Will certain Reach weapons make a return?

Really curious to know if these weapons would be making a return from Reach.

-Needle Rifle
-Grenade Launcher
-Concussion Rifle
-Plasma Launcher
-Focus Rifle

Would you like to see any of these back in Halo 4? Personally I want the needle rifle and grenade launcher if anything. I love both of them.

Grenade Lawn Chair plz

grenade launcher pretty much confirmed out. Wasnt in the UNSC Weapons trailer (had all the ones in the game).

Beam rifle also confirmed back by mcfarlenes toys, so i doubt the focus rifle will return.

Needle rifle is too similar to the carbine to return.

the only ones that may return is the concussion rifle (hopefully the brute will come back,even if brutes arent in, i mean the hammer is), and the plasma launcher.

Lack of a pro pipe makes me sad…

Check this thread. there is some pretty sweet suggestions I made for a needle rifle upgrade!

> Really curious to know if these weapons would be making a return from Reach.
>
> -Needle Rifle
> -Grenade Launcher
> -Concussion Rifle
> -Plasma Launcher
> -Focus Rifle
>
> Would you like to see any of these back in Halo 4? Personally I want the needle rifle and grenade launcher if anything. I love both of them.

God no. Most of those were redundant or extremely situational. Grenade launcher is the only one that stands out to me. The rest are just a bunch of fancy names for generic/reskinned weapons with no interesting operation whatsoever. Worst of all, they could easily be spammed.

I’d love the return of the Needle Rifle.

Why does the UNSC get to have 2 Rifles and the Covenant can only have 1? I feel like the Carbine is the BR’s counterpart and the Needle Rifle could easily be the DMR’s.

The Concussion Rifle is possible. The Covenant doesn’t have anything to counter the SAW or Sticky Detonator.

I’d love the return of the Plasma Launcher to compliment the Sticky Detonator with the Concussion rifle being the counterpart of the SAW.

The Focus rifle is pretty much out since the Beam Rifle is practically in.

I liked all those guns. But grenade launcher was my favorite of those mentioned

I don’t think any of those weapons will make a return.

I would love for the needle rifle to return, since the carbine counters the BR, the dmr is left without a counter. So this makes the option of the needle rifle entirely acceptable in terms of balance. I would also like to see the focus rifle to come back, it was better than th pos sniper copy called the beam rifle.

A little off topic, but I had this idea for a weapon in halo 4. I think it’s pretty sweet, Check it out.

I love the Grenade Launcher. It’s possibly the first grenade launcher in any game I’ve personally played that somewhat takes some kind of skill to use, and is not just some point-and-click free triple kill or something.

I don’t like how it’s gone from Halo 4. :frowning:

My Pro pipe and Bubblegum gun please.

Needle Rifle was ridiculously overpowered compared to any other precision weapon, herp derp three easy body shots after the shield goes down and you’re dead.

Grenade Launcher is coming back in the form of the Sticky Detonator.

I WANT MY NEEDLE RIFLE!

> Needle Rifle was ridiculously overpowered compared to any other precision weapon, herp derp three easy body shots after the shield goes down and you’re dead.
>
> Grenade Launcher is coming back in the form of the Sticky Detonator.

The same applied for the DMR and Pistol, the Needle Rifle just supercombines them on death.

AR = Storm Rifle
BR = ?
DMR = Carbine
SAW = ?
Rocket = FRG
Splaser = Plasma Launcher or ?
Sticky Detonator = Concussion Rifle or ?
Sniper = Beam Rifle
Shotgun = Sword

That’s 2 weapon unknown and 2 weapon possible.
So who knows, maybe the Concussion Rifle and Plasma Launcher will return.
And possibly an altered Needler Rifle, but that’s unlikely.

> Grenade Launcher is coming back in the form of the Sticky Detonator.

Not quite. It behaves quite differently. It sticks rather than bounces, its blast radius seems quite reduced, it doesn’t seem to EMP, it seems harder to get kills with due to its lack of bouncy and lack of radius, and the remote detonate doesn’t seem to work unless it’s stuck to something.

From the videos we’ve seen so far, it seems like the Sticky Detonator requires a lot more skill, situation, and practice to use properly. Not saying that’s a bad thing. :wink:

> > Needle Rifle was ridiculously overpowered compared to any other precision weapon, herp derp three easy body shots after the shield goes down and you’re dead.
> >
> > Grenade Launcher is coming back in the form of the Sticky Detonator.
>
> The same applied for the DMR and Pistol, the Needle Rifle just supercombines them on death.

I thought DMR and Magnum didn’t kill in just 3 shots to the body? And even if they did (I don’t really know, because when I use those two weapons I either headshot or die myself), at least they encourage the player to aim for the head. Needle Rifle had a larger magazine than the weapons mentioned above and had the painfully obvious supercombine, which basically told players that they didn’t have to headshot.

Plus the fact that Needle Rifle even has bullet rebound, my brother was fooling around in Forge and actually killed himself with it.

> Needle Rifle was ridiculously overpowered compared to any other precision weapon, herp derp three easy body shots after the shield goes down and you’re dead.
>
> <mark>Grenade Launcher is coming back in the form of the Sticky Detonator</mark>.

Hardly. It’s quite pathetic that the one weapon with possibly the biggest skill gap in the entire sandbox isn’t returning.

> > Grenade Launcher is coming back in the form of the Sticky Detonator.
>
> Not quite. It behaves quite differently. It sticks rather than bounces, its blast radius seems quite reduced, it doesn’t seem to EMP, it seems harder to get kills with due to its lack of bouncy and lack of radius, and the remote detonate doesn’t seem to work unless it’s stuck to something.
>
> From the videos we’ve seen so far, it seems like the Sticky Detonator requires a lot more skill, situation, and practice to use properly. Not saying that’s a bad thing. :wink:

Oh that’s great. Sounds like a much improved version of the Grenade Launcher. :slight_smile: