Why you shouldn't pre-order Halo: Infinite

After seeing the Halo: Infinite teaser at E3 2018, people were super excited, and I was too. But when it’s available to pre-order, just don’t pre-order it. Remember the Halo 5 teasers and trailers? What they showed was so much different than the actual game, and people were pretty pissed about that. A fair amount of people pre-ordered that game, and were sad about how it turned out. Unless Halo: Infinite is confirmed to be the way it looks (On a Halo ring, classic art, story the way its teased, etc.) don’t pre-order it.

I recommend not pre-ordering any game ever in the future. There are a few exceptions , but in the late 80s early 90s ; pre-ordering was almost necessary as you may not get a copy at launch if you didn’t , but with today’s market and digital distribution there is absolutely no need except with limited run physical releases.

I like what 343i showed in the game engine demo. I’m not pre ordering though. I’ll see what they show us, but I might not buy Infinite until after release, or until I have done my homework. I went dark on Halo 5 running up to release, I wanted no spoilers, a big mistake on my part.

I would never have bought Halo 5 if I had known more. I’m very much against rng loot based systems, that alone will stop me buying Halo Infinite. It’s not the only reason I stopped playing Halo 5, but it’s a reason I don’t buy certain titles anymore.

I’ll be watching Halo Infinite, and a few other upcoming MS exclusives very closely.

Don’t get your hopes down, even if Halo Infinite were to turn horrible than their previous games then 343i will just read the community’s feedback. They are also giving us a beta for the game to see which mistakes they can repair to make Infinite a successful Halo. Besides, if you don’t pre-order then there’s a chance you’ll miss out on the limited-time content that’ll be included in it, they’re probably going to release special editions of the game as well (i.e. Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, etc.)

Whether or not one should preorder any game is up to subjective preference. You could argue that making any preorders of digital releases is a moot action (in the grand scheme of things, getting a skin for your AR/BR/whatever ain’t worth it), but if you know you will buy it: sure why not. I doubt Halo: Infinite is going to be a unplayable trainwreck, no Halo game has been, so I will preorder. Still I completely understand if some folks are more cautious than me. It’s your money, so It’s your choice.

I don’t think you should pre-order anything. Wait for the game to come out, wait for reviews, research the game based on what you care about in a game, then buy. Safest way to not waste your money.

Im sure I will get Infinite even if it’s a flop because I’m a Halo fan, but I don’t preorder anything out of principle. I don’t believe in paying for something that isn’t finished that you can’t take possession of.

> 2533274989469309;4:
> Don’t get your hopes down, even if Halo Infinite were to turn horrible than their previous games then 343i will just read the community’s feedback. They are also giving us a beta for the game to see which mistakes they can repair to make Infinite a successful Halo. Besides, if you don’t pre-order then there’s a chance you’ll miss out on the limited-time content that’ll be included in it, they’re probably going to release special editions of the game as well (i.e. Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition, etc.)

Yeah but remeber the Destiny 2 Beta? It looked sooo good but the final game was trash.

I’ll succumb to the hype and pre-order four of the suckers!!!

I think the pre-order may be safe given the improvements of game launches under 343i. 343i should be more forthcoming this time around. There is 0% chance the game is a total wreck. This is a AAA studio backed by Microsoft we are talking about. I know TMCC wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t the worst, and those people who purchased it early were compensated at least (Halo ODST). If you are going to buy the game no matter what, you might as well enjoy your pre-order content! But definitely don’t get in the habit of pre-ordering games by unknown publishers, that is sound advice.

Like others have said it is relatively subjective, but Halo has a decent track record I think. I have liked certain aspects of all of the games, although imperfect.

I am usually highly against pre-ordering…with the exception if the metal case of the limited edition looks cool. Then I’ll consider it haha.

> 2535434983195984;1:
> Unless Halo: Infinite is confirmed to be the way it looks (On a Halo ring, classic art, story the way its teased, etc.) don’t pre-order it.

Or just don’t pre-order, ever. Wait for reviews to come out, follow the development process, stay informed as a gamer so you can make educated decisions
about you gaming purchases. There is no way to “confirm” a game will be one you like aside from actually playing it yourself. All you can do before then is just get as much info as possible, but no amount of info you get before playing it will tell you if you’ll actually like it.

I’m still gonna do it. I always play Halo day one.

Honestly not preordering any game is a solid policy, especially since you can digitally purchase a game at any moment anywhere nowadays. That said a preorder is also a great show of faith in a developer, trusting them to give you a good product.

I’d probably wait for much more actual information before I would consider Halo Infinite. Halo always has fun/weird marketing strategies, just have to base your purchase on actual gameplay knowledge rather than just hype trailers.

You shouldn’t preorder because not only is it not available for preorder, we know nothing about the game. Simple

> 2535434983195984;1:
> After seeing the Halo: Infinite teaser at E3 2018, people were super excited, and I was too. But when it’s available to pre-order, just don’t pre-order it. Remember the Halo 5 teasers and trailers? What they showed was so much different than the actual game, and people were pretty pissed about that. A fair amount of people pre-ordered that game, and were sad about how it turned out. Unless Halo: Infinite is confirmed to be the way it looks (On a Halo ring, classic art, story the way its teased, etc.) don’t pre-order it.

Nice try turd. Trying to get all the pre orders for your self. I’m pre-ordering at least two for sure.

> 2533274798869988;16:
> > 2535434983195984;1:
> > After seeing the Halo: Infinite teaser at E3 2018, people were super excited, and I was too. But when it’s available to pre-order, just don’t pre-order it. Remember the Halo 5 teasers and trailers? What they showed was so much different than the actual game, and people were pretty pissed about that. A fair amount of people pre-ordered that game, and were sad about how it turned out. Unless Halo: Infinite is confirmed to be the way it looks (On a Halo ring, classic art, story the way its teased, etc.) don’t pre-order it.
>
> Nice try turd. Trying to get all the pre orders for your self. I’m pre-ordering at least two for sure.

Oh yeah? I’m gonna pre-order four. AND the console.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274798869988;16:
> > 2535434983195984;1:
> > After seeing the Halo: Infinite teaser at E3 2018, people were super excited, and I was too. But when it’s available to pre-order, just don’t pre-order it. Remember the Halo 5 teasers and trailers? What they showed was so much different than the actual game, and people were pretty pissed about that. A fair amount of people pre-ordered that game, and were sad about how it turned out. Unless Halo: Infinite is confirmed to be the way it looks (On a Halo ring, classic art, story the way its teased, etc.) don’t pre-order it.
>
> Nice try turd. Trying to get all the pre orders for your self. I’m pre-ordering at least two for sure.

:laughing:

I’m not pre ordering for sure. 343i or any game dev for that matter can’t be trusted.

No game this generation is worth pre-ordering.

Pre-ordering has helped Publishers to become even more greedy. Without any care for quality of the product. In past gens, releasing a broken game would be a serious hit to the company and franchise. But because there are gamers who are ok with paying to beta test a product, we’ve reached a point in gaming history where a Beta product is the most played game on every system, Fortnite*.

And guys, that’s really not ok.

(*despite it being a really fun game, with great forward thinking cross play, you shouldn’t be putting money down for a unfinished product).