Will 343i even look at....

The Halo 5 Community Suggestions? Will they even talk to us rather than being in the dark? I know the Moniters of this site are not actual 343i employees so how can we get them to read our ideas?

BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.

Why does it matter? Do we not believe that 343 will do an amazing job in Halo 5 regardless of which suggestions they take from the community? Well I for one think that 343 will blow away any doubts that players have with Halo 5!

> BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.

How can we be for certain?

> > BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.
>
> How can we be for certain?

I’ve seen Frankie post a few times and the Railgun was first suggested in a thread. Not sure if you’ll count the second one. And there is no certain way for us know if they’ve read any of the Halo 5 suggestions.

> > BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.
>

They aren’t going to respond to everything that gets said. It’s been said they read. You can choose to believe it or not, that’s up to you.

I understand that part its just that, they need to have a proper feedback system, like a father and child talk. They need to understand what needs to change in order to save the series, and by doing so not cater to themselves into thinking that their ideas are superior

>

I don’t know… Let’s look at their track record:

• Bolt shot nerf in response to the bolt shot nerf cries.
  • CSR ranking in response to the CSR threads.
  • Team Throw down in response to the competitive play list thread.
  • Majestic map pack in response to the need for small maps.
  • Weapon tuning in response to the need to balance the sand box.
  • The announcement of the legendary playlist in response to the cry for a classic playlist.
  • Forge island in response to forgers demanding a new forge location.

Yeah they don’t listen.

> > > BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.
> >
> > How can we be for certain?
>
> I don’t know… Let’s look at their track record:
>
> - Bolt shot nerf in response to the bolt shot nerf cries.
> - CSR ranking in response to the CSR threads.
> - Team Throw down in response to the competitive play list thread.
> - Majestic map pack in response to the need for small maps.
> - Weapon tuning in response to the need to balance the sand box.
> - The announcement of the legendary playlist in response to the cry for a classic playlist.
> - Forge island in response to forgers demanding a new forge location.
>
>
> Yeah they don’t listen.

343i’s definition of a dying series is probably different from our views.

Lets have faith people are just afraid of change

> The Halo 5 Community Suggestions? Will they even talk to us rather than being in the dark? I know the Moniters of this site are not actual 343i employees so how can we get them to read our ideas?

Are they going to read going to read every single post? maybe maybe not. Are they going to read every single post that pertains to sensible ideas and suggestions? Yes. Are they going to act/reply to every single post with idea and/or suggestions? No.

I trust that they’re listening to us, and they’re taking things under advisement.

I can only hope they use their best judgment when it comes to the community on these forums. Some ideas aren’t as good as others, like say you’re Alpha/beta of Campaign, MM, and Forge, isn’t the best idea. Halo 5 or any other Halo game DOESN’T need a public beta, a closed beta maybe, but a open to the public beta is a waste of time and resources, and campaign doesn’t need to be beta tested.

And in reality the community should suggest ideas but not act like they’re 343i’s boss(es), we’re the community, we can’t shape every little thing they do.

Also if we the community keep on attacking 343i for things we think shouldn’t be in the game, we think are broken, or things that we feel shouldn’t of been left out, 343i isn’t going to rely on us to get good feedback.

> > The Halo 5 Community Suggestions? Will they even talk to us rather than being in the dark? I know the Moniters of this site are not actual 343i employees so how can we get them to read our ideas?
>
> Are they going to read going to read every single post? maybe maybe not. Are they going to read every single post that pertains to sensible ideas and suggestions? Yes. Are they going to act/reply to every single post with idea and/or suggestions? No.
>
> I trust that they’re listening to us, and they’re taking things under advisement.
>
> I can only hope they use their best judgment when it comes to the community on these forums. Some ideas aren’t as good as others, like say you’re Alpha/beta of Campaign, MM, and Forge, isn’t the best idea. Halo 5 or any other Halo game DOESN’T need a public beta, a closed beta maybe, but a open to the public beta is a waste of time and resources, and campaign doesn’t need to be beta tested.
>
>
> And in reality the community should suggest ideas but not act like they’re 343i’s boss(es), we’re the community, we can’t shape every little thing they do.
>
> Also if we the community keep on attacking 343i for things we think shouldn’t be in the game, we think are broken, or things that we feel shouldn’t of been left out, 343i isn’t going to rely on us to get good feedback.

Then why did Halo 3 and Reach have a public beta? This community is just a bunch of complainers, and yes I can see where they would read SOME of the threads made. Therefore making a decision on their behalf is up to them on whether they want to adjust things to current players to veteran players who knows what would make a good Halo game. Public Betas are there for a reason, and having a closed beta isnt enough honestly.

> > > BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.
> >
> > How can we be for certain?
>
> I don’t know… Let’s look at their track record:
>
> - Bolt shot nerf in response to the bolt shot nerf cries.
> - CSR ranking in response to the CSR threads.
> - Team Throw down in response to the competitive play list thread.
> - Majestic map pack in response to the need for small maps.
> - Weapon tuning in response to the need to balance the sand box.
> - The announcement of the legendary playlist in response to the cry for a classic playlist.
> - Forge island in response to forgers demanding a new forge location.
>
>
> Yeah they don’t listen.

Yet those are just a very few, FEW issues in regards to this game.

The CSR isnt in-game visable, not good enough. Should have been there from the start.
Small maps are not entertaining
Weapon tuning, the only thing I saw that was tuned was the Bolt Shot and nothing more.
Legendary Playlist should have been out already
Forge Island is a good start but they needed better things.

Of course these are just what my POV sees and not others. There are more constructive ideas on here yes but the major adjustments that are needed DO need it in the next installment.

> > > > BS Angel says they read the Forums constantly to keep updated on what the community is thinking.
> > >
> > > How can we be for certain?
> >
> > I don’t know… Let’s look at their track record:
> >
> > - Bolt shot nerf in response to the bolt shot nerf cries.
> > - CSR ranking in response to the CSR threads.
> > - Team Throw down in response to the competitive play list thread.
> > - Majestic map pack in response to the need for small maps.
> > - Weapon tuning in response to the need to balance the sand box.
> > - The announcement of the legendary playlist in response to the cry for a classic playlist.
> > - Forge island in response to forgers demanding a new forge location.
> >
> >
> > Yeah they don’t listen.
>
> Yet those are just a very few, FEW issues in regards to this game.
>
> The CSR isnt in-game visable, not good enough. Should have been there from the start.
> Small maps are not entertaining
> <mark>Weapon tuning, the only thing I saw that was tuned was the Bolt Shot and nothing more.</mark>
> Legendary Playlist should have been out already
> Forge Island is a good start but they needed better things.
>
> Of course these are just what my POV sees and not others. There are more constructive ideas on here yes but the major adjustments that are needed DO need it in the next installment.

How come no one can beat DMR!! It’s not that hard to kill anyone with that. What other weapons possibly need retuning?

Whether they read the forums or not is irrelevant. 343i doesn’t seem like they care.

> Yet those are just a very few, FEW issues in regards to this game.
>
> The CSR isnt in-game visable, not good enough. Should have been there from the start.

Ranks were added, though invisible. Whether you find that non complacent is irrelevant.
They had their reasons for the delay.

> Small maps are not entertaining

Many, MANY people would strongly disagree. People were begging for smaller style maps since launch.

> Weapon tuning, the only thing I saw that was tuned was the Bolt Shot and nothing more.

Weapon Tuning was brought about BECAUSE of complaints so that 343i can easily adjust weapons where they see fit.

> Legendary Playlist should have been out already

No it did not. 343i did not need to make anything whatsoever pertaining to old style Halo game-play. They have done it and are doing it because of people’s wishes for it.

> Forge Island is a good start but they needed better things.

Not disagreeing that Forge was lackluster, but they are improving it.

> Of course these are just what my POV sees and not others. There are more constructive ideas on here yes but the major adjustments that are needed DO need it in the next installment.

Not disagreeing.

> Whether they read the forums or not is irrelevant. 343i doesn’t seem like they care.

If they did not care, we would not have received an ounce of tuning, adding, and fixing that has occurred since launch.

343i tried to add their own style in Halo 4, and to many it wasn’t the best choice, that is why they are slowly adding things they removed.

People really need to stop with the whole “343i just wanted to give us the middle finger and run away” mentality. Did they screw up on some things? Without question, but Halo 4 is not a steaming pile of crap that many believe.

> > > The Halo 5 Community Suggestions? Will they even talk to us rather than being in the dark? I know the Moniters of this site are not actual 343i employees so how can we get them to read our ideas?
> >
> > Are they going to read going to read every single post? maybe maybe not. Are they going to read every single post that pertains to sensible ideas and suggestions? Yes. Are they going to act/reply to every single post with idea and/or suggestions? No.
> >
> > I trust that they’re listening to us, and they’re taking things under advisement.
> >
> > I can only hope they use their best judgment when it comes to the community on these forums. Some ideas aren’t as good as others, like say you’re Alpha/beta of Campaign, MM, and Forge, isn’t the best idea. Halo 5 or any other Halo game DOESN’T need a public beta, a closed beta maybe, but a open to the public beta is a waste of time and resources, and campaign doesn’t need to be beta tested.
> >
> >
> > And in reality the community should suggest ideas but not act like they’re 343i’s boss(es), we’re the community, we can’t shape every little thing they do.
> >
> > Also if we the community keep on attacking 343i for things we think shouldn’t be in the game, we think are broken, or things that we feel shouldn’t of been left out, 343i isn’t going to rely on us to get good feedback.
>
> Then why did Halo 3 and Reach have a public beta? This community is just a bunch of complainers, and yes I can see where they would read SOME of the threads made. Therefore making a decision on their behalf is up to them on whether they want to adjust things to current players to veteran players who knows what would make a good Halo game. Public Betas are there for a reason, and having a closed beta isnt enough honestly.

I don’t remember the reason for Halo 3’s beta, other than a Marketing ploy. Halo Reach on the other hand was a server test. Yes there are reasons for public betas, MMOs use them for stress testing their servers and making sure things sync up with everyone else. For FPS games, they’re just for server testing and marketing. Halo Reach’s beta was using a build of the full game that was a few months old, and edited to lock some features out. Most bugs was already fixed by the time the beta came out.

I also want to point out that you’re using the “The only good games are games with public betas” logic, which is not true. Halo 4 was “Tested” by the community at conventions.

But if they do host a beta, they should have it open to people, and then slowly kick people out, people who give feedback like “This game sucks”, “This weapon sucks”, and “This map sucks”, should be locked out of the beta, also people should be required to file a report after so many hours of game testing. Those who fail to do so, should be locked out.

> If they did not care, we would not have received an ounce of tuning, adding, and fixing that has occurred since launch.
>
> 343i tried to add their own style in Halo 4, and to many it wasn’t the best choice, that is why they are slowly adding things they removed.
>
> People really need to stop with the whole “343i just wanted to give us the middle finger and run away” mentality. Did they screw up on some things? Without question, but Halo 4 is not a steaming pile of crap that many believe.

343i has not addressed much of any of the issues raised since launch. What they have amounts to little more than token appeasements that seem to fall short of expectations:
Small maps - 1 only
Death X - lasts 2 seconds
Forge world - 3 cylinders in the water
CSR - invisible
Just to name a few.
On top of that they don’t respond to any questions or concerns on the forums unless it is to censor or lock someone’s post. Not every thread is filled with people spewing venom. There are quite a few threads where people have asked reasonable, intelligent questions, but there are no responses from 343i on the forums or in the bulletins.
So, forgive me, but I don’t think 343i cares about Halo or the Halo community.

I do thank you for your effort, making a thread like this isn’t the best way to garner support from 343i.

Personally, I will be messaging 343i employees in the near future via twitter asking them to check my thread. I wanted to wait a while just so I could compile a decent list of suggestions, and as of right now it’s alright in my books, but needs more work.

If you really wish to get 343i’s attention I suggest nicely tweeting them and suggest they check out the thread and post a link.

Or maybe messaging them here with the link.

But above all else, be courteous, nothing puts off anyone more than the first few sentences are rage’d emotions and insults. I know you aren’t displaying those characteristics but to anyone reading, if you want to be heard, don’t post messages when you are in the middle of a rage attack.

It’s also not to hard to track 343i employees down on twitter, many of them fallow each other.

> 343i has not addressed much of any of the issues raised since launch. What they have amounts to little more than token appeasements that seem to fall short of expectations:
> Small maps - 1 only
> Death X - lasts 2 seconds
> Forge world - 3 cylinders in the water
> CSR - invisible
> Just to name a few.
> On top of that they don’t respond to any questions or concerns on the forums unless it is to censor or lock someone’s post. Not every thread is filled with people spewing venom. There are quite a few threads where people have asked reasonable, intelligent questions, but there are no responses from 343i on the forums or in the bulletins.
> So, forgive me, but I don’t think 343i cares about Halo or the Halo community.

It feels as if 343i is afflicted with locked jaw syndrome, they hear us but they can’t talk to us.

I wish the senior matchmaking designers and community manages would spend 5 minutes a day just saying “hi” and seeing their community.

I know it’s hard for them to comment on things because if they do it’s almost as if they are making a commitment to that. But that in itself isn’t that immobilizing, they can just say that they “can’t make any promises”. Because I as well get annoyed with 343i’s lack of communication, but it seems they listen because it almost sounded like Bravo said they will be tweaking the warthog! And this thread of mine has been harping about the Warthog for 3 months!