Will Forge be F2P?

It’s been confirmed that MP will be F2P. Will this include Forge?

Halo 5 forge was F2P on PC. It would be weird having it swap and now be paywalled but 343 will likely need to have some features that require payment and forge might be one of them.

All these announcements are just giving me more questions than answers. I wish they would just clarify everything.

I think everything comes with multiplayer. The only thing I am not sure of is firefight as we have no idea if that will be in the game or not. I hope so, but given its mainly PvE, I see it being tied to the campaign purchase

> 2533274840624875;3:
> I think everything comes with multiplayer. The only thing I am not sure of is firefight as we have no idea if that will be in the game or not. I hope so, but given its mainly PvE, I see it being tied to the campaign purchase

Either way, we can always hope for AI in Forge to make our own Firefight.

> 2533274851103144;4:
> > 2533274840624875;3:
> > I think everything comes with multiplayer. The only thing I am not sure of is firefight as we have no idea if that will be in the game or not. I hope so, but given its mainly PvE, I see it being tied to the campaign purchase
>
> Either way, we can always hope for AI in Forge to make our own Firefight.

Agreed. Have bots for multiplayer even…

If forge is truly F2P, I’ll be happy. But if it being F2P comes at the cost of it looking like an EA game (Pay 2.99 to unlock extra lighting budget, 2.99 for forerunner object pack) then I would rather it be part of the paid game.

I doubt it if anything people will still need to buy the game outright before anyone can play the multiplayer and all other feature i’d think.

> 2535453407941985;6:
> If forge is truly F2P, I’ll be happy. But if it being F2P comes at the cost of it looking like an EA game (Pay 2.99 to unlock extra lighting budget, 2.99 for forerunner object pack) then I would rather it be part of the paid game.

What if the F2P version is lite, but instead of microtransactions, you simply had to buy the full retail copy?

That’s a very astute question.

My consensus is that no. It will not be free. Instead it will be bundled with the campaign cost.

> 2533274925473364;9:
> That’s a very astute question.
>
> My consensus is that no. It will not be free. Instead it will be bundled with the campaign cost.

Really seems like it could go either way. They did offer H5 Forge for free on PC, so who knows.

Considering that it is a part of multiplayer I assume it’s part of the package deal.