Why were Covenant and Prometheans fighting?

On the level Osiris, there’s an achievement for specifically helping a Storm Covenant General wipe out the Prometheans. But last we saw (in the games at least) they were allies. Was it just the Prometheans of Requiem and Ur-Didact doesn’t have control over the others (for some nonsensical reason)? Did they turn against Mdama for yeeting Requiem into the star? Or did something happen in Escalation? (or is it some weird oversight?)

(Last time I assumed it was an oversight, it was “oh Bungie didn’t realize Truth turned against the Sangheili weeks after ODST” and it turned out to be a twist that he framed Regret so :man_shrugging:)

ahhh Halo 5’s story back at it again…

There’s probably some weird explanation in a comic book that a grand total of 7 people have read, but it’s never stated in the game. The closest they get to explaining it is when Tanaka says something along the lines of “it must’ve hurt ‘Mdama’s reputation when the Prometheans turned on him”.

> 2535411993815954;2:
> There’s probably some weird explanation in a comic book that a grand total of 7 people have read, but it’s never stated in the game. The closest they get to explaining it is when Tanaka says something along the lines of “it must’ve hurt ‘Mdama’s reputation when the Prometheans turned on him”.

Ugh. Along with Vale only briefly alluding to the Janus key. God. I try to go easy on 343 but changing gears twice in a trilogy is just sad.

Edit: Also I see your Halo 4 ODST helmet. Mark V solidarity. They’ll add it to MCC one of these years :confused:

The Prometheans were only working with the covi on requiem on the Diadact’s order. I think when Cortana started taking over things she simply ordered the Prometheans to no longer ally with the covi. Another way to look at it is the Prometheans in that level weren’t ever under Diadact’s orders and were set to just defend the planet or the guardian or whatever. So yeah pick your answer.

> 2533274849645270;4:
> The Prometheans were only working with the covi on requiem on the Diadact’s order. I think when Cortana started taking over things she simply ordered the Prometheans to no longer ally with the covi. Another way to look at it is the Prometheans in that level weren’t ever under Diadact’s orders and were set to just defend the planet or the guardian or whatever. So yeah pick your answer.

why in 5 years have I not picked up on the fact Cortana was doing it? :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

But then why did she have them attack the Swords as well? Sure, Warden was there, and Cortana and Thel only knew each other for a grand total of about 45 minutes but…