Why would we fight the Forerunners, again?

Title says it all, why would we fight them again? For Master Chief destroying a Halo ring (twice), as well as Installation 00? I don’t think this would cause the Forerunners to be in anger and wage war on us. Who here agrees?

Did they ever say we’re fighting Forerunners? Or am I a bit behind…

> Did they ever say we’re fighting Forerunners? Or am I a bit behind…

You’re not behind bro, some people believe that we’re going to be fighting the Forerunners, where the evidence points to the Precursors.

Humans are “Reclaimers” so I don’t think they would fight us. Most likely precursors or something else.

> > Did they ever say we’re fighting Forerunners? Or am I a bit behind…
>
> You’re not behind bro, some people believe that we’re going to be fighting the Forerunners, where the evidence points to the Precursors.

There is evidence that points to both, I’m just gonna wait till the game to find out.

When did we ever blow up the Ark?

> Humans are “Reclaimers” so I don’t think they would fight us. Most likely precursors or something else.

Which is valid enough reason for the Forerunners to hate us.

Forerunners thought they were going to inherit the Mantle, but the Precursors didn’t like the idea of that. When the Forerunners caught wind of it they destroyed most of the Precursors before they had a chance to do it to them.

In other words. They’re jealous.

In simple internet terms. They mad.

> > Humans are “Reclaimers” so I don’t think they would fight us. Most likely precursors or something else.
>
> Which is valid enough reason for the Forerunners to hate us.
>
> Forerunners thought they were going to inherit the Mantle, but the Precursors didn’t like the idea of that. When the Forerunners caught wind of it they destroyed most of the Precursors before they had a chance to do it to them.
>
> In other words. They’re jealous.
>
> In simple internet terms. They mad.

what is the mantle again?

I dont remember the first time…unless you count the novels.

> Did they ever say we’re fighting Forerunners? Or am I a bit behind…

This might help

>
> This might help

Doesn’t necessarily mean we will actually be FIGHTING them. We may be able to come a peaceful agreement to combat a mutual enemy (AKA Precursors). The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Did You guys read the book Cryptum? Because the forerunners don’t hate the humans yet don’t like them. We destroyed the Halo rings which the forerunners weren’t planning on using anyway untill some untold stuff happened… anyway we’re not fighting the Forerunners, or Precursors, or Flood, or whatever else. We’re fighting a faction of the covenant that still lives on because of disagreements between humans and the remaining covenant.

> Did You guys read the book Cryptum? Because the forerunners don’t hate the humans yet don’t like them. We destroyed the Halo rings which the forerunners weren’t planning on using anyway untill some untold stuff happened… anyway we’re not fighting the Forerunners, or Precursors, or Flood, or whatever else. We’re fighting a faction of the covenant that still lives on because of disagreements between humans and the remaining covenant.

Lol, we’re not fighting covy as the main enemy that’s for sure.

> Did You guys read the book Cryptum? Because the forerunners don’t hate the humans yet don’t like them. We destroyed the Halo rings which the forerunners weren’t planning on using anyway untill some untold stuff happened… anyway we’re not fighting the Forerunners, or Precursors, or Flood, or whatever else. <mark>We’re fighting a faction of the covenant that still lives on because of disagreements between humans and the remaining covenant.</mark>

Those Covenant are not the main enemy. The main enemy will be an Ancient Evil that we haven’t seen before.

> When did we ever blow up the Ark?

Halo 3…

Not neccesarily “blow up”, but we activated the incomplete ring which destroyed itself and damaged the Ark.

> > When did we ever blow up the Ark?
>
> Halo 3…
>
> Not neccesarily “blow up”, but we activated the incomplete ring which destroyed itself and damaged the Ark.

He used the word destroyed so… If it isn’t actually destroyed I don’t know why he said it.

When did we fight forerunners the first time?

We destroyed rings but we weren’t fighting forerunners we fought machines left behind to cleanse the rings of the flood, the flood and the covenant. Correct me if I’m wrong but we haven’t actually fought forerunners yet.

Halo CE Flood and Covenant
Halo 2 Flood and Covenant
Halo 3 Flood and Covenant
Halo: Reach Covenant

>
> This might help

Yeah…April 18th came and went and the UK Xbox magazine that was released in that time made no mention of Forerunner enemies at all.

Seriously folks, the Forerunners as enemies has so much against it.

> When did we fight forerunners the first time?
>
> We destroyed rings but we weren’t fighting forerunners we fought machines left behind to cleanse the rings of the flood, the flood and the covenant. Correct me if I’m wrong but we haven’t actually fought forerunners yet.
>
> Halo CE Flood and Covenant
> Halo 2 Flood and Covenant
> Halo 3 Flood and Covenant
> Halo: Reach Covenant

If you’ve read any of Greg Bear’s books we fought the forerunners millions of years ago in an ancient battle which resulted in us losing and the forerunners devolving us.

> > When did we fight forerunners the first time?
> >
> > We destroyed rings but we weren’t fighting forerunners we fought machines left behind to cleanse the rings of the flood, the flood and the covenant. Correct me if I’m wrong but we haven’t actually fought forerunners yet.
> >
> > Halo CE Flood and Covenant
> > Halo 2 Flood and Covenant
> > Halo 3 Flood and Covenant
> > Halo: Reach Covenant
>
> If you’ve read any of Greg Bear’s books we fought the forerunners <mark>millions of years ago</mark> in an ancient battle which resulted in us losing and the forerunners devolving us.

It was more in the range of thousands of years before the Forerunner-Flood War. About 10,000 if I recall.