why

I’m pretty positive I haven’t quit a game in 2 days, and I’m still getting banned from games. I just played a game after not playing for 4-5 hours and it kicked me out first thing!!! When I do quit i quit when i’m alone like exp: Points attack, or whatever its called in Firefight where the player plays alone. I recenlty just started killing myself to make the round go by faster cause of the gametype i don’t want to play. I’m wondering if bans happen because I get kicked out of games. Not for betrayal. I just get kicked, it says everyone left and gives me points for (GAME COMPLETION) Why is this happening to a decent player??? Please help!!!

Hi there! First - the sticky that you saw is more for people who are credit banned, not quit banned.

In your case, those games you’re getting kicked from are counting as quits, unfortunately. The game doesn’t differentiate between lagging out (which is what’s happening to you) and someone quitting/getting booted. (Reason being, what’s stopping you from just yanking out the ethernet cord if you’re losing? and other such reasons.)

What’s your internet situation like for your 360?

I’m sharing a modem with 3 other appliances that’s using it. Being lagged out is considered quitting?

> I’m sharing a modem with 3 other appliances that’s using it. Being lagged out is considered quitting?

Yep.

Its just frusterating because I would’ve gotten the challenges thus getting promoted if not for the banning due to the lagging out. :confused: I feel like i’ve wasted 5 hrs of gameplay for nothing!!!

> Its just frusterating because I would’ve gotten the challenges thus getting promoted if not for the banning due to the lagging out. :confused: I feel like i’ve wasted 5 hrs of gameplay for nothing!!!

Quit bans have nothing to do with credits. You still get credits, and can collect credits, the ban is just a 10 min “timeout” ban because of “quiting”. So after the 10 mins you can go back and play again and earn credits. First you should turn off or unplug some of those other things using the internet so you wont lag out.

> > Its just frusterating because I would’ve gotten the challenges thus getting promoted if not for the banning due to the lagging out. :confused: I feel like i’ve wasted 5 hrs of gameplay for nothing!!!
>
> Quit bans have nothing to do with credits. You still get credits, and can collect credits, the ban is just a 10 min “timeout” ban because of “quiting”. So after the 10 mins you can go back and play again and earn credits. First you should turn off or unplug some of those other things using the internet so you wont lag out.

That’s the best option you have here. Power off some of the other devices using the net before you play. The less traffic on the router, the less chance you have to lag out.

Ok, thanks for the advice. thanks for all your help.

You mentioned the magic word Firefight.

Unfortunately the way FF is setup in MM if the host quits or lags out it goes down a as quit against you and all the other players as well. Even though you complete the game and get credits for it the banhammer will still mark you as a quit. I mainly nowadays do Score Attack for that very reason.

Usually 3 quits in a row puts you on probation and you get a warning message. Any subsequent quits for 48 hours after that warning gives you a 10 minute ban.

Good news is that if you dont play or quit a game for 48 hours from your last quit the probation will be lifted and then you can afford to quit some game.

yea, I just started Score Attack a few days ago trying to raise my commendations,(i don’t do social ff unless i play with friends and we never quit our games). I just didn’t figure that quitting in Score Attack would get me banned, I mean you’re on your own no one gets hurt when you quit, so why get banned? The banner came up once, and kicked me out of the game saying that i’ve been banned from playing mm.