Will Halo 4 Fix what Reach Broke?

It’s obvious what Reach broke, I’m not talking about DMR, Bloom issues, TU, none of that…

I’m talking about how The gauss cannon can shoot through forge objects (walls) in forge world, certain features (delete all objects, confusing titles to indicate spawn setups for gametypes) acting temperamental?

Speaking of gametypes, will VIP return as well as Invasion and expand upon it? Will Juggernaut actually configure to be more friendly customization to what weapons or color they can be? Will Infection actually include Alpha Zombie and not wait till a rush revised one comes out like 6 months later? Along with spawns fixed and not make odd team colors and allow a RANDOM PERCENTAGE DETERMINATION option like Halo 3 had instead of playing with a 1/3 chance choice?

Halo 3 was solid XP game, Reach at best was like Vista with security holes, will Halo 4 be our best 7th Halo game if counting ODST and Wars?

what you said that reach broke, well I’m not sure if you were being serious about that.

I do think that halo 4 is looking a lot better than reach, hopefully there won’t be any stupid faults with the game like lagfestivities or a crappy ranking system.

Reach broke forge - Halo 4 fixes it.
Reach broke firefight - Halo 4 fixes it with new and exciting Spartan Ops, with many, many more missions (50).
Reach broke campaign - It was, rather, boring and dull, hopefully Halo 4 fixes it.

I can’t say much for the multiplayer, as of yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just glad Armor Lock is gone. I hope it wasn’t replaced with something worse

So far i’ve got the impression that halo4 is the game reach hoped to be, but failed.

> I’m just glad Armor Lock is gone. I hope it wasn’t replaced with something worse

No it wasn’t though you can Splatter fools who bust out the Hardlight Shield ^.^

HS doesn’t have emp or invincibility frames (frosting) that Armor Lock did. It’s not invincible either as you can’t use weapons, can be killed by grenades and explosives, movement speed is decreased, can’t jump either. It doesn’t last too long, can’t be exploited for cheap melee kills and can be flanked from the sides or from behind.

> I’m just glad Armor Lock is gone. I hope it wasn’t replaced with something worse

Hardlight shield doesn’t look so bad nades and vehicles can destroy a shield I think it would get annoying when your try to back door someone though.

> Reach broke forge - Halo 4 fixes it.
> Reach broke firefight - Halo 4 fixes it with new and exciting Spartan Ops, with many, many more missions (50).
> Reach broke campaign - It was, rather, boring and dull, hopefully Halo 4 fixes it.
>
> I can’t say much for the multiplayer, as of yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought the halo reach campaign was the most dynamic and replayable they’ve ever had in the halo franchise, though the story was a little bit dull I have to say I enjoyed reach’s the most.

as for the forge, well it was a definite improvement over halo 3’s forge so I don’t understand exactly what you’re going on about that.

halo 4 in no way “fixes” firefight, they just removed it and gave us something different, I would hardly even compare the two.

> what you said that reach broke, well I’m not sure if you were being serious about that.
>
> I do think that halo 4 is looking a lot better than reach, hopefully there won’t be any stupid faults with the game like lagfestivities or a crappy ranking system.

well its not literally a light joke either, its obvious things from start that Halo 3 had worked the way they should for gametypes and forge well you had to perform tricks to get those awesome outcomes.

Reach failed hard with gametype setups that should not have been broken to begin with or forgotten when it came to customizing their settings like juggernaut, infection, and the forgotten VIP, just thinking about it now, completely forgetting the indicator of flag being stolen, dropped/away from CTF… till months later and added back in.

In addition why name key names for spawning and features that half worked be so blatantly awkward and not functional from launch?

> > I’m just glad Armor Lock is gone. I hope it wasn’t replaced with something worse
>
> No it wasn’t though you can Splatter fools who bust out the Hardlight Shield ^.^
>
> HS doesn’t have emp or invincibility frames (frosting) that Armor Lock did. It’s not invincible either as you can’t use weapons, can be killed by grenades and explosives, movement speed is decreased, can’t jump either. It doesn’t last too long, can’t be exploited for cheap melee kills and can be flanked from the sides or from behind.

In simpler terms, it’s like a Forerunner version of the Jackal Shield.

Hardlight shield is much better.

> > what you said that reach broke, well I’m not sure if you were being serious about that.
> >
> > I do think that halo 4 is looking a lot better than reach, hopefully there won’t be any stupid faults with the game like lagfestivities or a crappy ranking system.
>
> well its not literally a light joke either, its obvious things from start that Halo 3 had worked the way they should for gametypes and forge well you had to perform tricks to get those awesome outcomes.
>
> Reach failed hard with gametype setups that should not have been broken to begin with or forgotten when it came to customizing their settings like juggernaut, infection, and the forgotten VIP, just thinking about it now, completely forgetting the indicator of flag being stolen, dropped/away from CTF… till months later and added back in.
>
> In addition why name key names for spawning and features that half worked be so blatantly awkward and not functional from launch?

I wasn’t saying little things don’t matter because over a long period of time these things do matter, but to say a game will fail because of those reasons alone is ridiculous. theres never been a game that was perfect, games typically have small faults or glitches or something along those lines. however I’ve seen a few games fail for singular reasons like lag (gears of war 2) or because the game didn’t have enough support (l4d, well it succeeded but not nearly as much as it would’ve if valve would’ve just been a little bit more caring about the game).

> Reach broke forge - Halo 4 fixes it.

How did Reach break forge. Without a doubt it improved it 10 fold.

Some of the concepts in Reach were good ideas that were terribly implemented, hopefully halo 4 can fix that.

> > > what you said that reach broke, well I’m not sure if you were being serious about that.
> > >
> > > I do think that halo 4 is looking a lot better than reach, hopefully there won’t be any stupid faults with the game like lagfestivities or a crappy ranking system.
> >
> > well its not literally a light joke either, its obvious things from start that Halo 3 had worked the way they should for gametypes and forge well you had to perform tricks to get those awesome outcomes.
> >
> > Reach failed hard with gametype setups that should not have been broken to begin with or forgotten when it came to customizing their settings like juggernaut, infection, and the forgotten VIP, just thinking about it now, completely forgetting the indicator of flag being stolen, dropped/away from CTF… till months later and added back in.
> >
> > In addition why name key names for spawning and features that half worked be so blatantly awkward and not functional from launch?
>
> I wasn’t saying little things don’t matter because over a long period of time these things do matter, but to say a game will fail because of those reasons alone is ridiculous. theres never been a game that was perfect, games typically have small faults or glitches or something along those lines. however I’ve seen a few games fail for singular reasons like lag (gears of war 2) or because the game didn’t have enough support (l4d, well it succeeded but not nearly as much as it would’ve if valve would’ve just been a little bit more caring about the game).

well it failed in some sort of way when compared to the gametype functionality and yes those things in forge are small faults. However, it hinges to some aspect of the community when going from one game which to a degree is not perfect but at the very least functional in customization to the next and fail hard in providing functionality for said gametypes. I’m not saying the entire game failed either besides saying the title, but to come short on things that should of been built and tested similar to the previous 3 games is sad.

If u ACTUALLY went to E3/RTX and played Halo 4 for yourself, I’m tellin’ u ur opinion wil change Entirely…

> If u ACTUALLY went to E3/RTX and played Halo 4 for yourself, I’m tellin’ u ur opinion wil change Entirely…

I’m not stressing on the weapons, more concern on features and gametypes to actual function the way they should since either the first game or whatever game they originated from and introduced and at the time function correctly…

Yeah, I hate only being able to use the Gauss Hog on Headlong. Hopefully none of the gametypes will end up like Juggernaut.

Halo Reach is not broken, nor will it ever be.
It reflected everything Halo has, both in campaign and for multiplayer.
Gauss Cannon through forge objects? That’s really something incredibly… minor or unoticed to bring up. idc sorry

> Some of the concepts in Reach were good ideas that were terribly implemented, hopefully halo 4 can fix that.

This all the way. Halo 4 looks very promising.