Will 117 Diminish The Importance of Majestic?

So according to Halopedia the player is a member of a four-person SPARTAN-IV team known as Majestic Squad. Will the presence of Master Chief diminish their importance? As in make them pretty much another redundant set of characters like Dare’s Squad?

Link fixed

bump

Don’t bump your own thread.

Majestic Squad is only in Spartan Ops, which Master chief will not play a role in. They will be important in their own way.

How was Dares squad redundant? I don’t understand.

Dares squad did quite a bit.

I mean overall as in storyline wise. I mean, why even put in a character if its going to be diminished and overshadowed by another? I mean, of course you have your people who will prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief (Me, for example), but whats the point if they get no part in saving the galaxy, and all the credit goes to the Chief (Which I have a feeling it will and Majestic will get no recognition save some ambiguous eulogy from a main character like Halsey)

> I mean overall as in storyline wise. I mean, why even put in a character if its going to be diminished and overshadowed by another? I mean, of course you have your people who will prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief (Me, for example), but whats the point if they get no part in saving the galaxy, and all the credit goes to the Chief (Which I have a feeling it will and Majestic will get no recognition save some ambiguous eulogy from a main character like Halsey)

You prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief!?, How dare you! lol.

> > I mean overall as in storyline wise. I mean, why even put in a character if its going to be diminished and overshadowed by another? I mean, of course you have your people who will prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief (Me, for example), but whats the point if they get no part in saving the galaxy, and all the credit goes to the Chief (Which I have a feeling it will and Majestic will get no recognition save some ambiguous eulogy from a main character like Halsey)
>
> You prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief!?, How dare you! lol.

I’ve never really liked Master Chief ever since Halo 3. In Halo 1 and 2 he had that quality. I guess I never liked his name “John” and his character is just so bland. If 343 showed a degree of humanity in him, showed him experience defeat (for once) he’d probably grow on me, but until then - not a chance. And I think other characters need to be given a chance to shine in the Halo-verse. Noble Six had his/her brief moment of fame, but he/she died, so no more from him/her.

> Don’t bump your own thread.
>
> Majestic Squad is only in Spartan Ops, which Master chief will not play a role in. They will be important in their own way.

Yes they are the focus there.

> > > I mean overall as in storyline wise. I mean, why even put in a character if its going to be diminished and overshadowed by another? I mean, of course you have your people who will prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief (Me, for example), but whats the point if they get no part in saving the galaxy, and all the credit goes to the Chief (Which I have a feeling it will and Majestic will get no recognition save some ambiguous eulogy from a main character like Halsey)
> >
> > You prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief!?, How dare you! lol.
>
> I’ve never really liked Master Chief ever since Halo 3. In Halo 1 and 2 he had that quality. I guess I never liked his name “John” and his character is just so bland. If 343 showed a degree of humanity in him, showed him experience defeat (for once) he’d probably grow on me, but until then - not a chance. And I think other characters need to be given a chance to shine in the Halo-verse. Noble Six had his/her brief moment of fame, but he/she died, so no more from him/her.

You do know that 343i is giving John’s personality an overhall in Halo 4 right?
That’s probably why he talks during gameplay now, so we know his reactions n stuff.

> > I mean overall as in storyline wise. I mean, why even put in a character if its going to be diminished and overshadowed by another? I mean, of course you have your people who will prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief (Me, for example), but whats the point if they get no part in saving the galaxy, and all the credit goes to the Chief (Which I have a feeling it will and Majestic will get no recognition save some ambiguous eulogy from a main character like Halsey)
>
> You prefer Majestic Squad over Master Chief!?, How dare you! lol.

YOU NO LIKE MASTER CHIEF! BLASPHEMY!!!