Will Halo 5 be the worst Halo ever?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

With recent news of Halo 5 being bad like no split screen coop or LAN support and the community being enraged and how they hate 343, will Halo 5 be the worst Halo game of all time?

Uhh… no. Not at all.

In fact, just about everything else is showing Halo 5 to be shaping up to be one of the best, especially in its campaign.

Far from worst halo. The story is building up to be one of the greatest stories a video game could offer. As for the split screen and lan, as much as I loved the two, don’t think that will have any say on the greatness of this game. Hyped for it.

No. If you ask someone that cares about for MP only

But for me that plays tons of Co op it is indeed the worse

Nope cause a lot of people love halo 5 from what I’ve seen its the best halo of all time :smiley:

> 2533274885147724;1:
> With recent news of Halo 5 being bad like no split screen coop or LAN support and the community being enraged and how they hate 343, will Halo 5 be the worst Halo game of all time?

I’m thinking it may very well be the best. Maybe… It’s possible…

> 2533274885147724;1:
> With recent news of Halo 5 being bad like no split screen coop or LAN support and the community being enraged and how they hate 343, will Halo 5 be the worst Halo game of all time?

As for multiplayer it does seem like one of the worst, the beta was pretty bad.
As for campaign it might be pretty decent but hard to tell since haven’t played the campaign yet.

Nope! :slight_smile:

IMO, the campaign is shaping up to be a very intriguing story with epic looking encounters; plus there’s the introduction of new mechanics that appear to fit well within the squad aspect of the game’s campaign mode. I’m pretty stoked; however, losing local 2-player co-op as an offline mode does suck but losing that doesn’t cause the game to become considered crap – that’s just thinking stupid.

The multiplayer is also shaping up to be fantastic looking. I love that 343i have focused their attention on Halo’s roots with the Arena and it’s geared toward people’s fix for balanced competitive play (CSR, no JIP, and not influenced by REQ packs). I personally am hoping to see these gamemodes or playlists in the Arena: HCS, Slayer, Breakout, CTF, Ricochet, Strongholds, SWAT, Snipers, Grifball, Doubles, and Lone Wolf. Then they went and announced a brand new epic multiplayer gamemode (Warzone) that’ll feature teams of 12v12 on incredibly large maps and include PvE battles along with PvP; how can you not be stoked about that? They’ve explained in pretty good detail that the energy level system used toward unlocking power weapons will prohibit purchasers of REQ packs from having a noticeable competitive advantage verses those who simply earn their REQ packs through playing the game; I’m really glad about that as I didn’t plan to buy any REQ packs. I was really excited to hear that they plan to have BTB as a playlist eventually too; hoping sooner rather than later and with game modes like: Slayer, Regicide, SWAT, Dominion, CTF, KotH, Extraction, and possibly Conversion and Oddball too in order to attract some people away from Warzone. I expect that there will also be a Flood playlist and hopefully a couple rotational playlists which will include some of my favorite “kill-some-time-in” gamemodes such as Multi-Team, Action Sack, and Team Regicide as well as many others.

I imagine Halo 5’s forge will be a much bigger and better step-up from the MCC and hopefully will include everything from past Forges too. Also, I’m looking forward to a couple epic Forge World-like maps.

Sure there are some who are going to be disappointed that they’re not getting everything that they wanted in Halo 5, but there’s way to much stuff to be excited about to waste your time whining and -Yoinking!- that Halo 5 is going to be “crap” or another 343i failure.

No, the campaign looks really good

> 2775209234672000;9:
> IMO, the campaign is shaping up to be a very intriguing story with epic looking encounters; plus there’s the introduction of new mechanics that appear to fit well within the squad aspect of the game’s campaign mode. I’m pretty stoked; however, losing local 2-player co-op as an offline mode does suck but losing that doesn’t cause the game to become considered crap – that’s just thinking stupid.
>
> The multiplayer is also shaping up to be fantastic looking. I love that 343i have focused their attention on Halo’s roots with the Arena and it’s geared toward people’s fix for balanced competitive play (CSR, no JIP, and not influenced by REQ packs). I personally am hoping to see these gamemodes or playlists in the Arena: HCS, Slayer, Breakout, CTF, Ricochet, Strongholds, SWAT, Snipers, Grifball, Doubles, and Lone Wolf. Then they went and announced a brand new epic multiplayer gamemode (Warzone) that’ll feature teams of 12v12 on incredibly large maps and include PvE battles along with PvP; how can you not be stoked about that? They’ve explained in pretty good detail that the energy level system used toward unlocking power weapons will prohibit purchasers of REQ packs from having a noticeable competitive advantage verses those who simply earn their REQ packs through playing the game; I’m really glad about that as I didn’t plan to buy any REQ packs. I was really excited to hear that they plan to have BTB as a playlist eventually too; hoping sooner rather than later and with game modes like: Slayer, Regicide, SWAT, Dominion, CTF, KotH, Extraction, and possibly Conversion and Oddball too in order to attract some people away from Warzone. I expect that there will also be a Flood playlist and hopefully a couple rotational playlists which will include some of my favorite “kill-some-time-in” gamemodes such as Multi-Team, Action Sack, and Team Regicide as well as many others.
>
> I imagine Halo 5’s forge will be a much bigger and better step-up from the MCC and hopefully will include everything from past Forges too. Also, I’m looking forward to a couple epic Forge World-like maps.
>
> Sure there are some who are going to be disappointed that they’re not getting everything that they wanted in Halo 5, but there’s way to much stuff to be excited about to waste your time whining and -Yoinking!- that Halo 5 is going to be “crap” or another 343i failure.

Firstly graphics aren’t everything, at the cost of things like splt-screen. We know very little about Forge at the moment and there’s no guarantee that all the features from past Halo’s be included, with 343i’s track record I wouldn’t be surprised if they took more content away from that core game. 343i as a company is not the reason to blame for poor game design but the people they hire since 343i is just a brand name.

Maybe quantity-wise, but definitely not quality-wise. Halo 4 is definitely the worst game in the series by far, quality-wise.

> 2533274873267862;12:
> Maybe quantity-wise, but definitely not quality-wise. Halo 4 is definitely the worst game in the series by far, quality-wise.

Yes Halo 4 was one of the worst, it’s the only game I refuse to go near in the Halo MCC.

No. It’s pretty much impossible to make a Halo game that would be worse than H4.

H5 seems to be in a pretty heated race with Reach for second worst though.

> 2535454922044856;14:
> No. It’s pretty much impossible to make a Halo game that would be worse than H4.
>
> H5 seems to be in a pretty heated race with Reach for second worst though.

Hard to tell but Halo 5 does kind of look like a Halo 4.5 so I guess Reach is probably slightly better.

No, not at all. I think it is shaping up to be one of the greatest stories yet to be told in the universe. I can’t wait for Halo 5!

Not to me it’s not.

The campaign looks to be very interesting and from what we saw very story driven. The weapons are all very polished and for the first time the AR works like rifle it was always supposed to be. The multiplayer looks very snazzy what with the arena for all the competitive types and Warzone for people like me who like a bit more variety.

Honestly I haven’t been this excited for a Halo game since I saw a certain trailer that started out with the words “You are, all of you, vermin…”

> 2533274881042784;4:
> No. If you ask someone that cares about for MP only
>
> But for me that plays tons of Co op it is indeed the worse

As a MP only guy, I’d say “almost yes”.
Worst will probably remain to be Halo 4, but Halo 5 will be next in line.

No, it won’t.

> 2717573882290994;18:
> > 2533274881042784;4:
> > No. If you ask someone that cares about for MP only
> >
> > But for me that plays tons of Co op it is indeed the worse
>
>
> As a MP only guy, I’d say “almost yes”.
> Worst will probably remain to be Halo 4, but Halo 5 will be next in line.

Sadly true, at moment I’m not sure which is worse…Halo 4 or 5 since they seem very similar.