Will Chief continue to go AWOL in Halo 6?

At this point, Chief is preferring his motives over the UNSC from his actions in Halo 4 to his even greater actions in 5. This goes out as a question and as a theory of mine: the Chief will again go his own motives over the UNSC’s. Find my forum topics “[No Cortana!!](http://No Cortana!!)” and my even bigger theory “[Returning to the Ark Theory](http://Returning to the Ark Theory)”, where they talk about Chief being able to possibly save Cortana, but of course, with all the stuff that’s gone down, mostly due to Cortana, the UNSC would not only deny the idea of rescuing her, they’d likely forbid it (seeing her as the enemy at this point). But Chief has a promise to keep, and not even the UNSC will get in his way. If that were the case, he would also likely still be designated as AWOL, and as the Hunt the Truth ads kinda hint at, there will be some more extreme events that go down as a result of this; and some particular conflict with Locke. I would like to have more experience with a Rogue Chief, what about you guys?

Doubtful. She tried to imprison him and the rest of Blue Team in a cryptum. He knows she’s dangerous and needs to be stopped, especially now since she has a ton of Guardians deployed. He’ll need all the help he can get at this point.

> 2533274912984822;2:
> Doubtful. She tried to imprison him and the rest of Blue Team in a cryptum. He knows she’s dangerous and needs to be stopped, especially now since she has a ton of Guardians deployed. He’ll need all the help he can get at this point.

Perhaps, but check out my theories and see what you think.

> 2535452785098607;3:
> > 2533274912984822;2:
> > Doubtful. She tried to imprison him and the rest of Blue Team in a cryptum. He knows she’s dangerous and needs to be stopped, especially now since she has a ton of Guardians deployed. He’ll need all the help he can get at this point.
>
> Perhaps, but check out my theories and see what you think.

Sry, the link might not work, but just look them up.

No. Absolutely not.

Not only does the Chief have no promise to keep, his last little attempt at being AWOL only wound up furthering the villain’s plans and nearly getting himself brainwashed/enslaved for the rest of his life and his only real friends killed. The Chief has no reason to continue to work apart from the UNSC when they were right the entire time, and he certainly has no responsibility to “save” a mass-murdering, abusive psychopath.

This obsession with “saving Cortana” has simply got to stop. It’s not good for the story, or the characters (we saw the effects of this in ‘Halo 5’ firsthand) - and not only that, but is sends some seriously harmful messages to Halo’s audience about the damaging and unhealthy nature of codependent and abusive behavior. 343i has had every opportunity before and after ‘Halo 5’ to make the situation surrounding Cortana not completely alarming and disgusting, but they have done nothing whatsoever to indicate that the character is even the slightest bit worth saving/redeeming or that the Chief should ever be near her ever again. So if that’s what they are going to do, then they need to sleep in the bed that they made and show the true monster of this story being brought to justice either though a final death, or imprisonment for the remainder of their existence.

I think he should have stayed AWOL…

But if he does… it should be for the right reasons. Blue team will obviously be with him agian… But I highly doubt it will be a “OMG WE GOT TO SAVE CORTONA” thing. it’s gotta be something else.

Honestly if chief goes rogue to save cortana I will actively cheer if Locke kills him and takes over the franchise, because even Locke’s irrelevant, blank-slatey self is a better character than chief will have become.

We have 3 games already of saving cortana, do we really need a 4th?

> 2533274925892496;6:
> I think he should have stayed AWOL…
>
> But if he does… it should be for the right reasons. Blue team will obviously be with him agian… But I highly doubt it will be a “OMG WE GOT TO SAVE CORTONA” thing. it’s gotta be something else.

Given that the Created are the single biggest player in the galaxy, and 343 has tried to shuffle off every other potential threat that could distract from them, I don’t see how Blue Team and Chief have any possibility of going rogue beyond some stupid save cortana again plot. Even then I feel like even Blue Team’s faith in chief would be shaken then.

There is no UNSC at this point. Infinty and other groups are hiding and Cortana has paralyzed UNSC and other big factions. That’s at least how I see it.

> 2533274964189700;7:
> Honestly if chief goes rogue to save cortana I will actively cheer if Locke kills him and takes over the franchise, because even Locke’s irrelevant, blank-slatey self is a better character than chief will have become.
>
> We have 3 games already of saving cortana, do we really need a 4th?
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274925892496;6:
> > I think he should have stayed AWOL…
> >
> > But if he does… it should be for the right reasons. Blue team will obviously be with him agian… But I highly doubt it will be a “OMG WE GOT TO SAVE CORTONA” thing. it’s gotta be something else.
>
> Given that the Created are the single biggest player in the galaxy, and 343 has tried to shuffle off every other potential threat that could distract from them, I don’t see how Blue Team and Chief have any possibility of going rogue beyond some stupid save cortana again plot. Even then I feel like even Blue Team’s faith in chief would be shaken then.

We will have to wait and see what happens in halo 2, and get some story details (that are legitimate) from halo 6 to speculate further to be honest.