Will Chief/Blue Team be a bit taller

Apologies mates, but this is just a random question that I had in my head for a while, and thought that it would make for some decent discussion. Do you think that Chief and the rest of Blue Team will be, or should be a bit taller than Fireteam Osiris? Considering they are Spartan IIs and all, and that John towered over Palmer in the final cutscene of H4, or was that just extremely exaggerated?

I don’t know, what do you all think?

I think they probably will be bigger. Spartan II’s got their height from the augmentation they had done to them.

Palmer and Osiris spartans had no such need for the augmentation.

Spartan II’s are generally about 6 inches taller than Spartan IV’s due to the genetic augmentation while they were still young causing them to grow quite a bit taller. If they aren’t shown as being taller in the game, I’ll be a little disappointed. However I expect them to convey that S II’s are superior to make things a bit more dynamic and give Chief a leg up against ONI.

THEN EXPLAIN THIS!!!

> 2533274883669557;4:
> THAN EXPLAIN THIS!!!

Lol, someone messed up.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> THAN EXPLAIN THIS!!!

Not likely anyone messed up. They make the Spartan Locke and Masterchief figures for Halo 5 in a few different sizes.

I would hope that they would all be a lot taller than Osiris and the other, newer spartans. It would be an interesting fight if you put Locke and Chief together, especially since one should be about 2 feet taller than the other.

Would be awesome if they were a lot taller.

QUICK QUESTION.

What do S 4s go through to become a Spartan?

> 2533274799075719;6:
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > THAN EXPLAIN THIS!!!
>
>
> Not likely anyone messed up. They make the Spartan Locke and Masterchief figures for Halo 5 in a few different sizes.

The Halo 3 series is smaller. I think it might be because of the Brutes being so large … they scaled everything back. My guess.

That said, I got Chief, Fred, and Kelly for Halo 5, and Kelly is by far the tallest.

> 2533274889892002;9:
> QUICK QUESTION.
>
> What do S 4s go through to become a Spartan?

They more or less streamlined and perfected the process. They no longer need to perform it on children. It has a 100% success rate (as long as the candidates are screened properly, I’m sure). It’s less severe.

> 2533275022093388;7:
> I would hope that they would all be a lot taller than Osiris and the other, newer spartans. It would be an interesting fight if you put Locke and Chief together, especially since one should be about 2 feet taller than the other.

They’re both around 7ft.

What you’re suggesting is Locke’s a little over 5ft. Shorter than a grunt.

Or, Chief’s over 9ft, about a foot taller than an elite…

> 2533274799075719;2:
> I think they probably will be bigger. Spartan II’s got their height from the augmentation they had done to them.
>
> Palmer and Osiris spartans had no such need for the augmentation.

I don’t know if they had no such need for the augmentations, or if they were too old and the augmentations would have killed them due to there old age

I’d like to see a size difference in the game but don’t really expect it.

> 2535447469108379;13:
> > 2533274799075719;2:
> > I think they probably will be bigger. Spartan II’s got their height from the augmentation they had done to them.
> >
> > Palmer and Osiris spartans had no such need for the augmentation.
>
>
> I don’t know if they had no such need for the augmentations, or if they were too old and the augmentations would have killed them due to there old age

Not likely. SIIs had augmentations done when they were still children. The augmentations along with growth spurts is likely why they are tall. Also, spartans in generally are taller in armor than they are without armor.

Locke and Buck are the same height as Fred which is 7’1. I got this from This. Keep in mind Vale is 6’9 and Tanaka is 6’7.

> 2533274837256553;15:
> > 2535447469108379;13:
> > > 2533274799075719;2:
> > > I think they probably will be bigger. Spartan II’s got their height from the augmentation they had done to them.
> > >
> > > Palmer and Osiris spartans had no such need for the augmentation.
> >
> >
> > I don’t know if they had no such need for the augmentations, or if they were too old and the augmentations would have killed them due to there old age
>
>
> Not likely. SIIs had augmentations done when they were still children. The augmentations along with growth spurts is likely why they are tall. Also, spartans in generally are taller in armor than they are without armor.

In New Blood, Buck stated that the augmentation does make them taller. Link to Spartan 4 augmentation.

They need to look taller than the new spartans. Make them stand out more.

Yeah and if they’re not 343 need to fix it, not to be overly critical but they clearly showed the chief (An S-II) being way taller than Palmer (an SIV) http://i.imgur.com/byhBr.jpg in halo 4. This is because SIV’s do not have the genetic augmentations to the same degree as the SIIs this is well known.
Master Chief, is 6’10 out of Armor, but while in the Armor he is 7’2 and chief isn’t even the tallest spartan II. Spartan IV’s are 6’8-7 feet tall in Armor, Palmer herself is 6’5 without Armor, the other spartan IV’s will likely be around this height.

Nevermind. It state Locke is 6’10 even though Vale is 6’9 and looks way taller. Pic of height