Will every gamestop have a midnight release?

Since it’s all out of stock online and I waited till the last minute to pre-order I want to make sure the gamestop close to me is having a midnight release. (there’s only one gamestop in my area.)

i dont think ALL of them are but im sure almost all of them will. also if you didnt pre order are you even able to get a copy at release? i ask cuz ALL of the gamestops in my county. yes county. wont sell a game if you dont have a pre order until two days after release.

> i dont think ALL of them are but im sure almost all of them will. also if you didnt pre order are you even able to get a copy at release? i ask cuz ALL of the gamestops in my county. yes county. wont sell a game if you dont have a pre order until two days after release.

That sounds right.

Ahhhh I fail. I guess I don’t have to have it RIGHT when it comes out, but it would have been awesome. Thanks.

> > i dont think ALL of them are but im sure almost all of them will. also if you didnt pre order are you even able to get a copy at release? i ask cuz ALL of the gamestops in my county. yes county. wont sell a game if you dont have a pre order until two days after release.
>
> That sounds right.
>
> Ahhhh I fail. I guess I don’t have to have it RIGHT when it comes out, but it would have been awesome. Thanks.

no probs. and it doesnt matter when it happens. just that it does happen haha

GameStop employee here.
Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.

That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.

> GameStop employee here.
> Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.
>
> That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.

Thanks for the info, guess the one at my mall won’t have a midnight release then. Now I know (;

There are 6 gamestops in a 20 mile radius from my hometown, and only two or three are doing midnight releases that I know of. One of them is actually going to the store right near it since the one I pre-ordered H4 from is in a mall. So not all of them, obviously, it depends on their size and area, is my guess.

Sweet, the Gamestop at my mall says it’s having a midnight launch on it’s website… Definitely going.

> > GameStop employee here.
> > Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.
> >
> > That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.
>
> Thanks for the info, guess the one at my mall won’t have a midnight release then. Now I know (;

No problem. The reason your local store isn’t opening on midnight is most likely due to it not being cost effective. Mall stores need very high preorder numbers to have a midnight release because we actually have to pay the mall anywhere from 200 to 1000 to stay open, depending on the mall. My store for example is paying around 500 to open on midnight.

> Since it’s all out of stock online and I waited till the last minute to pre-order I want to make sure the gamestop close to me is having a midnight release. (there’s only one gamestop in my area.)

Should call and ask them to double check.

> > > GameStop employee here.
> > > Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.
> > >
> > > That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.
> >
> > Thanks for the info, guess the one at my mall won’t have a midnight release then. Now I know (;
>
> No problem. The reason your local store isn’t opening on midnight is most likely due to it not being cost effective. Mall stores need very high preorder numbers to have a midnight release because we actually have to pay the mall anywhere from 200 to 1000 to stay open, depending on the mall. My store for example is paying around 500 to open on midnight.

Question, on their site for the midnight launch: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/Halo4/

I put my zipcode in and the one in my mall is listed there, both of the ones in my mall are listed. Does this mean it’s open for midnight launch or is it just listing all the stores? Thanks.

> > > > GameStop employee here.
> > > > Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.
> > > >
> > > > That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the info, guess the one at my mall won’t have a midnight release then. Now I know (;
> >
> > No problem. The reason your local store isn’t opening on midnight is most likely due to it not being cost effective. Mall stores need very high preorder numbers to have a midnight release because we actually have to pay the mall anywhere from 200 to 1000 to stay open, depending on the mall. My store for example is paying around 500 to open on midnight.
>
> Question, on their site for the midnight launch: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/Halo4/
>
> I put my zipcode in and the one in my mall is listed there, both of the ones in my mall are listed. Does this mean it’s open for midnight launch or is it just listing all the stores? Thanks.

It means they’re opening on midnight unless some sort of emergency occurs. If you preordered you’ll be getting a call giving you all the info about the midnight.

By the way, what is your zip code? When I clicked your link it had 85701. I’m not sure if it’s using my location or yours.

> > > > > GameStop employee here.
> > > > > Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.
> > > > >
> > > > > That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for the info, guess the one at my mall won’t have a midnight release then. Now I know (;
> > >
> > > No problem. The reason your local store isn’t opening on midnight is most likely due to it not being cost effective. Mall stores need very high preorder numbers to have a midnight release because we actually have to pay the mall anywhere from 200 to 1000 to stay open, depending on the mall. My store for example is paying around 500 to open on midnight.
> >
> > Question, on their site for the midnight launch: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/Halo4/
> >
> > I put my zipcode in and the one in my mall is listed there, both of the ones in my mall are listed. Does this mean it’s open for midnight launch or is it just listing all the stores? Thanks.
>
> It means they’re opening on midnight unless some sort of emergency occurs. If you preordered you’ll be getting a call giving you all the info about the midnight.
>
> By the way, what is your zip code? When I clicked your link it had 85701. I’m not sure if it’s using my location or yours.

My zipcode is 33860, and I preordered from store number 5, in the Lakeland Square Mall. If I’m understanding what you’re saying, this means that they will be having a launch party there?

> > > > > GameStop employee here.
> > > > > Most GameStop will have a midnight release for Halo, the one’s that are less likely are mall stores and of course stores with very few reserves.
> > > > >
> > > > > That being said all stores in my district are told not to turn away walk-ins (non preordered customers) unless its a collector’s edition. If you are looking to get standard you should have no problem picking it up at midnight but the for a limited edition you’re gonna have to wait at least 2 days for someone to either cancel their preorder or not make arrangements to pick it up at a later time.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for the info, guess the one at my mall won’t have a midnight release then. Now I know (;
> > >
> > > No problem. The reason your local store isn’t opening on midnight is most likely due to it not being cost effective. Mall stores need very high preorder numbers to have a midnight release because we actually have to pay the mall anywhere from 200 to 1000 to stay open, depending on the mall. My store for example is paying around 500 to open on midnight.
> >
> > Question, on their site for the midnight launch: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/Halo4/
> >
> > I put my zipcode in and the one in my mall is listed there, both of the ones in my mall are listed. Does this mean it’s open for midnight launch or is it just listing all the stores? Thanks.
>
> It means they’re opening on midnight unless some sort of emergency occurs. If you preordered you’ll be getting a call giving you all the info about the midnight.
>
> By the way, what is your zip code? When I clicked your link it had 85701. I’m not sure if it’s using my location or yours.

Great! That means the one in my mall is opening at midnight then. My zip code is 44446 … probably put a random one in.

> My zipcode is 33860, and I preordered from store number 5, in the Lakeland Square Mall. If I’m understanding what you’re saying, this means that they will be having a launch party there?

> Great! That means the one in my mall is opening at midnight then. My zip code is 44446 … probably put a random one in.

both your stores should be opening for midnight releases, but like I said certain circumstances can stop a midnight from occurring. My store will be calling people this coming week to let them know that we will be having a midnight. You guys will also get confirmation by phone call if you preordered it. I can’t speak for every individual store, but around 98% of stores will be participating in a midnight release.

> > My zipcode is 33860, and I preordered from store number 5, in the Lakeland Square Mall. If I’m understanding what you’re saying, this means that they will be having a launch party there?
>
>
>
> > Great! That means the one in my mall is opening at midnight then. My zip code is 44446 … probably put a random one in.
>
> both your stores should be opening for midnight releases, but like I said certain circumstances can stop a midnight from occurring. My store will be calling people this coming week to let them know that we will be having a midnight. You guys will also get confirmation by phone call if you preordered it. I can’t speak for every individual store, but around 98% of stores will be participating in a midnight release.

Thank you so much!

Since it is at a mall i would show up least an hour early.

Went to a mall release at 1130 and was in line until 130. yea that many people… was flabbergasted. but i live in a smaller town now and the releases here don’t usually pull more than 50 people.