PS: Don’t worry about the haters OP, they’ll hate because of one game that has flaws.

I’m sure Halo 5 will be a fantastic topper.

> > > Since everyone is starting a fight i’ll just answer you.
> > >
> > > halo 5 is being developed for the next gen xbox
> >
> > This. Yes, Halo 5 will have a new engine that will try and show off what the neXtBox can do. If MS continues trying to convince us Kinect is worthwhile, be prepared to see some added functionality…hopefully optional.
>
> They cant just make it Exclusive… What about the Slim and Arcade owners. They’ll be left out. Probably they will make 2 separate versions. One for 720 one for 360

Doubt it. not a good marketting strat. there.

Xbox seven hundred and twenty who gives a -Yoink- will launch and game prices will rise by $20 and Halo 5 will be the tool that sells it to the consumers

> > They cant just make it Exclusive… What about the Slim and Arcade owners. They’ll be left out. Probably they will make 2 separate versions. One for 720 one for 360
>
> Doubt it. not a good marketting strat. there.
>
> Xbox seven hundred and twenty who gives a -Yoink!- will launch and game prices will rise by $20 and Halo 5 will be the tool that sells it to the consumers

Heard it has a pretty badass spec. You made a good point… I for sure getting the new xbox. But let’s see what happens when next year arrives

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not attempt to purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > They cant just make it Exclusive… What about the Slim and Arcade owners. They’ll be left out. Probably they will make 2 separate versions. One for 720 one for 360
>
> Doubt it. not a good marketting strat. there.
>
> Xbox seven hundred and twenty who gives a -Yoink!- will launch and game prices will rise by $20 and Halo 5 will be the tool that sells it to the consumers

Heard it has a pretty bad@$$ spec. You made a good point… I for sure getting the new xbox. But let’s see what happens when next year arrives

> The next-gen xbox will feature some pretty hardcore components, simply re-using the Halo reach/4 engine and modifying would not leave anyone impressed.
>
> They’ll make a new engine, i’m sure of it.

Of course they will.

> > > > > Since everyone is starting a fight i’ll just answer you.
> > > > >
> > > > > halo 5 is being developed for the next gen xbox
> > > >
> > > > This. Yes, Halo 5 will have a new engine that will try and show off what the neXtBox can do. If MS continues trying to convince us Kinect is worthwhile, be prepared to see some added functionality…hopefully optional.
> > >
> > > They cant just make it Exclusive… What about the Slim and Arcade owners. They’ll be left out. Probably they will make 2 separate versions. One for 720 one for 360
> >
> > Doubt it. not a good marketting strat. there.
> >
> > Xbox seven hundred and twenty who gives a -Yoink!- will launch and game prices will rise by $20 and Halo 5 will be the tool that sells it to the consumers
>
> Heard it has a pretty bad@$$ spec. You made a good point… I for sure getting the new xbox. But let’s see what happens when next year arrives

I fear it is going to be dreadfully expensive.

> > Explain to me what you actually know about engines and how they work.
>
> For what purpose?

To give the Covenant back their engine!