Why would you include Halo 2/3 maps in the CE:A pack?

It makes no sense. This is a remake to celebrate 10 years of CE, not Halo as a franchise. It aims to bring back the boldness and uniqueness of the first game and expose it to today’s audience. That includes the maps. People don’t seem to understand that Beaver Creek is only in over Battle Creek due to the ladders factor. It’s a very minor change.

The first Halo has a ton of great maps, many of which have never had exposure beyond the fanbase who still swears by CE. You’ll need the Halo 2 maps for the remake, which we all know is in your rainy day fund for 2013/14 to fill the new-game-every-year goal by Microsoft. If maps like Prisoner, Rat Race, the ORIGINAL Sidewinder (lol Avalanche), any number of the Halo PC maps, or even Chiron were ignored in favor of the usual overplayed maps from later games, I would be incredibly disappointed in 343i.

Because CE doesn’t have enough good Reach compatable maps and it’s celebrating Halo as a series so they’re just bringing back fan favorites and I’m sure they put a lot of hard thought into which maps they are going to put in and they’ve probably had long arguments in the office about which maps will be returning.

They’ve never specified that it’s CE specific. In the trailer it says “7 of the greatest multiplayer maps of all time”. And, IMO, the greatest maps aren’t solely in CE.

Ω

I’ve just accepted it for what it is. They didn’t need to make the game at all, but they are. I’m happy face.

If they make a Sidewinder remake though, I’m going to cream my pants.

Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.

A lot of the CE maps would suck in Reach, as you probably know. Besides, I’d rather see a wider scope of classics than all of the super-classics soiled. There are many Halo 3 maps I want to play in Reach, and many Halo 2 maps I simply miss competitive play on.

> Because CE doesn’t have enough good Reach compatable maps and it’s celebrating Halo as a series so they’re just bringing back fan favorites and I’m sure they put a lot of hard thought into which maps they are going to put in and they’ve probably had long arguments in the office about which maps will be returning.

This. A lot of maps won’t work with reach’s mechanics. Just be glad we get to relive our favourite maps from all Halo games. :slight_smile:

> Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.

True, I was getting sick of gray and green.

> > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
>
> True, I was getting sick of gray and green.

I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.

> > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> >
> > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
>
> I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.

One word, Damnation. :slight_smile:

> > > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> > >
> > > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
> >
> > I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.
>
> One word, Damnation. :slight_smile:

I’m more partial to Boarding Action and Chiron! But Damnation is awesome, too!

> > > > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> > > >
> > > > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
> > >
> > > I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.
> >
> > One word, Damnation. :slight_smile:
>
> I’m more partial to Boarding Action and Chiron! But Damnation is awesome, too!

Boarding Action would be awesome, especially with Reach’s low gravity mechanics for space.

> > > > > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> > > > >
> > > > > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
> > > >
> > > > I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.
> > >
> > > One word, Damnation. :slight_smile:
> >
> > I’m more partial to Boarding Action and Chiron! But Damnation is awesome, too!
>
> Boarding Action would be awesome, especially with Reach’s low gravity mechanics for space.

Imagine jumping from one side to the other!!!

> > > > > > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
> > > > >
> > > > > I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.
> > > >
> > > > One word, Damnation. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > I’m more partial to Boarding Action and Chiron! But Damnation is awesome, too!
> >
> > Boarding Action would be awesome, especially with Reach’s low gravity mechanics for space.
>
> Imagine jumping from one side to the other!!!

And getting gunned down on the way there. XD

I’m sure they’ll have to change a few things to make it work, but it would be awesome to see what new possibilities 343i is capable of with Reach’s engine.

> > Because CE doesn’t have enough good Reach compatable maps and it’s celebrating Halo as a series so they’re just bringing back fan favorites and I’m sure they put a lot of hard thought into which maps they are going to put in and they’ve probably had long arguments in the office about which maps will be returning.
>
> This. A lot of maps won’t work with reach’s mechanics. Just be glad we get to relive our favourite maps from all Halo games. :slight_smile:

H2 or H3 maps on average won’t respond any differently to Reach’s gameplay than CE maps will. If anything Halo 2 maps would be the most damaged by AA’s, since map control was a bigger part of that game than it was in CE. And we don’t even know what the title update will entail, so they could make a few changes

Again, it’s a remake of Combat Evolved. Use maps from Combat Evolved. A lot of the less famous but still very well made maps in this game are almost completely forgotten (or never really acknowledged in the first place, without live). 343i needs to fix that, it would be criminal to see Prisoner, Infinity, and Rat Race passed up for -Yoinking!- Headlong and Guardian.

> > > > > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> > > > >
> > > > > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
> > > >
> > > > I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.
> > >
> > > One word, Damnation. :slight_smile:
> >
> > I’m more partial to Boarding Action and Chiron! But Damnation is awesome, too!
>
> Boarding Action would be awesome, especially with Reach’s low gravity mechanics for space.

Absolutely not. Low gravity areas were an -Yoink!- of an idea, and need to slowly die in a fire and never ever return to any competitive design scheme associated with Halo. And whoever first pitched the concept should be hit with a 3-wood.

> > > Who knows. But I’m happy to get maps that aren’t built in Forge. (I love Forge, though. Don’t get me wrong.
> >
> > True, I was getting sick of gray and green.
>
> I just want different pieces/color schemes. Covenant themed would awesome.

Agreed

<4

I hope they bring Valhalla and Sandtrap back. That’d be awesome

> > > Because CE doesn’t have enough good Reach compatable maps and it’s celebrating Halo as a series so they’re just bringing back fan favorites and I’m sure they put a lot of hard thought into which maps they are going to put in and they’ve probably had long arguments in the office about which maps will be returning.
> >
> > This. A lot of maps won’t work with reach’s mechanics. Just be glad we get to relive our favourite maps from all Halo games. :slight_smile:
>
> H2 or H3 maps on average won’t respond any differently to Reach’s gameplay than CE maps will. If anything Halo 2 maps would be the most damaged by AA’s, since map control was a bigger part of that game than it was in CE. And we don’t even know what the title update will entail, so they could make a few changes
>
> Again, it’s a remake of Combat Evolved. Use maps from Combat Evolved. A lot of the less famous but still very well made maps in this game are almost completely forgotten (or never really acknowledged in the first place, without live). 343i needs to fix that, it would be criminal to see Prisoner, Infinity, and Rat Race passed up for Yoink! Headlong and Guardian.

Ok ok I can’t believe you just said this sure I would be a little sad if Guardian got placed in over Prisoner or Infinity, but Headlong is amazing your crazy for saying those maps deserve a remake over HEADLONG!!

The game is celebrating 10 years of Halo. I’m fine with maps from 2/3. They are part of what made the last decade so awesome!