Will Halo 4 Top The Charts?

Will Halo 4 live up to Halo 3? I have been wondering if people think the series is dead after Reach? Reach really wasn’t “Halo” type of game, and it was different. That’s where we lost the Halo community. Halo 4 must have one amazing marketing scheme and catch the community again!

So far Halo 4 is topping the pre-order charts at #6(USA). (Not to bad for a game that is to come out near the fall this year.)

Other Halo titles have topped the Xbox 360 charts with:
Halo 3: #5
Halo Reach: #7
Halo 3 ODST: #11
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary: #88

Source

From the past i would say Bungie did an excellent marketing program topping Halo at the top of the charts. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, did not live up to it’s full potential. But what remake does? I think 343 could have done a better marketing job with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary.

I just hope they do it right with Halo 4.

> Will Halo 4 live up to Halo 3? I have been wondering if people think the series is dead after Reach? Reach really wasn’t “Halo” type of game, and it was different. That’s where we lost the Halo community. Halo 4 must have one amazing marketing scheme and catch the community again!
>
> So far Halo 4 is topping the pre-order charts at #6(USA). (Not to bad for a game that is to come out near the fall this year.)
>
> Other Halo titles have topped the Xbox 360 charts with:
> Halo 3: #5
> Halo Reach: #7
> Halo 3 ODST: #11
> Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary: #88
>
> Source
>
> From the past i would say Bungie did an excellent marketing program topping Halo at the top of the charts. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, did not live up to it’s full potential. But what remake does? I think 343 could have done a better marketing job with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary.
>
> I just hope they do it right with Halo 4.

First of all, what constitutes a ‘Halo’ game to you? For all intensive purposes it WAS a Halo game. People will complain about anything, namely the Armor Abilities of Reach, but then you still have people who complain about equipment in Halo 3. As we continue to grow technologically we will continue to get new things in our Halo games. Bungie may not have put Armor Abilities in CE, 2, or 3 (even though 3 did have equipment) but they still made those games, and they still made Reach as well. It is a Halo game.

As for your point, yes I think Halo 4 will be a big title. It’s already got a lot of buzz, and the anticipation is building. I think Halo still has a very large and loyal community, and I know I’ll be around for any Halo game, as I am a fan of Halo.

Anniversary didn’t live up to it’s full potential you say? Sure it did, it was a remake of a 10 year old game, and did just what it was intended to do. It was a gift for the fans. It was a remake and wasn’t meant to make billions of dollars it’s opening week. Honestly, I’d rather 343i make a GREAT Halo game, instead of worrying about their next great marketing scheme.

Well, I think the reason CEA is so low is not due to bad marketing. It was an HD remake, and those rarely see serious marketing or hype, but moving on.

I think Halo 4 will do very well with sales, and surpass it’s predecessors like every other main entry, including Reach, has. Will it top charts? Who knows. For an exclusive, it may, but over all, I doubt it.

If it’s a good game, it will top the charts.

I think over all Bungie did everything pretty good. few tweaks comes with all online games…Still halo 1 10/10 is still super epic in my book and the remake was good as well IMO.

CEA certainly worth the buy for a restored classic

I’d say that the question at the moment isn’t “will it”, but “can it”? And to that particular question, we really don’t have an answer yet. There is nothing to base the answer on. But I’d say that Halo 4 might have the possibility of having a chance to be able to potentially get on top of the charts. That’s as sure as I can be about it at the moment.

Well, Anniversary was an HD remake for the loyal fans and as such, didn’t receive all that much marketing. You also have to remember that it was released in the same month as Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim, two highly anticipated titles.

Anyway, in the past I’d have thought it would sell well due to “Halo” being in the title, but after Reach… I’m can’t really be sure. Hopefully, when 343 are ready to finally show the game, the marketing will be extremely heavy.

VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.

I don’t think Halo 4 will top the charts, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will. It will also be higher in terms of population, the whole time.

COD has taken over :frowning:

> VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.

Proof?

> VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.

How so? I have never heard anything bad about the site. They update the charts regularly, they have very comprehensive list of sales numbers. I fail to see what makes them an unreliable source.

> > VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.
>
> Proof?

Wikipedia has banned that site from any video game quotes or statistics, there are no sources to back up the stats on VGCharts, and it is actually quite obvious their numbers are inaccurate, especially for Halo. This site states that Halo 3 sold 14.5 million copies, while VG Charts state something different, less in fact.

Also, I read up on their own website how they gauge sales. They don’t actually have sources, they make educated guesses by using the decline and sales per day/ first day sales to figure out how much a game sales.

In other words, they basically guess.

No sales figures are official unless they are from NPD. Also, many are outdated, Halo Reach sold 3.3 million copies on it’s first day, and it hasn’t been updated since.

Yes

> > > VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.
> >
> > Proof?
>
> Wikipedia has banned that site from any video game quotes or statistics, there are no sources to back up the stats on VGCharts, and it is actually quite obvious their numbers are inaccurate, especially for Halo. This site states that Halo 3 sold 14.5 million copies, while VG Charts state something different, less in fact.
>
> Also, I read up on their own website how they gauge sales. They don’t actually have sources, they make educated guesses by using the decline and sales per day/ first day sales to figure out how much a game sales.
>
> In other words, they basically guess.
>
> No sales figures are official unless they are from NPD. Also, many are outdated, Halo Reach sold 3.3 million copies on it’s first day, and it hasn’t been updated since.

I guess, next time, I should do my research. Good show, sir.

> > > > VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.
> > >
> > > Proof?
> >
> > Wikipedia has banned that site from any video game quotes or statistics, there are no sources to back up the stats on VGCharts, and it is actually quite obvious their numbers are inaccurate, especially for Halo. This site states that Halo 3 sold 14.5 million copies, while VG Charts state something different, less in fact.
> >
> > Also, I read up on their own website how they gauge sales. They don’t actually have sources, they make educated guesses by using the decline and sales per day/ first day sales to figure out how much a game sales.
> >
> > In other words, they basically guess.
> >
> > No sales figures are official unless they are from NPD. Also, many are outdated, Halo Reach sold 3.3 million copies on it’s first day, and it hasn’t been updated since.
>
> I guess, next time, I should do my research. Good show, sir.

Indeed. The giant red text was certainly very catching.

black ops 2 will sadly. but hell if halo4 is good, i couldn’t care less if it was top or not.

> > > > VG CHARTS IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE! THEY ARE MAKING THINGS UP! I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.
> > >
> > > Proof?
> >
> > Wikipedia has banned that site from any video game quotes or statistics, there are no sources to back up the stats on VGCharts, and it is actually quite obvious their numbers are inaccurate, especially for Halo. This site states that Halo 3 sold 14.5 million copies, while VG Charts state something different, less in fact.
> >
> > Also, I read up on their own website how they gauge sales. They don’t actually have sources, they make educated guesses by using the decline and sales per day/ first day sales to figure out how much a game sales.
> >
> > In other words, they basically guess.
> >
> > No sales figures are official unless they are from NPD. Also, many are outdated, Halo Reach sold 3.3 million copies on it’s first day, and it hasn’t been updated since.
>
> I guess, next time, I should do my research. Good show, sir.

Thank You. Happens to everyone…

> If it’s a good game, it will top the charts.

Dis rite hurr.

Sorry to say this, but I hate these kind of threads. I mean, how are we supposed to know if Halo 4 is going to top the charts when it isn’t even out yet and we have almost no information on the game?
But to answer your question, I think it will be at least in the top 3.

> Sorry to say this, but I hate these kind of threads. I mean, how are we supposed to know if Halo 4 is going to top the charts when it isn’t even out yet and we have almost no information on the game?
> But to answer your question, I think it will be at least in the top 3.

I could not see this game fail

> > Sorry to say this, but I hate these kind of threads. I mean, how are we supposed to know if Halo 4 is going to top the charts when it isn’t even out yet and we have almost no information on the game?
> > But to answer your question, I think it will be at least in the top 3.
>
> I could not see this game fail

Me too, but I still don’t want to hope way too much. Also, as long as Halo has enough players to be playable for me, I’ll be happy.