Why won't WayPoint ban boosters?

This is NOT a “please” ban so-so thread, this is a “why has WayPoint not banned any boosters yet” thread.

Can a mod. please answer?

Is it because you guys don’t know how to look at the stats and understand the evidence? Is it because you guys don’t care? Is it because you guys don’t know how to open up an E-mail?

Quite frankly, I’m drawing a blank.

So my question is as fair as simple…Why has WayPoint not banned any boosters?

-Crusader

My best guess has to do with manpower and time, or the difficulty of determining whether or not a player has truly boosted or cheated, or a combination of these. To the best of my knowledge, Halo Wars doesn’t have a banhammer quite as efficient as those in Bungie’s games. But this is just me taking a stab at it.

Manpower and time. It’s just not a priority for them. Not like it matters now, but it’s a matter of principle. Right now they’re more of a publishing company than they are a gaming company. Halo Wars is a great game, and part of the Halo franchise, it deserved better than what MS has done to it. But it’s late in its life now. I’d honestly be fine if they ignored it, if it meant they were working on another one. It would be nice if companies would support their games, but there isn’t money in it and this is a business. It’s sad, but nothing we can say would make them devote the one or two people it would take to regulate Halo Wars, it’s just that low of a priority.

> Manpower and time. It’s just not a priority for them. Not like it matters now, but it’s a matter of principle. Right now they’re more of a publishing company than they are a gaming company. Halo Wars is a great game, and part of the Halo franchise, it deserved better than what MS has done to it. But it’s late in its life now. I’d honestly be fine if they ignored it, if it meant they were working on another one. It would be nice if companies would support their games, but there isn’t money in it and this is a business. It’s sad, but nothing we can say would make them devote the one or two people it would take to regulate Halo Wars, it’s just that low of a priority.

I agree with basically everything you said. However, I want a mod. to say it.

> > Manpower and time. It’s just not a priority for them. Not like it matters now, but it’s a matter of principle. Right now they’re more of a publishing company than they are a gaming company. Halo Wars is a great game, and part of the Halo franchise, it deserved better than what MS has done to it. But it’s late in its life now. I’d honestly be fine if they ignored it, if it meant they were working on another one. It would be nice if companies would support their games, but there isn’t money in it and this is a business. It’s sad, but nothing we can say would make them devote the one or two people it would take to regulate Halo Wars, it’s just that low of a priority.
>
> I agree with basically everything you said. However, I want a mod. to say it.

Good luck with that. It’s a higher-up company position. Probably not even an official one. So even if the mods were sympathetic, they still couldn’t tell you. That’s just the way the corporate cookie crumbles.

@RC: Remember that 343i is more than a gaming company. They handle absolutely any media related to the Halo Universe.

> @RC: Remember that 343i is more than a gaming company. They handle absolutely any media related to the Halo Universe.

Um… I know that. That’s why I said they were more of a publishing company. I wasn’t slighting them, I was just saying that they’re not focused on games quite yet. Reach is still handled by Bungie, and they’re building their dev team for the next Halo title, so I can see why they aren’t terribly concerned with HW.

But on the other hand… Halo Wars is under their control, and it’s a little telling how little concern they seem to have for it. RTS or not, it’s still a Halo game. Not only that, but it isn’t obsolete either. I could definitely understand cutting support for Halo 3 and other games: they want people to go out and buy Reach. It isn’t really that immoral when you consider that they’re a business and their first goal is profit. But there isn’t an equivalent game for Halo Wars, and it really wouldn’t take that many people to fix the problems.

I’ll make a deal with you 343. You make another Halo Wars game (a decent one that at least improves a little on the first), and I’ll buy ALL of the Halo books and some other paraphernalia too. :wink:

My bad for misunderstanding :wink:

However, I don’t think that there is a lack of concern for Halo Wars, as much as they are unable to make it a priority. No matter how much the individuals at 343i, or the studio as a whole want to help, they also know that there are an even greater number of things that matter to more people than Halo Wars does, and they can’t always help both, and in these scenarios, Halo Wars is the loser. They also have to serve the bidding of Microsoft.

Honestly, can’t I just have some closure—all the mods have to say is “Halo Wars is not supported and therefore we will not ban boosters”.

Seriously. What more proof do they need other than just looking at the front page? It’s truly disgusting. I don’t think there is 1 legit 50 on there. It really discourages me from even trying to play competitively when bad kid boosters get 50’s in 7 games off of deranked accounts… Waypoint has really let me down with this whole ordeal and it really makes me question whether or not i’ll buy anything related to halo again.

> Honestly, can’t I just have some closure—all the mods have to say is “Halo Wars is not supported and therefore we will not ban boosters”.

That would be lying, because they do carry the mantle of responsibility for HWars. The truth is that they just don’t care.

> Seriously. What more proof do they need other than just looking at the front page? It’s truly disgusting. I don’t think there is 1 legit 50 on there. It really discourages me from even trying to play competitively when bad kid boosters get 50’s in 7 games off of deranked accounts… Waypoint has really let me down with this whole ordeal and it really makes me question whether or not i’ll buy anything related to halo again.

We need to do something here to get more attention.

such as?

Does it matter toooooo much?? If you’re good you know you’re good. If you’re lame and get boosted then who cares about you.

Devil’s Advocate: Why bother doing a ladder if you’re not managing it properly. Even though I don’t care I know in games that had managed ladders that I was a part of I cared a lot for a while.