Will Halo 5 Be Like Call of Duty Advance Warfare?

Oh boy… am I excited for Halo 5… I pre ordered Halo 5 instead of Black Ops 3 because I am scared CoD Bo3 would be like CoD AW. I was a CoD player but no I am not. There is a problem I am really scared of… In CoD… when you play on an CoD… and btw, I am Asian, not many people have Xbox in Asia. CoD has a server in asia which takes about 40 minutes to find a match which sucks. The reason is because CoD find the best connection for us… and not even a single person where playing CoD in Asia… it has good conections but it takes for ever to find a match in Asia. Screw it… lets get to the point… do I have to wait as long as CoD AW to find a single match in Halo 5… I am so scared… I was 60 bucks and I will be unable to even find a single match…
Please answer my questions

1. ( Do I have to wait a long time to find a match in Halo 5 because I am just living in Asia?)
  2. If I am Asian… Will I be able to find a match and join a US lobby?
  3. What is “Dedicated Server” and how does it effect Halo internet connection?
    4, Am I able to join a US lobby?

It looks like they have Dedicated Servers in Hong Kong & Singapore, and that article is about 4 years old, so there could be more by now.

Either way, I’m glad you went with Halo 5 over Black Ops. I played the beta and it was fantastic.

Not sure if you’ll get US lobbies or not. I live in the US (Ohio) and I mostly get people from Central America and Europe, but it may be different on the West Coast.

> 2533274883669557;2:
> It looks like they have Dedicated Servers in Hong Kong & Singapore, and that article is about 4 years old, so there could be more by now.
>
> Either way, I’m glad you went with Halo 5 over Black Ops. I played the beta and it was fantastic.
>
> Not sure if you’ll get US lobbies or not. I live in the US (Ohio) and I mostly get people from Central America and Europe, but it may be different on the West Coast.

Thanks but I am still wondering… I am from Thailand and I am still wondering… do I have to wait 40 minutes to find a match?

> 2535423555972160;3:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > It looks like they have Dedicated Servers in Hong Kong & Singapore, and that article is about 4 years old, so there could be more by now.
> >
> > Either way, I’m glad you went with Halo 5 over Black Ops. I played the beta and it was fantastic.
> >
> > Not sure if you’ll get US lobbies or not. I live in the US (Ohio) and I mostly get people from Central America and Europe, but it may be different on the West Coast.
>
>
> Thanks but I am still wondering… I am from Thailand and I am still wondering… do I have to wait 40 minutes to find a match?

I hope not, but I can’t say for sure.

lol I know what you were thinking after reading the title.

Well in the Master Chief Collection people outside of the USA could have huge problems. Australians for example. Not sure how that will be in Halo 5, so maybe its the best to wait till its out and then ask other Asians.

Most misleading title ever.

> 2533274818521550;5:
> lol I know what you were thinking after reading the title.
>
> Well in the Master Chief Collection people outside of the USA could have huge problems. Australians for example. Not sure how that will be in Halo 5, so maybe its the best to wait till its out and then ask other Asians.

lol, right. Not what I was expecting to find in here.

The MCC doesn’t run on Dedicated Servers, though. I’ve heard people say it does, but I play the damn thing all the time, and I can tell you that no. Nope nope nope. I’ve maybe played a handful of matches that were on dedis, but for the most part, it’s obviously on a P2P connection.

So I’m not sure if that’s a good comparison.

If he was playing CoD AW on an Xbox One and was waiting 40 minutes, there’s a good possibility Halo 5 would be using the same servers. Unless CoD uses different servers … I really don’t know how it works. I’m assuming that with Xbox LIVE and PSN, regardless of what game you’re playing, you’re using either Microsoft or Sony servers.

Halo 5 will have server selection, so you should be able to find something that works for your connection :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;8:
> Halo 5 will have server selection, so you should be able to find something that works for your connection :slight_smile:

Really? Wow. I didn’t know that. That’s pretty slick.

The title scared me.

They can do whatever they feel like but please, don’t add join in progress please.

> 2533274813317074;8:
> Halo 5 will have server selection, so you should be able to find something that works for your connection :slight_smile:

What do you mean? Do you mean when you choose a lobby by yourself like in Battlefield 4? If it is… that would be great!

> 2533274883669557;9:
> > 2533274813317074;8:
> > Halo 5 will have server selection, so you should be able to find something that works for your connection :slight_smile:
>
>
> Really? Wow. I didn’t know that. That’s pretty slick.

Yeah!!!

> 2533274949606723;10:
> The title scared me.

Yeah, I was expecting an imminent flame war.

> 2533274813317074;8:

Please give me a source!

> 2533274793810519;11:
> They can do whatever they feel like but please, don’t add join in progress please.

Already confirmed 100% Warzone WILL have JIP. And I am greatful for that. :slight_smile:
Breakout wont have JIP.

Oh God, no! Far from it. Advanced Warfare quickly became so bland with instant kill times and kids flying around the map like damn flies on crack.

Interesting title