will Assassination be in Halo 4? opinion?

In my view, I thought the assassination system was cool. I kinda felt I was pwning when I stabbed someone who was on a kill streak. However,it really should stay in Reach because Chief does not don a kurki and would just not look right on him. I don’t even think that 343 will even give a second glance at it for h4. It was cool, but should be kept in Reach. What do you think?

I was never the biggest fan of assassinations. I always preferred running up and whacking someone in the back of the head.

> I was never the biggest fan of assassinations. I always preferred running up and whacking someone in the back of the head.

The same.
I hate it when I mean to hit someone in the back. But my spartan decides to do the full animation. Then I die…cause I get stuck in this animation and I can’t defend myself.

I really like assassinations, I hope they appear in Halo 4 :slight_smile:

There should be a separate button for assassinations

Assassinations are annoying as -Yoink-. There’s nothing more frustrating than dying because you accidentally went for an assassination animation when you just wanted a simple backsmack. I have no idea how Bungie did not think of AT LEAST giving people a toggle option to turn it off.

Honestly, I don’t think they should waste resources creating pointless things like that. However, if they do they need to allow players to turn off the feature in the control menu.

> > I was never the biggest fan of assassinations. I always preferred running up and whacking someone in the back of the head.
>
> The same.
> I hate it when I mean to hit someone in the back. But my spartan decides to do the full animation. Then I die…cause I get stuck in this animation and I can’t defend myself.

Your’e the one that’s controlling Spartan so I’m pretty sure that’s your Fault.

Assassinations are too easy… I have to concentrate on NOT doing the full animation. I think there should be some way to cancel the animation, or it should require a significantly different button press length.

> > I was never the biggest fan of assassinations. I always preferred running up and whacking someone in the back of the head.
>
> The same.
> I hate it when I mean to hit someone in the back. But my spartan decides to do the full animation. Then I die…cause I get stuck in this animation and I can’t defend myself.

This has never happened to me. Every time I want to do a beat down, I just tap the button and do a beatdown. Every time I want to do an assassination, I hold it down a bit and get an assassination.

> > > I was never the biggest fan of assassinations. I always preferred running up and whacking someone in the back of the head.
> >
> > The same.
> > I hate it when I mean to hit someone in the back. But my spartan decides to do the full animation. Then I die…cause I get stuck in this animation and I can’t defend myself.
>
> This has never happened to me. Every time I want to do a beat down, I just tap the button and do a beatdown. Every time I want to do an assassination, I hold it down a bit and get an assassination.

That’s you. The bottom line is that it happens to a significant amount of people, and it’s -Yoinking!- frustrating.

>
> The same.

The thing that annoys me most is that they’re over the top finishing moves. Surely an assassination should be a short, sharp move, that’s done quickly and quietly. They went over the top with some of the ones in Reach.

> > > > I was never the biggest fan of assassinations. I always preferred running up and whacking someone in the back of the head.
> > >
> > > The same.
> > > I hate it when I mean to hit someone in the back. But my spartan decides to do the full animation. Then I die…cause I get stuck in this animation and I can’t defend myself.
> >
> > This has never happened to me. Every time I want to do a beat down, I just tap the button and do a beatdown. Every time I want to do an assassination, I hold it down a bit and get an assassination.
>
> That’s you. The bottom line is that it happens to a significant amount of people, and it’s Yoink! frustrating.

In that case, there should be an option to turn on/off assassinations in Halo 4 in your control scheme or something.

I feel like assassinations should come back in Halo 4, I don’t know about in the campaign, but from a multiplayer standpoint I thought they were pretty good! Maybe Halo 4 could have a skull which allows you to turn on animation assassinations… I’m not sure but everyone is right, it wouldn’t look right for the chief doing that.

I would like them to return, and even there to be more variety to them as well. But I understand the frustration of some players where they hold the melee a nanosecond too long and the animation leads to a death they weren’t expecting. Instead of the question being, “will assassinations return in Halo 4?”, I feel a more appropriate question would be, “can we get a control settings option to toggle off assassination?”

> I really like assassinations, I hope they appear in Halo 4 :slight_smile:

^^this^^

> > I really like assassinations, I hope they appear in Halo 4 :slight_smile:
>
> ^^this^^

I say they keep it, elimiate the knife and when you go for an assassination it’s much faster then the original animation length (like 1.5 seconds) and you use your weapon to kill them. For the gravity hammer you stab them with the sharp hammer part, for the energy sword you already know, for the battle rifle and all other rifles you put it on your back and snap the spartans or enemys neck, for the pistol you grab the spartan behind the back put your pistol underneath their neck and shoot multiple times very fast and it kills them. Something like that (:

it was cool and looked epic in Machinimas (when not overused). but a knife can pentrate the armor of a tank (basically) and kill the person? what? that doesnt make a lick a sense (lol) but snapping necks did make sense.

so, bring it back, but don’t make it a puny kitchen knife to do it and make the sensitivity better (somehow)

i hope so.

but make it easier!! like put a dedicated Assassinate button! too many times have i failed an Assassination, and just did a melee, and get killed for it…

I hope so. It was one of the coolest things you could do in Halo.