Will Alpha Zombies/Infection return in Halo 4

[Insert question mark next to 4 when reading]

But serious would love if infection which confirm in the RT podcast have alpha zombies like in 3 and not tagged on in reach 7 months later…

I hope there’s a permanent Living Dead playlist with unbroken, functioning gametypes. The option to play it should always be there, the fact that it is the most popular playlist in Reach aside.

…yes, I WANT MY INFECTION BACK!

I hope so.

No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.

PUT INFECTION BACK WHERE IT BELONGS -Yoink!-!!!

> No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.
>
>
> PUT INFECTION BACK WHERE IT BELONGS -Yoink!-!!!

YOU don’t have to play Infection if you don’t want to. The 15,000 people who play it daily, however, feel differently.

> > No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.
> >
> >
> > PUT INFECTION BACK WHERE IT BELONGS -Yoink!-!!!
>
> YOU don’t have to play Infection if you don’t want to. The 15,000 people who play it daily, however, feel differently.

I seriously doubt it averages 15,000 all day every day. It’s a joke. And yes, if it’s not slayer, or objective, or a variant of those two, it’s a minor secondary gametype that belongs in an action sack style playlist or double xp weekends.

I just hope infected don’t use evade (thruster pack, in this case) in stead of Sprint. I only really got into Living Dead when they provided the alternative.

> > > No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.
> > >
> > >
> > > PUT INFECTION BACK WHERE IT BELONGS -Yoink!-!!!
> >
> > YOU don’t have to play Infection if you don’t want to. The 15,000 people who play it daily, however, feel differently.
>
> I seriously doubt it averages 15,000 all day every day. It’s a joke. And yes, if it’s not slayer, or objective, or a variant of those two, it’s a minor secondary gametype that belongs in an action sack style playlist or double xp weekends.

Go on Reach. Odds are, if Living Dead doesn’t have the most players online, than it is either second or third highest.

Why do people forget the number 1 reason people play a video game is because it’s fun?

> > > No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.
> > >
> > >
> >
> > YOU don’t have to play Infection if you don’t want to. The 15,000 people who play it daily, however, feel differently.
>
> I seriously doubt it averages 15,000 all day every day. It’s a joke. And yes, if it’s not slayer, or objective, or a variant of those two, it’s a minor secondary gametype that belongs in an action sack style playlist or double xp weekends.

That’s a nice strong opinion you have there. Statistics don’t lie. Like I said, if you don’t like it, don’t play it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Just because 15,000 ten year olds, screamers and squeakers love a gametype in an M rated game doesn’t mean it needs to have its own playlist 9/10 of infections population have no business playing halo in the first place, much less having a developer pander to their immature wants and so forth. Have you ever ran into that odd mic’d player who was mute banned in infection then made the mistake of unmuting them?

either way, alpha zombies need to be in with infection, besides infection maps will be better and whether there’s a dedicated playlist or not and its on weekends/ special occasions, as long as we have monthly updates like 3 or better and not the train wreck reach had with updates, it will be alll good.

Not having in Infection in Halo nowadays is like not having Grifball. It should be common sense!

Flood Combat Forms when infected in Infection!

and clearly, it needs to be a permanent playlist. But NO Default maps! and more gametypes would be extremely nice. I LOVE Infection, and it’s nice to get away from all the Yoink! that happens, and just play and kill zombies. Though Spartan Ops may be my new most played playlist.

> > >
> > >
> >
>
> I seriously doubt it averages 15,000 all day every day. It’s a joke. And yes, <mark>if it’s not slayer, or objective, or a variant of those two, it’s a minor secondary gametype that belongs in an action sack style playlist or double xp weekends.</mark>

According to your thinking, Infection should never exist. It was made in Customs in Halo 2. Bungie recognized the popularity (which is more than just your squeakers and noobs), and made it its own gametype. It was the most played Double EXP Playlist in Halo 3, and it is the second most played playlist in Reach, and is the most played gametype in Customs of all Halo’s time.

It’s much more played/loved than Headhunter/VIP/Invasion/KingOfTheHill/Stockpile/etc…, and yet those gametypes can stay and get more attention just because they’re “objectives” and not for “noobs”? You must be one of the those super competitive people that think “noob” gametypes should never exist, aren’t you?

And maybe it’s not 15,000 or whatever, but it’s 2-3,000 less than Team Slayer playlist every single day, so you tell me that number, and tell me also why every other single gametype should get more attention.

If there’s any kind of people logic that I hate the most on these Forums, it’s your kind. So ignorant, and believe Infection should be in Action Sack/Rumble Pit/Double EXP, when you clearly don’t see how popular it is (and not just squeakers and noobs, clearly). Tsk. Tsk. I’m glad that kind of logic isn’t put in Bungie’s/343i’s place.

> Not having in Infection in Halo nowadays is like not having Grifball…

There’s a lot of people that would like to see that come to an end too, just so you know.

Neither game encourages skill with the core game.

Both gametypes splinter the population.

They really contribute nothing to the community that’s of value.

Infection maps are rehashes of standard maps.

Griff ball maps are just rectangular courts with a grid floating just above the floor.

I don’t see a contribution. Put them both in an action sack playlist and let people Vote for on them.

I want it back just based on chamber maps I keep building/creating for customs of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmvZPtkZROM ← example.

> Not having in Infection in Halo nowadays is like not having Grifball. It should be common sense!
>
> Flood Combat Forms when infected in Infection!
>
> and clearly, it needs to be a permanent playlist. But NO Default maps! and more gametypes would be extremely nice. I LOVE Infection, and it’s nice to get away from all the Yoink! that happens, and just play and kill zombies. Though Spartan Ops may be my new most played playlist.

I agree with everything except the Flood Combat Form bit. It seems a tad unnecessary.

> No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.
>
>
> PUT INFECTION BACK WHERE IT BELONGS -Yoink!-!!!

or make Living Dead unranked/social.

> Just because 15,000 ten year olds, screamers and squeakers love a gametype in an M rated game doesn’t mean it needs to have its own playlist 9/10 of infections population have no business playing halo in the first place, much less having a developer pander to their immature wants and so forth. Have you ever ran into that odd mic’d player who was mute banned in infection then made the mistake of unmuting them?

I’m sorry, speak for yourself. I’m no 10 year old and Infection belongs in it’s own playlist. And if it does get it’s own playlist, this will hurt you how? I think 343i should have as many playlist as they want. More user freedom instead of vetoing/voting wether they want Action Sack or Living Dead.

Thanks for your hard thinking for the other people that play Halo. (That’s sarcasm incase you didn’t know, just like the other stuff that you didn’t know. Just like you can mute people no matter how old they are…)

> > No, infection belongs on special weekend playlist where it started, it clutters the lists, And worst of all, much like heavies, makes noobs and bad kids think they are good at the game.
> >
> >
> > PUT INFECTION BACK WHERE IT BELONGS -Yoink!-!!!
>
> or make Living Dead unranked/social.

That I could live with, have the gametype set so that it doesn’t record stats or award “xp”, while we’re at it, objective shouldn’t effect K/D, but should award xp, k/d should only be tracked in slayer game types, solves the issue with griff ball boosting too.

> > Just because 15,000 ten year olds, screamers and squeakers love a gametype in an M rated game doesn’t mean it needs to have its own playlist 9/10 of infections population have no business playing halo in the first place, much less having a developer pander to their immature wants and so forth. Have you ever ran into that odd mic’d player who was mute banned in infection then made the mistake of unmuting them?
>
> I’m sorry, speak for yourself. I’m no 10 year old and Infection belongs in it’s own playlist. And if it does get it’s own playlist, this will hurt you how? I think 343i should have as many playlist as they want. More user freedom instead of vetoing/voting wether they want Action Sack or Living Dead.
>
> Thanks for your hard thinking for the other people that play Halo. (That’s sarcasm incase you didn’t know, just like the other stuff that you didn’t know. Just like you can mute people no matter how old they are…)

I’m sorry, when did I ever speak for you? Or imply that my opinion was anyone’s but my own? Or imply that it was anything more than a personal opinion?

Put your feelings back in the box if you can’t keep them from getting all rustled over a forum post.

> > Not having in Infection in Halo nowadays is like not having Grifball…
>
> There’s a lot of people that would like to see that come to an end too, just so you know.
>
> Neither game encourages skill with the core game.
>
> Both gametypes splinter the population.
>
> They really contribute nothing to the community that’s of value.
>
> Infection maps are rehashes of standard maps.
>
> Griff ball maps are just rectangular courts with a grid floating just above the floor.
>
> I don’t see a contribution. Put them both in an action sack playlist and let people Vote for on them.

Skill of the core game? I’m sorry that no one told me that Halo is always about winning/no fun.

Every community counts in Halo. or did I not get the memo that this is CoD?

getting rid of Grifball destroys Grifball Hub, which Bungie/343i/RT supports. they have frequent tournaments.

Infection splinters the population? yeah, get rid of it in Reach, and see where all those players (2-3000 less than Team Slayer) go. CoD, since it has both Zombies and Infection. why play competitively when they just want to have fun, in which both Infection and Grifball have.

of course Infection maps are rehashes of standard maps, because the standard maps are not standardly designed for Infection.

Grifball maps are just rectangular courts? wow, I guess the square court Basketball and rectangular court Football should just be gotten rid of too because they’re both stale shapes also, huh?

both gametypes are made for fun. both are fun. not everyone wants to just win. some want to have fun (in which Reach clearly shows).