Will arena have ranked and unranked slayer?

I like the competitive play. But I feel like I’d need a team for ranked play.

We need to get away from this ranked and unranked aspect of gaming. Sure visiable or not visible is fine but no matter what they should always have some type of ranking system.

The entire word “ranking” needs to be replaced by rating or elo. Everyone freaks out about their so called RANKING when the entire purpose of this value is to put you into games that appear to be evenly matched. Unranked games are simply boring currently as they put good players with bad players far too often.

This is also coming from a good player, and yes it’s dumb to win games 50-20 not to mention it gets old quick. I want to bring back the days of Halo 2 when games ended like 50-45 or even closer.

Have a TS that hides the value and another that shows.

I think 343 is trying to keep game lists short so that everyone gets matches quickly, but if the population booms they will add more options to spread out the community.

So, unranked 4v4 could be possible, but right now they want you in warzone.

> 2533274791836530;2:
> We need to get away from this ranked and unranked aspect of gaming. Sure visiable or not visible is fine but no matter what they should always have some type of ranking system.
>
> The entire word “ranking” needs to be replaced by rating or elo. Everyone freaks out about their so called RANKING when the entire purpose of this value is to put you into games that appear to be evenly matched. Unranked games are simply boring currently as they put good players with bad players far too often.
>
> This is also coming from a good player, and yes it’s dumb to win games 50-20 not to mention it gets old quick. I want to bring back the days of Halo 2 when games ended like 50-45 or even closer.
>
> Have a TS that hides the value and another that shows.

I agree 100%.

In theory, if all the social players and all the ranked players are piled into the same playlist, and the matchmaking system functions correctly, then we are matched with players of similar skill level. Thus playing a challenging yet fun game. Which is kind of the point.

Way too much emphasis on all of this ranked/unranked stuff.

There appears to be only one set of playlists in Arena. So no. And they’ve already confirmed all game types in Arena will have spartan ranks

> 2533274809860074;4:
> > 2533274791836530;2:
> > We need to get away from this ranked and unranked aspect of gaming. Sure visiable or not visible is fine but no matter what they should always have some type of ranking system.
> >
> > The entire word “ranking” needs to be replaced by rating or elo. Everyone freaks out about their so called RANKING when the entire purpose of this value is to put you into games that appear to be evenly matched. Unranked games are simply boring currently as they put good players with bad players far too often.
> >
> > This is also coming from a good player, and yes it’s dumb to win games 50-20 not to mention it gets old quick. I want to bring back the days of Halo 2 when games ended like 50-45 or even closer.
> >
> > Have a TS that hides the value and another that shows.
>
>
> I agree 100%.
>
> In theory, if all the social players and all the ranked players are piled into the same playlist, and the matchmaking system functions correctly, then we are matched with players of similar skill level. Thus playing a challenging yet fun game. Which is kind of the point.
>
> Way too much emphasis on all of this ranked/unranked stuff.

Agreed, we definitely need to get away from this idea of “ranking,” which in itself implies measuring skill. The real purpose of the system is to find fun and competitive matches. When something is weighted too much in either direction consistently, it can get old and stop being fun.

nope, its the reverse of reach as in now only the social kids have one playlist to play.

From what I’ve seen, all arena game types are ranked. As in, there is no separate set of playlists for ‘social’. I believe they are trying to merge the two together.

In theory, as long as everyone gets matches with similar players, it should be fun for both social and competitive players.

> 2533274791836530;2:
> We need to get away from this ranked and unranked aspect of gaming. Sure visiable or not visible is fine but no matter what they should always have some type of ranking system.
>
> The entire word “ranking” needs to be replaced by rating or elo. Everyone freaks out about their so called RANKING when the entire purpose of this value is to put you into games that appear to be evenly matched. Unranked games are simply boring currently as they put good players with bad players far too often.
>
> This is also coming from a good player, and yes it’s dumb to win games 50-20 not to mention it gets old quick. I want to bring back the days of Halo 2 when games ended like 50-45 or even closer.
>
> Have a TS that hides the value and another that shows.

Does it get old? Idk about you but destroying kids never gets old for me lol if i want a challenge I will play ranked if i feel like just destroying i will pkay unranked.