Will 343 drop pods bring some new weapons or vehicles

Just wondering if you guys think we’ll get any new weapons or vehicle’s within the next 6 months with their drop pod updates.

3 Likes

No

at best we’ll get a few fixes & maybe a new mode, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for anything significant.

8 Likes

Those are significant.

4 Likes

…And par for the course with any other live-service game

while fixes are appreciated we’ve gone 6 months with a few of them, and the recent “fixes” that dropped with season 2 have divided the community.

5 Likes

Significant bare minimum. The purpose of live service isn’t to do bare minimum for the players.

I mean wooo being happy for not letting the game be buggy and broken isnt content.

3 Likes

New content feels more the domain of seasons rather than randomly dropped in. Makes a big selling point.

1 Like

At most we’ll get a bug fix or a minor balance tweak every few months. I’d be surprised if we got more than 1 map before November.

Yeah, if by significant you mean the absolute bare minimum.

4 Likes

No shot. Itll probably be tiny insignificant bug fixes that barely affect anyone. Dont get your hopes up for new content or fixes to desync or player collision

2 Likes

I could see them drop a ghost or tank, and then the player that grabs it will pretty much just destroy everyone the entire match…

1 Like

Probably not, ‘Drop Pods’ are just a cute little phrase 343 conjured up. Let’s just call them what they really are: monthly updates. I think if a majority of the issues in Infinite are cleaned up and everything on the Roadmap goes as planned, Drop Pods could actually start being impactful but this is wishful thinking.

1 Like

Its just a whole year with just the guns we have sounds so boring was kinda hoping to atl least get the banished covenant carbine I see that was leaked for a while now

And no guass warthog for a year aswell that vehicle is a staple

2 Likes

I would much rather have an update wave of fixes for a broken game than an update wave of new content for a game that is still broken.
“Here, we got you new content to unlock.”
“Did you fix the desync issues that plague the game and the challenge system progression issues?”
“. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . why aren’t you distracted by the shiny new skin?”
“What is the point of a new skin if I cannot get it because of a broken system of challenges preventing proper completion to unlock the ultimate weekly challenge to collect my reward? Why should I grind twenty or so hours to get ONE measly item and be satisfied by that ordeal? A grind that would’ve taken ten hours had the aforementioned issues been fixed?”

1 Like

They can do both. Do you realize the amount of content they’re sitting on? Theres cosmetics that bots were running around with in the flights thats still not released yet.

1 Like

Yes. They SHOULD revamp how they release cosmetics.

But Bug Fixes are also essential.
Fallout New Vegas would’ve gone down in history as a bad game were it not for the updates it needed so that “Fallout New Vegas has stopped working” wasn’t the only quest you had available.

1 Like

Yes that’s the point. Up until now, this hasn’t really been a live service game. Literally any step closer to that goal is a good thing. No idea where this “THATS JUST PAR FOR THE COURSE” attitude comes from.

Like, duh. We want to get to par for the course.

1 Like

Obviously. They need to work on being able to do more than one thing at a time. The incompetence they display as what is suppose to be a triple A company is so under the bar of what a professional company should be

1 Like

Exactly right. They really need to fix the infrastructure issues like bringing back H5 / MCC Server Selectors and finally fixing De-Synch.

2 Likes

No lol. They even said themselves that it would come S3 at the earliest.

Drop pods will probably just focus on fixes / quality of life updates
Biggest stuff we will probably see from it is cross core / unlocking of kits

I hope to be proven wrong but I seriously doubt these drop pods will be anything major content wise.

1 Like

Realistically no, vehicles and weapons are to game changing for a mid season drop due to balancing issues. You’d see them at season launches. Drop pods might have modes in the works like infection. Highest expectation for a drop pod would be Phase 1 armor core revamp or a new map.

1 Like

On their roadmap it mentions new sandbox items. So I dont see why not? They refer to the sandbox as the weaponry/vehicles/equipment the player can utilise so it would make sense.

1 Like