Will Dual Wielding Return?

I’m aware Reach didn’t have it, but it doesn’t mean it should be taken out of Halo 4 aswell. Heck Halo 3 had dual wielding, why wouldn’t it be in Halo 4? Its like asking why are you Walmart brand peanut butter instead of buying Jif Peanut butter. Bottom line…Why change.

Thoughts?

No.
Sadly, it will not be returning… D°:

No, go away, you obviously don’t read or even watch the videos/ news articles they post on the front page.

Keep up with the weekly news.

> No, go away, you obviously don’t read or even watch the videos/ news articles they post on the front page.
>
> Keep up with the weekly news.

No need for the hate.
Just answer his question.

> No, go away, you obviously don’t read or even watch the videos/ news articles they post on the front page.
>
> Keep up with the weekly news.

Eh, I probably should, just been busy lately. Haven’t had the chance to see update’s about Halo 4.

No .

And im fine with it being gone …

I never used it .

Although I can understand some are upset.

> No .
>
>
>
> And im fine with it being gone …
>
> I never used it .
>
>
> Although I can understand some are upset.

I found it convenient, when shooting in campaign, or multiplayer, if your plasma weapon overheats, or clip goes empty, use your other dual wield weapon while reloading/cooling; and basically balanced out your shots.

Just the other day I played some Halo 3 campaign (Last time I Played Halo 3; checked XBL game history, was 7/9/10) Anyways just dual wielding felt EPIC again.

I always viewed it as a good way to balance out the short range assault weapons.
As you can see with reach the Needler, plasma rifle and repeater and spiker are severely under powered. Good way to give them a little more power.

> I always viewed it as a good way to balance out the short range assault weapons.
> As you can see with reach the Needler, plasma rifle and repeater and spiker are severely under powered. Good way to give them a little more power.

Exactly.

It’s confirmed by 343 that dual-wielding will not return.

No.

/thread

> It’s confirmed by 343 that dual-wielding will not return.

Alas.

I miss the halo 2 dual wielding when you could dual wield needlers, best combo ever.

It was in Reach. Only the AI Elites could dual wield Plasma Rifles. Usually Ultras, fake BOB on Sword Base, and the Elite Zealots.

As for DW in Halo 4? That’s a no go. It’s been confirmed that it won’t be returning in a Gameinformer video.

It was tested early on in prototypes but it didn’t fit the vision and style of Halo 4 with the loadouts. It was too unbalanced and decided to scrap it.

> I always viewed it as a good way to balance out the short range assault weapons.
> As you can see with reach the Needler, plasma rifle and repeater and spiker are severely under powered. Good way to give them a little more power.

The needler was OP as hell? Its the only reason why I didn’t play Elite Slayer in Reach.

Not unless 343 are keeping a huge secret. I’m a little afraid this’ll be another case of removing a feature to add it as new later on. Eg. San Andreas you can fly planes, GTA IV no planes, GTA V “hey guys, we have a brand new feature. Piloting”.

Cynicism aside, I miss dual wielding too. Sure, it had some problems, but they can be solved. When it comes down to it, it was a fun, optional thing to do.

They should just kept it for campaign nd Spartan Ops (or Firefight in Reach). It was one my favourite things to do in Halo, since Halo 2 even though I never used it in actual multiplayer. But for campaign it was fun. It added variety to the gameplay and I still don’t understand why it was removed from ODST and Reach. Golden Triangle blah blah, who cares. Dual Wielding was fun and that’s what a game is about.

I’m disappointed not to have it in Halo 4 as well. Chief should do everything what he could in previous games…

I believe the idea is to make all weapons useful.

This is expecially annoying in campaign when 10 elites have concussion rifles :confused:

Nope. It was a bold but flawed experiment, detracting from tactical survival element of CE by now being able to hold three weapons, whilst tying together two legs of Halo’s ‘golden tripod’ of combat sandbox.

> I miss the halo 2 dual wielding when you could dual wield needlers, best combo ever.

However in Halo 3, you couldn’t; because it was over-powered in Halo 2. But…fun lol.