WildLife

So I was wondering if the halo community would like to see more wildlife in the campaign or Multiplayer maps. Personally I think that they made the halo world feel more alive. Would you guys like to see animals like the Moa and Guta in Halo 4. I would think that in the campaign there should be many more animals then them. More birds that you can shoot down, small rat like animals, Moa like animals, hostile, neutral. I think it would be a really nice addition! What are your thoughts and do you support this idea?

I remember the first trailer (I think it was E3) for CE and seeing all the different alien-like wildlife that was in it, then the game comes out and there wasnt a single one of them in the game.

I think that there will be all kinds of interesting animals on the Forerunner planet, I mean CRAZY looking animals

Halo is scifi, so there’s no telling what we’re going to see. I’d like them to get creative with wildlife. Hopefully there will be that creature that scares the crap out of you or is humongous.

Yep, would love that (in campaign only).

Reach kind of started it, but I hope we’ll get to see a much more variety of organic creatures.

I’d like to see a overgrown jungle multiplayer map with short lines of sight and every now and then animals run/fly past you, would make it so intense.

Yes, I would like to see new wildlife. No, I would not like to see anything like the Moa or Guta. The Guta was just stupid and I’m honestly sick of hearing about Moa all the time. I’d like to see a lot more wildlife and I’d like a lot of it to be less, Earth-like. The Guta was the only wildlife in Reach that wasn’t Earth-like and it was pretty poorly done.

In short I’d like to see 343 have more wildlife and vastly improve upon what was done in Reach.

Given that the Flood will likely return, this could also allow for more Flood forms, unlike those we’ve seen before.

It would be nice to get some achievements for shooting down some really fast birds with a headshot from a sniper. But What do you guys think about less intelligent species like the jackals or skirmishers showing up. Just they aren’t smart and are basically just wild animals. It would be cool and a nice easter egg possibility.

Of course. It’s part of the mystery that is Halo! It makes things seem so far off (they already are haha)and fun. Just think, you are driving a warthog along a cliff edge and down below you in the valley you see flying animals that resemble dinosaurs… or in a green grassy field there are moa like creatures running in small packs. Ahhhh if only if only…

Would be a cool gametype if on a jungle map, you hear and see various birds and creatures that don’t harm you, but there is one person who is invisible and hunts you down, so was that bush rustling caused by the wind, or a hunter, was that noise a footstep? Or birds? Scary poop

> So I was wondering if the halo community would like to see more wildlife in the campaign or Multiplayer maps. Personally I think that they made the halo world feel more alive. Would you guys like to see animals like the Moa and Guta in Halo 4. I would think that in the campaign there should be many more animals then them. More birds that you can shoot down, small rat like animals, Moa like animals, hostile, neutral. I think it would be a really nice addition! What are your thoughts and do you support this idea?

I wouldn’t mind having them in the background but if they in anyway affected gameplay I would not want that at all.

I would like a giant fire-breathing bunny with a troll face that destroys anything in it’s path while singing Hannah Montana songs.

Barring that, any wildlife would be fine. I might be like in Halo CE, though, where they took out wildlife to make the Flood’s appearance more startling, except for the new threat.

I am still debating with myself if it would be nice if some of the animals were hostile.

> Of course. It’s part of the mystery that is Halo! It makes things seem so far off (they already are haha)and fun. Just think, you are driving a warthog along a cliff edge and down below you in the valley you see flying animals that resemble dinosaurs… or in a green grassy field there are moa like creatures running in small packs. Ahhhh if only if only…

I think Halo 4 will definitely include some sort of wildlife, I don’t know how often or how interactive they will play in the Campaign. I say Campaign because unless you have ‘out of reach’ animals in Matchmaking it’s asking for players to complain.

If you’ve read any of the books, Primordium for example you would know that Forerunner’s tend to keep animal specimens on their constructs for various reasons. That and the obvious possibility that Masterchief is somewhere unknown and undiscovered in the Universe.

Bungie did it well in Reach, wildlife was there to create a ‘real’ landscape but it wasn’t too much of distraction. I think 343i will definitely carry this on.

I want it to be more natural. Kinda like Skyrim.
For Example: When you are walking down a path you will see different types of animals doing animal stuff.
-A Bunnie, or a fox running away from you.
-A Fox chasing after a Bunnie.
-A Wolf pack taking down a deer.
-A Saber cat sleeping on a rock.
-A den of bears.
I want something like that for Halo 4.
For Example: You are driving your Warthog down some path on one of the levels. And you will see the animal life acting like what I described.

Mimi: “Vodka means “Water” in Russian, you know.”
"My name is Recoome, it rhymes with doom, and you’ll be hurting all too soon.”

> I want it to be more natural. Kinda like Skyrim.
> For Example: When you are walking down a path you will see different types of animals doing animal stuff.
> -A Bunnie, or a fox running away from you.
> -A Fox chasing after a Bunnie.
> -A Wolf pack taking down a deer.
> -A Saber cat sleeping on a rock.
> -A den of bears.
> I want something like that for Halo 4.
> For Example: You are driving your Warthog down some path on one of the levels. And you will see the animal life acting like what I described.
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________________________________
> Mimi: “Vodka means “Water” in Russian, you know.”
> "My name is Recoome, it rhymes with doom, and you’ll be hurting all too soon.”

[/quote]
Just been playing Skyrim and definitely, this would be a great way to implement it. Scripted events like Reach kinda takes away the novelty of nice little features such as this.

Considering the observations made from what 343i has been saying about Halo 4, there would be no place for “wild life” like you described to fit.

However, now that I think about it, there were Sentinels in Halo 3’s Construct. There were also aerial fire fights on some of the maps in Halo 3. I would like to see things like that return on maps in Halo 4.

> Just been playing Skyrim and definitely, this would be a great way to implement it. Scripted events like Reach kinda takes away the novelty of nice little features such as this.

I know. I believe it’s the same for Fallout 3, and New Vegas. The wild life in those games feels like the are scripted to be in those spots.

Mimi: “Vodka means “Water” in Russian, you know.”
"My name is Recoome, it rhymes with doom, and you’ll be hurting all too soon.”

> Considering the observations made from what 343i has been saying about Halo 4, there would be no place for “wild life” like you described to fit.
>
> However, now that I think about it, there were Sentinels in Halo 3’s Construct. There were also aerial fire fights on some of the maps in Halo 3. I would like to see things like that return on maps in Halo 4.

I don’t really know what you mean by what “343i have been saying”.

In my opinion. Halo 4 = Unknown planet/ Unknown enemy/ Isolated player/ Science Fiction/ Forerunner History = There’s a lot of place for wildlife to appear in Campaign.

But, Wildlife was a great new innovation introduced to Halo in Halo Reach! No we cannot let this amazing feature continue on. What if 343i gets the idea that they can take great innovations from Reach and pursue them further in Halo 4???

Obviously they should pursue wildlife in Halo 4. Reach did it with great success.

Would be cool! But Guta are extinct I think.