WILL CHIEF DIE BY THE END OF THE TRILOGY?

This may have nothing to do with Halo 4 but I’ve been wondering for a long time whether the Master Chief will die by the end of Halo 6? I have 3 theories however feel free to express your own ideas.

probally not, but we will see, or they might make us think he died :0

I doubt he will die.

I honestly hope he does.

Yes he will. I just got done playing Halo 6 and, sadly, he dies in the end.

We will have absolutely no clue until we see if it happens. I really don’t see a reason for his demise, but who knows what 343i has in store for the Master Chief.

> I honestly hope he does.

Why do you want him to die?

I think he will go back into a cryo-tube.

> > I honestly hope he does.
>
> Why do you want him to die?

It’s the ultimate sacrifice. I had hoped it happened in H3 . . .
We don’t hate the character, we just feel he deserves that poetic curtain to his story.

> > > I honestly hope he does.
> >
> > Why do you want him to die?
>
> It’s the ultimate sacrifice. I had hoped it happened in H3 . . .
> We don’t hate the character, we just feel he deserves that poetic curtain to his story.

that how id want him to go too but i could also see him dying whilst fighting cortana as she is rampant.

I think we’ll all have a better idea by the end of halo 4, but I think the Master Chief appears to be unbeatable. I think in Halo 6, it would be proper to see the spartan go down saving humanity, which I honestly believed has always been his destiny.

For once we need a legendary Video Game Hero to survive and live happily ever after >_>

No, I hate it when the main hero dies in pretty much anything- books, movies, games, etc. It’s too predictable and the ending of Halo and John’s story should finish with something more original. Dying to save the universe is not the way to do it. My opinion, though.

It could happen, as there Halo 6 most likely will be the final Halo, either that or Cortana goes Rampant, or in the best of luck they make it out just fine! but we have no way of knowing.

(If Halo 6 is made by Rockstar games than it will definitly happen)

> > > > I honestly hope he does.
> > >
> > > Why do you want him to die?
> >
> > It’s the ultimate sacrifice. I had hoped it happened in H3 . . .
> > We don’t hate the character, we just feel he deserves that poetic curtain to his story.
>
> that how id want him to go too but i could also see him dying whilst fighting cortana as she is rampant.

Gunslinger summed it up. Though I think him dying while taking down a rampant Cortana has a certain…flair to it. Prefer to see him go down facing the Ancient enemy.Possibly the leader in a final,brutal hand to hand battle, perhapes Chief’s helmet gets broken off, or maybe just cracked so we can see some of his face.

> For once we need a legendary Video Game Hero to survive and live happily ever after >_>

What makes all those other legendary hero’s so memorable, is their untimely death. If MC just rides off into the sunset with Cortana and lives happily ever after, it lacks any real emotional impact. I mean, sure, you’re happy that a character you’ve invested 10 years into is living the (virtual) life, but it can’t hold a candle to the emotions that (just an example, you might not have felt like I did) I felt when John Marston sacrificed himself to save his family at the end of RDR. Especially since your goal for the entire game, literally, is to get them back.

Anyway, had a mini tangent there, but I think I made my point. :3

Yes and then in Halo 7, his illegitimate son with Cortana (don’t ask how it happened) will be the new protagonist

> > I honestly hope he does.
>
> Why do you want him to die?

He’s such a bad character. Just a big bag of one-liners. Atleast the Arbiter had a personality.

no. he will retire from the UNSC, taking cortana with him. they will elope to florida where cortana will give birth to the first of many of their computer hardware.

the chief will, in his later years, take an interest in golf…where we will have our first spin off of the chief in an action/sport/golf/fighter game called ‘halo legend vs tiger woods pga 2593’. after that game, new installments of the same thing will be released year after year, feeding on the broken hearts of soldiers who never envisioned the chief in golf pants, swinging a putter at the greatest golfer of all time.

If this trilogy follows every other trilogy:
Halo 4 introduces the characters. SHOULD have a climactic ending followed by resolution (ex. CE the ring was destroyed. No more worries.)
Halo 5 reintroduces the threat. By the end of the game, all seems lost. My hope is humanity is threatened by Cortana who has fallen into rampancy with the enemy. Games ends unresolved. (ex. Halo 2 ends with Cortana lost and earth attacked)
Halo 6 revolves around “hope.” The end seems near every second. I hope that MC fights his way back to Cortana and their love and friendship returns her sanity just enough for them both to work together to obliterate the enemy, and MC by CHOICE, stays with Cortana in their last moments. Not that he can’t escape, but instead chooses not to. Somewhat like Noble 6. This is where I feel Halo 3 failed in its storytelling.

No he won’t die because, it was said that if the entire trilogy of games stay with in the top 20 or 10 games sold this year then there will be another decade of Halo after Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo 6.

Halo 7, Halo 8, Halo 9

Maybe for the wait for Halo 6 we will get Halo 5 ODST? To keep us preoccupied.