Will Halo 5 be added to the MCC in the future?

Halo 5 wasn’t exactly the crown jewel of halo. However I enjoyed War zone because the tied of the game could be changed in many ways ( from AI bosses, capturing command posts or just having more kills than the opposing team) which made it more exciting for me.

6 Likes

No, there are no plans to bring Halo 5 to MCC. Resource-wise within MCC things are already stretched to certain limits after the inclusion of Reach. Halo 5 itself would involve a massive amount of work to rebuild features within MCC’s UI and fairly out of scope.

5 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t want Halo 5 being added to the MCC, because the Halo games in mcc are far better than Halo 5, at least in my opinion, and mcc has become soet of like the place where you can play all the OG Halo games. I just think Halo 5 doesn’t fit there.

5 Likes

I don’t really want to think of the space it would take on my Xbox if H5 was added to MCC.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t see it happening tbh.

1 Like

It would certainly be a ton of work. They’d have to entirely restructure the Req system, Warzone would need its own special place, and the game would be completely massive - not to mention customization being bigger than any previous Halo game, even with H3’s additions.
Actually, it seems like the biggest worries for Halo 5 in general come down to size. I don’t know how much compression could do for the game, but I doubt they’d want to go far with it

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it being added to MCC, but stckrboy is right, it would be very hard to do and take a lot of time. Thats why I’m just content with a pc port. Or heck even updating Forge to be crossplay with Guardians would work for the time being.

2 Likes

I honestly think 343i are trying to leave Halo 5 behind., so no it most likely won’t ever be added to Halo MCC or on PC.

Halo 5 alone is 98 gb. I do not think the MCC will be able to handle it.

3 Likes

H5 wont ever be added to MCC, but I am very hopeful for a PC port none the less. I would love to experience its campaign on PC, it might not have done justice to the Halo franchise, but I still enjoyed the H5 campaign none the less.

1 Like

What if… they tied Halo 5 into the MCC challenges without adding the game to the MCC? That’s really one thing I found missing from H5, was weekly/monthly challenges, and it got kind of mundane having nothing to really strive for.

Just a thought.

1 Like

I could definitely go for that, as I think the MCC challenges are a great setup, but with how much pushback we have been getting from 343 on a Halo 5 PC port, I would be more than happy with just a straight port from console version, and a few PC specific quality of life additions.

2 Likes

Honestly MCC is gonna be forgotten as Halo 5 after Infinite so, if a monitor says that.

Hello, sorry, I know that this reply has nothing to do with it, but how can I talk to someone in the staff about an error or bug I found in the new waypoint? I have captures.

Make sure to file a bug on the Halo Support site :slight_smile:
https://support.halowaypoint.com

3 Likes

Under ‘Games’ in the main banner of the new Halo Waypoint, the only options in the dropdown are MCC and Halo Infinite.

This relegates Halo 5 to a sort of ‘no man’s land.’

May this signal an intent to add Halo 5 to the MCC in the future?

1 Like

No, and please stop asking.

It’s already on Xbox one, there’s no reason to stuff it into MCC.

PC players deserve a chance though, so a PC port would be great - as a stand alone product, not part of MCC.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if they just added the campaign.

Not added to MCC but I definitely see a Halo 5 PC Port once 343i has the resources to spare.

Havnt seen anyone mention it. While playing MCC on an Xbox system, in the settings menus, there is some hook to launch straight to Halo 5. And its been there for a whiiile, so i dont think H5 will see itself in MCC but if for whatever reason H5 gets the attention from 343, maybe we see it cleaned up for PC or something in the (FAR) future.

Was reminded of this back when COD was getting Cold War added to COD:warzone and they did all that ugly menu merging.