Wild Life

I know this may sound odd…but after watching that trailer for Halo Infinite and seeing those amazing looking wildlife…I can’t help but think if we are going to be able to “kill” any type of wildlife like the poor Moas in Reach. Like what if hunting was a part of the game? A real survivor of the fittest kind of thing. Not only are we surviving the enemy but the elements themselves!!! Thoughts?

i wish we saw more than just rhinos running around tbh…

I think they were just showing off the engine. The original Halo CE was supposed to have wildlife included in the game so I may be wrong and will be included in infinite.

> 2533274979619629;2:
> i wish we saw more than just rhinos running around tbh…

Did you miss the deer? And the Puma that carried 4 marines back to her den?

> 2533274909139271;4:
> > 2533274979619629;2:
> > i wish we saw more than just rhinos running around tbh…
>
> Did you miss the deer? And the Puma that carried 4 marines back to her den?

Dat Puma could run.

I do wonder how wildlife will play into this game. It makes me wonder though, if this was the Ring Cortana stole from the Ark, is all this life grown by the ring at an advanced rate? It has to be the case, animals mature fast somtimes I suppose. But then again, it was a few years after halo 3…

Are there any books explaining the inner workings of creating the Halos?

The only books I can think of (and I’m going off my husband’s knowledge because I haven’t read them) are the Forerunner Trilogy books.

On a complete side note: Master Chief has some SKINNY legs at the end of that trailer…

I think adding more wildlife in the game adds more depth in the world general which I liked about Reach in the beginning.

allowing us to interact with the wildlife was a fun part of Reach and i hope they bring it back

What if we could ride the Rhinos?!? Have a part where everyone is running from the enemy so we hop on the back of one in a herd to safety. Hmm…that seems slightly far fetched since as a Spartan you’re always running into danger but I’m sure there could be some kind of application there.

Aside from 343 simply showing a demo of the new game engine, each halo was supposed to be teeming with life. However I think game engine and console limitations back in the day severely limited that. I think it would add an immersive feel to the next game if there was more wildlife in the environment.

> 2533274819597496;6:
> The only books I can think of (and I’m going off my husband’s knowledge because I haven’t read them) are the Forerunner Trilogy books.
>
> On a complete side note: Master Chief has some SKINNY legs at the end of that trailer…

Hahaha! I was pleasantly enjoying the demo and then as soon as the leg was visible, “Uhmm… Supersoldier has super atrophy?” :’)

It could be great if the wildlife would be indeed shootable. Much like the Moas you mentioned. Other could be different types of fishes that you can grenade and quadwings in Halo 2 for aerial testing.

Just maybe not survival mechanics. The Halo has already mixed other stuff to it and I wouldnt need survival aspects to it.

As for the elements. I think that since the suit is capable of keeping wearer alive in space then in a place where wildlife can live then the SPARTAN can also survive there.

> 2533274890014309;12:
> It could be great if the wildlife would be indeed shootable. Much like the Moas you mentioned. Other could be different types of fishes that you can grenade and quadwings in Halo 2 for aerial testing.
>
> Just maybe not survival mechanics. The Halo has already mixed other stuff to it and I wouldnt need survival aspects to it.
>
> As for the elements. I think that since the suit is capable of keeping wearer alive in space then in a place where wildlife can live then the SPARTAN can also survive there.

Very valid point but I meant elements in the sense of finding food to survive. Granted, I’m not a super halo nerd like my husband who knows all the semantics of the different Spartans (I, II, IV, etc) but I’m sure they need food to survive. Normally we’re saving others from an invaded world. I think it would be fascinating if we were “thrown” into a world where there was no escape per se. We were sent there without any resources or way home to rescue others but then had to keep those around us alive, while keeping ourselves alive too until we could be rescued. I understand that would add a huge element to the game but overall, I still think it would be cool. More of a, our choices affect those around us, instead of just completely “objective is complete”.

> 2533274819597496;13:
> > 2533274890014309;12:
> > It could be great if the wildlife would be indeed shootable. Much like the Moas you mentioned. Other could be different types of fishes that you can grenade and quadwings in Halo 2 for aerial testing.
> >
> > Just maybe not survival mechanics. The Halo has already mixed other stuff to it and I wouldnt need survival aspects to it.
> >
> > As for the elements. I think that since the suit is capable of keeping wearer alive in space then in a place where wildlife can live then the SPARTAN can also survive there.
>
> Very valid point but I meant elements in the sense of finding food to survive. Granted, I’m not a super halo nerd like my husband who knows all the semantics of the different Spartans (I, II, IV, etc) but I’m sure they need food to survive. Normally we’re saving others from an invaded world. I think it would be fascinating if we were “thrown” into a world where there was no escape per se. We were sent there without any resources or way home to rescue others but then had to keep those around us alive, while keeping ourselves alive too until we could be rescued. I understand that would add a huge element to the game but overall, I still think it would be cool. More of a, our choices affect those around us, instead of just completely “objective is complete”.

Maybe in some spin off it could work but im just not sure about if it could work in a main storyline which has already so much going on and to wrap up like all the business with the created, apparent return of the flood, the banished etc etc… all this likely & hopefully from Chiefs perspective since its apparently continuation of the main storyline.

I just dont see as to why should the core game mechanic be changed to possible finale of the current saga from rather linear FPS that focuses on storyline through gameplay, in-game dialogue, cutscenes etc etc… to a survival type of gameplay what in my opinion, is better used with many other games with protagonists that find such things as crafting more useful to add to the game mechanics themselves.

The point being that with all the things going on right now I dont see much of a reason to draw focus away from the other things to add more character based game mechanics/restrictions.
Its bit of a simplified example but people dont tend to add parts where characters take a leak either. It could be same basic principle as a game mechanic where a meter fills up over the time.

Not saying that there wouldnt be a survival Halo game at some point but I just dont think this is the game where such mechanics should be implemented.

Yeah, that sounds better. A separate spin off game. I wish I knew the books better so I could make a judgement call there but oh well. Regardless, I wanna see more wildlife :slight_smile:

There is speculation of Infinite being more open-world like modern games, or at the very least expansive like Halo CE.

> 2533274866906624;16:
> There is speculation of Infinite being more open-world like modern games, or at the very least expansive like Halo CE.

It would be interesting to say the least BUT I feel like that would be a huge risk and wouldn’t necessarily be halo. Being like Halo CE, I could see that but open world completely? That’s changing halo completely and I don’t see that going over well.

To add: I would love to see a side halo game with those kind of aspects: aka open world, survival, etc. Like the books that follow Kelley, where “survival” was more of a forefront. Imagine that! Halo: Kelley’s Story lol…I’d buy it, that’s for sure :wink: Definitely would be PRE-Halo 5 though.

> 2533274819597496;17:
> > 2533274866906624;16:
> > There is speculation of Infinite being more open-world like modern games, or at the very least expansive like Halo CE.
>
> It would be interesting to say the least BUT I feel like that would be a huge risk and wouldn’t necessarily be halo. Being like Halo CE, I could see that but open world completely? That’s changing halo completely and I don’t see that going over well.
>
> To add: I would love to see a side halo game with those kind of aspects: aka open world, survival, etc. Like the books that follow Kelley, where “survival” was more of a forefront. Imagine that! Halo: Kelley’s Story lol…I’d buy it, that’s for sure :wink: Definitely would be PRE-Halo 5 though.

I think that an open-world survival game would fair best with a marine/odst as the main character, since they are more vulnerable.