Why "Week of the 15th" ?

Why don’t they just tell us it’s on Wed. or Thurs.? Or give us any specificity to it? It’s not like this is a fun surprise on Christmas morning if you’re not sure you’re getting that Red Ryder BB Gun, this is kind of torturous to us. Is it because they just roll them out and it’s arbitrary as to who gets them? Or is it because they’re putting finishing touches?

Not sure if anyone actually knows, but I wanted to know if anyone did. Also, do we know how they handled the Battle of Shadow and Light update? I didn’t really pay attention to that one.

Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.

Oh okay, awesome! Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it. This sheds a lot of light on every update ever.

That and they probably like Tuesdays

> 2533274883849234;2:
> Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.

So lay down a release date that is later on and concrete. Then if it’s available earlier, release it early.

Instead of “the week of the 15th” say the 18th, or even the 25th. Concrete release dates are important because they build hype.

> 2535425970559649;5:
> > 2533274883849234;2:
> > Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.
>
>
> So lay down a release date that is later on and concrete. Then if it’s available earlier, release it early.
>
> Instead of “the week of the 15th” say the 18th, or even the 25th. Concrete release dates are important because they build hype.

It also gives them room for error, if they are finishing some final tweaks and something happens just before they send it out for let’s say the 15th then saying “the week of” gives them the ability to fix the hiccup and have it release on the 16th. Yeah having a precise date builds hype, but I don’t get how having a release date like this doesn’t since it could happen at any time. Also if they put an exact release date and something did happen that would cause it to delay you know how much flak 343 would get for “being lazy” or “not doing their jobs”, it’s always smart to have that room for error.

In the Battle of Light and Shadow, they released it 1 day after the date they said, after all, last time they also said “the week of”. However I believe they launched it a day late because of a power outage at 343i. The update better be done by now though, they better freakin stick it out today on my day off work 343pls

> 2533274882036522;6:
> > 2535425970559649;5:
> > > 2533274883849234;2:
> > > Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.
> >
> >
> > So lay down a release date that is later on and concrete. Then if it’s available earlier, release it early.
> >
> > Instead of “the week of the 15th” say the 18th, or even the 25th. Concrete release dates are important because they build hype.
>
>
> It also gives them room for error, if they are finishing some final tweaks and something happens just before they send it out for let’s say the 15th then saying “the week of” gives them the ability to fix the hiccup and have it release on the 16th. Yeah having a precise date builds hype, but I don’t get how having a release date like this doesn’t since it could happen at any time. Also if they put an exact release date and something did happen that would cause it to delay you know how much flak 343 would get for “being lazy” or “not doing their jobs”, it’s always smart to have that room for error.

Ya, im saying leave room for error by setting a later release date.

Having a vague release window does not build hype it builds disapppintment because most people see “week of 15th” as the 15th and anything later than the 15th a disappointment.

> 2535425970559649;8:
> > 2533274882036522;6:
> > > 2535425970559649;5:
> > > > 2533274883849234;2:
> > > > Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.
> > >
> > >
> > > So lay down a release date that is later on and concrete. Then if it’s available earlier, release it early.
> > >
> > > Instead of “the week of the 15th” say the 18th, or even the 25th. Concrete release dates are important because they build hype.
> >
> >
> > It also gives them room for error, if they are finishing some final tweaks and something happens just before they send it out for let’s say the 15th then saying “the week of” gives them the ability to fix the hiccup and have it release on the 16th. Yeah having a precise date builds hype, but I don’t get how having a release date like this doesn’t since it could happen at any time. Also if they put an exact release date and something did happen that would cause it to delay you know how much flak 343 would get for “being lazy” or “not doing their jobs”, it’s always smart to have that room for error.
>
>
> Ya, im saying leave room for error by setting a later release date.
>
> Having a vague release window does not build hype it builds disapppintment because most people see “week of 15th” as the 15th and anything later than the 15th a disappointment.

That’s the fan’s fault, not 343i. If they say “week of 15th” then they mean week of 15th. Not on the 15th specifically. More than half the time it’s the fans who screw up when it comes to release dates or windows, not 343i.

Answered with regard to the last update, but it still holds:

> It’s releasing later this week.
>
> Lots of moving parts to release. Test, cert, service update/deployment, etc.
>
> Don’t want to promise a specific date when we don’t control all factors involved. @JoshingtonState

> 2533274883849234;2:
> Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.

Makes so much more sense now

Can we get Falcon’s in forge DLC???

looked ready to drop on Sunday if you ask me, what more fine tuning do these guys need?It been a month or so since the game was released and the vague date is just feeding the trolls. make an announcement or something 343i.

> 2533274883849234;2:

Perfect answer. Saved me a lot of typing.

Just imagine the hot, sweaty angst if they said it’d be released on the 15th, and then they had to push back two days. This keeps things calm and dry :wink:

> 2533275008762329;12:
> Can we get Falcon’s in forge DLC???

LMAO! NO! they already said what was coming with it.

> 2535425970559649;5:
> > 2533274883849234;2:
> > Because it’s an update, not DLC. Updates must go through the Microsoft cert testing before they can go online. Because of this, no one at 343i knows when the update will go out because cert testing can take anywhere from a few days to a week. Then there’s the chance that the update fails the cert testing, to which it must be delayed (this has happened with Minecraft updates in the past). Basically, the “week of insert date” is because they put the update through cert testing last week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, and the update will be completed some time this week.
>
>
> So lay down a release date that is later on and concrete. Then if it’s available earlier, release it early.
>
> Instead of “the week of the 15th” say the 18th, or even the 25th. Concrete release dates are important because they build hype.

I agree. I hoped by them saying “next week” they meant Sunday, after no Sunday I kept the anticipation going till today. Because you know, most games release on Tuesdays(especially DLC(“Updates”)). After 12PM passing I am legitimately saddened. I’ve been wanting Forge since release. Even more so now that 1700+ objects are in game. Anticipation? I personally no longer have it.

> 2533274911267611;13:
> looked ready to drop on Sunday if you ask me, what more fine tuning do these guys need?It been a month or so since the game was released and the vague date is just feeding the trolls. make an announcement or something 343i.

Till something doesn’t work and everybody tears them to shreds… Sounds fair to me sarcasm

I’m more surprised that the mods haven’t locked this thread. Most of the other ones are.

> 2787272447958470;14:
> > 2533274883849234;2:
>
>
> Perfect answer. Saved me a lot of typing.

Copy paste it for any other thread talking about this for all I care. If it tells people how this stuff works so everyone can learn to wait, then by all mean take it and use it.