Why would you take these out 343i?

Hey guys. I love Halo, been playing it for years, every game. Sadly, some of the things 343i took out just left me stunned. I still enjoy Halo 4, but it could be so much better if 343i wouldn’t have taken so much out. Anyways, I’m going to list the things that should be added back into the game to truly maximize its potential. If you agree, please favorite, and maybe 343 will take a look themselves. Discuss.

1. More vehicles - Honestly, I don’t see the point of taking out vehicles, why not keep them all, even if some are only in Forge mode. Revenant, Falcon, Hornet, to name a few, should all make a return, especially the Falcon. After all, the UNSC should have an air vehicle…

2. More weapons - Same applies here, the SMG should’ve been back, along with the Needle Rifle and Focus Rifle, many more too.

3. Forge World Maps - The supposed “Forge World” maps in this game are brutal. I don’t care if you bring the same one over from Reach, I’d still be happy. Some of the most fun I had in Reach was on that huge landscape presented by Forge World. The ones in Halo 4 are a disgrace to Forge.

4. Custom Games options - there are other detailed threads about this, but I’ll just say that 343 should’ve imported the same options presented in Halo Reach, since they were pretty much perfect.

5. Armors - Not a real big deal, but this game is lacking some key Halo Armors that should be here. My favorites that are missing are the ODST, MARK V, and CQB. I don’t see any purpose in taking those out, especially the MARK V which essentially was the first Master Chief armor.

6. More remade maps - I’d love to see some Halo 2/3 Maps other than Ragnarok, which was one of the worst ones in my opinion. Even some Halo: Reach ones would be great.(Spire and Sword Base for example)

Let me know what you guys think about my ideas. Don’t get me wrong either, I’m not some troll, I still love this game. I just feel it didn’t reach it’s full potential. It could be so much better with its lovely engine.

1. I totally agree, the missing unsc air vehicle is something that will be missed. No air-transport vehicles

2. The weapons this time around work pretty well, and all of the ones from past games get a spiritual successor or a improvement. While we could just add them all, several would be too similar and redundant.

3&4. Can’t really say as i haven’t gotten to customs and forge quite yet, but the community seems to be quite upset about them.

1. I was struck a bit on a personal note when they removed my armor and emblem since halo 3 (CQB and the “capsule”). I get the whole “new art direction” thing but taking out this and other classic armor is saddening. Removing the classic halo 1 helmet was also downright puzzling

2. Meh, Ragnarok is enough for me. New maps are more fun for me personally.

I really dislike the removal of a UNSC air vehicle, real shame.

The thing that annoys me most is the removal of Assault and the butchering of the CTF gametype. The classic CTF variant should still be in there and this new CTF should be an entirely new gametype that goes alongside the classic mode.

No idea what 343 were thinking with these removals. BTB is boring as hell now without objective types in there to mix it up.

I was gonna agree with you until I saw this:

“Even some Halo: Reach ones would be great.(Spire and Sword Base for example)”

You don’t have to agree with them all, i was just picking examples.

Exactly, there needs to be what was here originally then they can add more, to make it a real sequel.

Yea thats the thread i was referring to earlier.

The only thing I’m mad about is the lack of custom game options. Impact is plenty big enough if you utilize it properly. There are a lot of weapons in the game. Of all maps to remake, why would you want sword base? It’s the morst poorly designed map in the history of first person shooters.

> I was gonna agree with you until I saw this:
>
> “Even some Halo: Reach ones would be great.(Spire and Sword Base for example)”

I don’t know why you -Yoinks!- give Reach so much hate, considering it was the game that started your beloved H4’s loadouts and armor abilities.

The ODST and Mark V armor wouldn’t make any sense since the multiplayer is canon now. SPARTANs don’t actually wear any part ODST armor, and the Mark V is too outdated and would be disadvantageous to use with the [GEN2]. There’s no reason for there not to be an updated CQB helmet, though.

The SMG is also pointless without dual-wielding.

> The ODST and Mark V armor wouldn’t make any sense since the multiplayer is canon now. SPARTANs don’t actually wear any part ODST armor, and the Mark V is too outdated and would be disadvantageous to use with the [GEN2]. There’s no reason for there not to be an updated CQB helmet, though.
>
> The SMG is also pointless without dual-wielding.

In all seriousness there isn’t much canon to the MP other than that starter video and tutorial after that (Unless there’s more that I don’t know of). Also who cares, some of these helmets are so ugly I don’t think you would see a anyone in their right mind wearing one, much less a BA Spartan.

They took out my smiley emblem. I used that since Halo 2

Overall, nothing shouldve really been taken out except a few guns possibly. In my opinion, the more content the better.

I would really like a forge world. I loved play BTB on forge world. Playing the same boring maps gets boring sometimes.

> Hey guys. I love Halo, been playing it for years, every game. Sadly, some of the things 343i took out just left me stunned. I still enjoy Halo 4, but it could be so much better if 343i wouldn’t have taken so much out. Anyways, I’m going to list the things that should be added back into the game to truly maximize its potential. If you agree, please favorite, and maybe 343 will take a look themselves. Discuss.
>
> 1. More vehicles - Honestly, I don’t see the point of taking out vehicles, why not keep them all, even if some are only in Forge mode. Revenant, Falcon, Hornet, to name a few, should all make a return, especially the Falcon. After all, the UNSC should have an air vehicle…
>
> 2. More weapons - Same applies here, the SMG should’ve been back, along with the Needle Rifle and Focus Rifle, many more too.
>
> 3. Forge World Maps - The supposed “Forge World” maps in this game are brutal. I don’t care if you bring the same one over from Reach, I’d still be happy. Some of the most fun I had in Reach was on that huge landscape presented by Forge World. The ones in Halo 4 are a disgrace to Forge.
>
> 4. Custom Games options - there are other detailed threads about this, but I’ll just say that 343 should’ve imported the same options presented in Halo Reach, since they were pretty much perfect.
>
> 5. Armors - Not a real big deal, but this game is lacking some key Halo Armors that should be here. My favorites that are missing are the ODST, MARK V, and CQB. I don’t see any purpose in taking those out, especially the MARK V which essentially was the first Master Chief armor.
>
> 6. More remade maps - I’d love to see some Halo 2/3 Maps other than Ragnarok, which was one of the worst ones in my opinion. Even some Halo: Reach ones would be great.(Spire and Sword Base for example)
>
> Let me know what you guys think about my ideas. Don’t get me wrong either, I’m not some troll, I still love this game. I just feel it didn’t reach it’s full potential. It could be so much better with its lovely engine.

1: Completely agree. I miss the Falcon.

2: Kind of agree. I don’t care about the SMG or Focus Rifle being gone, but I am disappointed that the Needle Rifle and Grenade Launcher are gone.

3: I agree that the current Forge maps are a bit too small, but that’s it.

4: Sure.

5: Agree. ODST and MARK V armor would be nice.

6: Sort of agree. I would like some maps from Halo 2 remade (mostly New Mombossa themed maps) but that’s it, I’d prefer no remakes for maps that are playable on the Xbox 360 (I’m looking at you, Ragnarok).

Yea i guess i kind of take back the focus rifle…that gun was only ok.