Will Halo 4 ever return to MLG?

I just want to know if anyone thinks that Halo 4 will return to MLG or if we will have to wait until the next installment or possibly never.

Any extra info about current tournaments in Halo would be greatly appreciated!

Unlikely. The reason behind its removal was that it was not bringing in as much money as it used to.

So the better question here is: Will Halo ever retain its number one spot?

With your pic I thought I’d double posted haha

OT: Yeah I don’t see Halo 4 making it in myself, I’m hoping on a massive comeback in Halo 5. However unlikely that may seem

> Unlikely. The reason behind its removal was that it was not bringing in as much money as it used to.
>
> So the better question here is: Will Halo ever retain its number one spot?

No it was because they signed with -Yoink!- gaming. How halo 4 sold or how competitive doesn’t matter. halo 4 chose someone else so no MLG for halo 4.

> > Unlikely. The reason behind its removal was that it was not bringing in as much money as it used to.
> >
> > So the better question here is: Will Halo ever retain its number one spot?
>
> No it was because they signed with -Yoink!- gaming. How halo 4 sold or how competitive doesn’t matter. halo 4 chose someone else so no MLG for halo 4.

Last I heard it was because MLG wasn’t making much from Halo anymore. Either way, if they are contracted to -Yoink!- for a while then it’s still a no.

Sundance did sit down with -Yoink!- a few weeks back. But thats all i heard

I hope not.

MLG what a joke. Actually Pro Gaming, what a joke.

Sundance was tweeting that he wanted to have Halo 4 on this year’s circuit, but things were looking bad for negotiations. I can only assume that he was referring to -Yoink!- Gaming’s deal with Halo 4, and it somehow would not allow MLG to use it in its tournaments. This was a while ago though, so I have no idea if they are still trying to talk, or if they have to wait until the next season of MLG/ the next Halo to reopen negotiations. It’s a shame because -Yoink!- Gaming has yet to give us any tournament, aside from that boosting event which was definitely not a tournament. I don’t know if they have any plans at all for Halo 4 left. Such a shame… :frowning:

Regardless though, the Arena Gaming League is selling out every Halo 4 event within 1-2 days whenever they post that the passes are on sale. AGL Nashville is this upcoming weekend. You should watch it!

> MLG what a joke. Actually Pro Gaming, what a joke.

Why are you so bitter about people who are good at videogames and have made a career out of it?

I hope MLG will return to Halo doubt it will happen in Halo 4
But if Halo 5 is done correclty and 343 listens to us the fans Halo will become competitive again. Not only will MLG back but so will Halo population

> MLG what a joke. Actually Pro Gaming, what a joke.

Because you would hate making money off of video games, amirite?

OT: I’ve no idea. If 343i continues selling the rights to -Yoink!- Gaming, it might never return.

These gaming leagues are kinda dumb if ask me, MLG being the most over-rated one in my opinion. Really just don’t care. To me it only made a good gametype for matchmaking. I just play the game that seems challenging, which Halo 4 is lacking the challenge.

Its not so much MLG returning to Halo as it is Halo returning to MLG. Halo signed on with -Yoink!- gaming (for what reason I don’t know why). Unless -Yoink!- lets MLG do Halo or Halo goes back to MLG whenever the contract is up, there probably won’t be any Halo tournaments.

As it is currently, Halo 4 simply isn’t suitable for MLG.

> Unlikely. The reason behind its removal was that it was not bringing in as much money as it used to.
>
> So the better question here is: Will Halo ever retain its number one spot?

The reason was an exclusive contract with -Yoink!- Gaming, not how much Halo was bringing in and not because of the competitive merit of the game. H4 actually had some solid numbers at Dallas.

Personally, I don’t think Halo and MLG will be partners in the near future. Microsoft has made it increasingly apparent that they want their games and their console to be more casual, and MLG doesn’t fit in there.

> > MLG what a joke. Actually Pro Gaming, what a joke.
>
> Why are you so bitter about people who are good at videogames and have made a career out of it?

This

> > MLG what a joke. Actually Pro Gaming, what a joke.
>
> Why are you so bitter about people who are good at videogames and have made a career out of it?

CUZ DEM DARN MLGTRYAHRD EGOTISTICAL JERKS AND DER POINTLESS ROOLS AND…AND…EGO!

Am I right?

Never cared about MLG, though the playtype settings did help create a slight more competitive gameplay, as for the MLG as a whole… can care less.

> I hope not.

I agree.

I personally never liked nor will I ever like MLG. In my personal opinion, they are one of the biggest problems in the gaming industry and that goes for all games they are involved in. They completely destroy any fun factor for games.

Games are not meant to be serious all the time.