Why would 343i care if people are playing?

At this point, copies have been sold, map packs have even been sold; so my question is, why should 343i care at all whether people are playing the game or not.

This isn’t a question to bash them at all; I am completely serious. What benefit is it to them to have more people playing the game?

The way I see it, they’ve done probably 90% of the sales they are going to do already. A good chunk of those have bought the map packs with the game because it was cheaper that way.

So for Halo 4’s sake, they’ve made their money (which is clearly their goal with the game), so why do they care what any of us think at this point?

The one thing I can think of is for future games, but regardless of how bad some people think Halo 4 may be (not saying I hate it, I’m bored, but it’s an OK game), the Halo fans will still buy Halo 5.

So my question is, what incentive is there for 343i to listen to any of the very good critiques we have to improve the game and get more people playing the game long term.

> At this point, copies have been sold, map packs have even been sold; so my question is, why should 343i care at all whether people are playing the game or not.
>
> This isn’t a question to bash them at all; I am completely serious. What benefit is it to them to have more people playing the game?
>
> The way I see it, they’ve done probably 90% of the sales they are going to do already. A good chunk of those have bought the map packs with the game because it was cheaper that way.
>
> So for Halo 4’s sake, they’ve made their money (which is clearly their goal with the game), so why do they care what any of us think at this point?
>
> The one thing I can think of is for future games, but regardless of how bad some people think Halo 4 may be (not saying I hate it, I’m bored, but it’s an OK game), the Halo fans will still buy Halo 5.
>
> So my question is, what incentive is there for 343i to listen to any of the very good critiques we have to improve the game and get more people playing the game long term.

Maybe because after 2 years Halo 3 had a higher population than Halo 4 does currently. All of these people would continue to buy map packs and other DLC which is extremely profitable for the game developer. How are they going to do this when barely anyone is playing this 2 months from now? Sure game sales are great, but when games go for 3 years they sell even more games, and they sell A LOT more DLC.

If 343 continues to disappoint less and less people will buy future Halo titles, which means less game sales and less DLC sales. Sure they might rake in a quick buck, but it is extremely unprofitable for them in the future.

This applies to any product or business model.

I thought I was getting a Halo game, not a game that is remarkably close to a game that I despise.

To keep the game popular when Halo 5 and 6 release, to sell merchandise, DLC such as avatars. . .

and more but I’m tired right now.

> why should 343i care at all whether people are playing the game or not…
> …What benefit is it to them to have more people playing the game?..
> …The way I see it, they’ve done probably 90% of the sales…
> …why do they care what any of us think at this point?..
> …what incentive is there for 343i to listen to any of the very good critiques we have to improve the game…

[Quote edited for space]

The big answer is that the community wants to feel like they are being listened to.

Sure all the money has been made, but a good company should take the extra effort to listen to their fan base.

They SHOULD NOT cave to request without proper research, but they should still take the time to research if enough complaints/suggestions are made.

Yeah they already stole our money and left us with this half broken game. Why should they care now. They already took our hard earned money.

If they don’t bring back Race and other custom games options. I am done with 343 and will be trading in Halo 4. I never thought this would happen! I am so mad.

Their incentive is to get reputation. The legacy of Halo CE,2,&3 will only last so long. Just look at Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, Doom, Goldeneye etc etc. They were all the AAA mega hits of their day. Everyone bought the sequals due to the epicness of the first trilogy or the success of the first game.

However people are not stupid forever. Keep releasing lack luster titles and eventually your franchise becomes irrelevant. Its happening already