Will 343 fix the mute ban thingy?

Cause everyone that plays the MLG playlist alot has it.

I hope. The mute ban was beyond flawed and stupid. It was PROVEN in the beta to be easily abused and the majority wanted it out in the beta feedback forum, yet, Bungie kept it anyway so it could continue to be abused in the full game. What’s the point of this when we have a MUTE OPTION!?

Although I agree it should be fixed to prevent permanent mutes, it most likely won’t happen.

Because people that play MLG should learn to use the “Team and Party” setting which will auto-mute the other team?

From what I remember, the system actually accounts for mass muting.

> From what I remember, the system actually accounts for mass muting.

I tested it a long time ago and can confirm this. If you mute every single opposing player you see for five or so consecutive games, you will temporarily lose the ability to mute. The menu option still appears, but has no effect.

Still, though, that contributes toward twenty potential mute bans in the space of an hour (though I don’t know how long muting remains disabled afterward), which is pretty bad. That’s clearly enough to cause tons of false bans, or else this thread wouldn’t exist… The ban needs to be removed.

(I do apologize for contributing to the problem during my analysis.)