Will be BR be OP ?

I don’t want to assume anything yet, but…

Can anyone explain why a 4SK BR isn’t OP?

I feel like no one’s gonna use the DMR anymore.

That’s the whole point. To make everyone not use the DMR as much.

May be a little but i doubt it. However close/mid range, possibly. Long range…DMR & LR will still be the best.

EDIT: Added LR.

^
Long range, Light Rifle.

They are reducing the rof too so it won’t be. They’re just making it better in close and mid range.

I’ve always felt that the DMR felt sharper and easier to use long range than the Light Rifle.

4 shots for the BR makes sense imo, since the BR was always supposed to be the superior close- to mid-range weapon. Its spread prevents it from dominating at long-range, where the DMR will probably reign supreme over the Light Rifle.

The Battle Rifle would have been ‘OP’ if they didn’t decide to change other weapons, which they decided to do.

Now that’s the Carbine, DMR, LightRifle, Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle and Suppressor have all been changed I can see them all being viable in a niche role.

> May be a little but i doubt it. However close/mid range, possibly. Long range…DMR will still be the best.

The LightRifle when zoomed in has a much faster ROF than it currently does now, it’ll greatly outperform the DMR considering both of them now have the same red reticule range.

OP, forgot to mention. I have to take back what i said. If players playing on Small/Mid-Sized map use the 4sk BR, forget being overpowered, it will be overused.

> ^
> Long range, Light Rifle.

Oh yeah…forgot about that. Pretty excited though, i can give the DMR a break.

DMR for BTB and CTF and other large map game types.
BR for pretty much everything else. As it should be IMO. A marksman rifle is very role-specific and should excel in that role.

People may start carrying both in their load outs after the update.

> DMR for BTB and CTF and other large map game types.
> BR for pretty much everything else. As it should be IMO. A marksman rifle is very role-specific and should excel in that role.
>
> People may start carrying both in their load outs after the update.

What about Dominion?

4sk BR can’t consistently cross-map you like the DMR or LR.

> > May be a little but i doubt it. However close/mid range, possibly. Long range…DMR will still be the best.
>
> The LightRifle when zoomed in has a much faster ROF than it currently does now, it’ll greatly outperform the DMR considering both of them now have the same red reticule range.

That’s true. Let’s see what happens. BTW, i didn’t know the LR when zoomed in has a much faster ROF. I thought it was the DMR that had it.

There is no way in hell the BR can be OP, or at least not up to the level that the DMR is in its current state. The BR has a vertical recoil and spread that makes it extremely difficult for long range kills, whereas the current version of the DMR has none of those drawbacks.

> > DMR for BTB and CTF and other large map game types.
> > BR for pretty much everything else. As it should be IMO. A marksman rifle is very role-specific and should excel in that role.
> >
> > People may start carrying both in their load outs after the update.
>
> What about Dominion?

I think the BR works best for Dominion since capturing bases requires more map movement. I am constantly closing the distance between me and the enemy when I play Dominion.

as a highly skilled LR and carbine user myself, i can say with certainty that they are going to be near OP. paticuarly in my hands.

> OP, forgot to mention. I have to take back what i said. If players playing on Small/Mid-Sized map use the 4sk BR, forget being overpowered, it will be overused.
>
>
>
> > ^
> > Long range, Light Rifle.
>
> Oh yeah…forgot about that. Pretty excited though, i can give the DMR a break.

The BR probably will be overused, yeah. Then again, that’s the BR’s effective range, and the carbine will also be getting a buff.

Hopefully the BR won’t be overused, but remember that small and midrange maps are what the BR is designed for, and don’t forget to take the carbine into account.

> as a highly skilled LR and carbine user myself, I can say with certainty that they are going to be near OP. particularly in my hands.

There’s a difference between a player being skilled and dominating than a noob using a crutch to dominate.

Since I use the BR for most of the time, I’m glad to see it’s gain a buff. Maybe I dose be not that proud after June 3rd when I beat a DMR user up-close but that is something I can live without. I’m still saying, nerfing only the DMR would be a better option but sigh it won’t released yet, so be positive.

I’m only fear about some ordinance weapon will become useless. Like the SAW or the Needler. Those are will be too slow to compete with the buffed starting weapons. Also I’d like to see some buff for the plasma pistol’s singe fire mode, or the Boltshot’s single fire mode.

From what I have seen I expect things are going to be more balanced and more competitive. I doubt it will be perfect but it is a giant leap in the right direction.

> > > DMR for BTB and CTF and other large map game types.
> > > BR for pretty much everything else. As it should be IMO. A marksman rifle is very role-specific and should excel in that role.
> > >
> > > People may start carrying both in their load outs after the update.
> >
> > What about Dominion?
>
> I think the BR works best for Dominion since capturing bases requires more map movement. I am constantly closing the distance between me and the enemy when I play Dominion.

Wow…and here i thought the DMR worked well on that.

> > OP, forgot to mention. I have to take back what i said. If players playing on Small/Mid-Sized map use the 4sk BR, forget being overpowered, it will be overused.
> >
> >
> >
> > > ^
> > > Long range, Light Rifle.
> >
> > Oh yeah…forgot about that. Pretty excited though, i can give the DMR a break.
>
> The BR probably will be overused, yeah. Then again, that’s the BR’s effective range, and the carbine will also be getting a buff.
>
> Hopefully the BR won’t be overused, but remember that small and midrange maps are what the BR is designed for, and don’t forget to take the carbine into account.

I hope so too. If it becomes overused, I will be pretty disappointed. Carbine on the other hand…it definitely needs a buff cuz that 7sk takes too long and since its Single Shot, crosshairs wont move as much as the BR.