Will each game eventually get an Anniversary?

In 2011 When Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary came out it made sense, celebrating 10 years of the franchise by updating the graphics of the game that started it all. I was not that surprised when Halo 2 Anniversary was announced last month at E3. This does bring up the question, is there gonna be an Anniversary for every game when it’s 10 years since that installment released, such as Halo 3 Anniversary, Halo Wars Anniversary and so on?

Hope not, not every game needs an Anniversary.

I believe a few years down the line they’ll do something with 3.

I really, really hope not.

CEA brought CE to the 360.
H2A and the MCC brought a remastered Halo 2, 3, 4, and CE to the One.

Halo 3 Anniversary? A beyond-next-gen console probably won’t be out by then, the MCC will still be around, and there will be no point for an H3A.

> Hope not, not every game needs an Anniversary.

I highly agree, it is not needed every time.

Its not needed for every game, Halo 3 will be on Xbox one with the MCC.

However, I must say if they do not plan on doing a ODST 2 I would totally buy a remaster of Halo: ODST for the Xbox One with updated graphics.

I do hope they try and do another ODST though, I think after Halo 5 I will be over the whole main storyline…its became so hi sci fi and almost fantasy like. I don’t know, but I prefer the gritty brooding atmosphere of ODST, plus I like the look of the ODST armor and character of the new generation Spartans.

With the collection, you wont see an Anniversary of 3 or 4 on the Xbone.

I really really really really really really really really (really) hope that we DON’T see a remake of Halo 3. Ever.

Come on people, let’s have new stories now.

> Hope not, not every game needs an Anniversary.

Agreed hope they stop with H2A.

Halo Master Chief Collection Anniversary in 2024 please!

> Halo Master Chief Collection Anniversary in 2024 please!

Halo 8’s theoretical release would use 2024, however.

:stuck_out_tongue:

> > Halo Master Chief Collection Anniversary in 2024 please!
>
> Halo 8’s theoretical release would use 2024, however.
>
> :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, you’re not counting a break sometime after Halo 6. It’ll totally work.

Brb marking the calendar now!

Maybe halo 3, but that will be enough. I’d be completely content if they made H3A as a singleplayer only remake for much less than 60 dollars either as a standalone DLC or and add-on for MCC

> I believe a few years down the line they’ll do something with 3.

I think I need to explain this.

I don’t want a remake of 3, because it doesn’t need one, and it is just a waste of time, we all have played Halo 3 extensively and replaying it to see graphical improvements wouldn’t impress me much, Halo 1+2 could do with a graphical improvement and I welcome those remakes, Halo 3, doesn’t

I believe 343 are going to work with Halo 3 and do something with it, even if it’s just a simple graphic improvement, they’ll try and milk 3 for what it’s worth.

Because hey, it’s halo and you’ll buy it because of that.

I doubt it, there’s no point now since Halo 3 will be released on Xbox One will multiplayer intact. Unless they did it as a side thing for a DLC price I can’t see it happening myself.

I think having a ‘MCC’ type game for each new console is a great idea. As for individual games on each 10 year anniversary, no thanks.

> I think having a ‘MCC’ type game for each new console is a great idea. As for individual games on each 10 year anniversary, no thanks.

Imagine if they did a Spartan Assault remake 10 years from now and charged £50.

I hope their isn’t one. Too many remakes.

> I believe a few years down the line they’ll do something with 3.

I’m going to have to cry foul at 3… 3 was good enough. up to 2 and I’m good with it, more then that is a waste really.

> Halo Master Chief Collection Anniversary in 2024 please!

BANNE… er I mean, yes! Totally should happen :slight_smile:
Don’t ban me plz D;