Why we don't WANT ANY PART of REACH in Halo 4

Halo 1
Took the World by Storm
Kick Started the Xbox Resulting in MILLIONS in profit
Won Several Awards
Put Halo on the Map
World Class Campaign
Best Game on the Market at the time.
The Most Played/Sold Xbox (Original) Ever.

Halo 2
Again, Took the World by Storm.
Continuation of a world class Campaign and made it even better.
Build, Funded and Founded, MLG a Multi Million Gaming Company.
Won even More Rewards
Most Played Online Xbox Game. Even When Xbox 360 was released, for a while.
Fantastic Game play
Made Huge Sales, Had a Huge Profit

Halo 3
Finished The Fight, Thrilling end to the Trilogy.
Dominated Xbox live for TWO Years Straight. Against: Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War (Top Games)
Kick started Machinima a Multi Million Gaming Company/Community, Still Going today.
Huge Custom Games Community HOURS of Custom Made Content at your fingertips
Won more Rewards, to add to the HOARD of Achievements.
First Class Maps Packs- Foundry Anyone?
Forge. No Other game came Close to this.

Reach
What did reach do that was Special? Nothing really to be brutal. Forge World? Other than that they just didn’t show up, Bungie were disinterested in the game since ODST. Reach only sold of the hype from the Other Halo’s. Reach brought nothing to the table, the population showed this. Reach added things to the game that were no good and on the flip slide it took out the best things about Halo (1-50 + Alpha Zombie). Reach was not up to standard, we have made this So Clear WE DON’T WANT ANY PART OF REACH IN HALO 4. The numbers don’t lie.

For the people who did like Reach:

YOU’RE THE MINORITY. You think after ten years of Halo you think you have the major influence Over the TRUE, the Halo that brought Success and actually worked, the Halo that won Game of the Year, Year after Year. Bungie experimented and Failed, Yes there is a few that did enjoy it. But you’re the Minority. We just CANNOT afford to base Halo 4 from Reach.

We Don’t Want “Classic Halo” Neglected and left on side as playlist while Halo 4 is based of reach which didn’t work, didn’t deliver and isn’t the Halo we want. Reach Failed we want to build from the Success from the previous Halo that’s where the money and Success is.

-Sorry for repeating myself I just wanted to make my point Clear.
-Please Comment what you think. Thanks will be appreciated.

That’s some nice opinion you’ve got there.

Good post! You may have been slightly too harsh on Reach but I agree with everything else

> Halo 1
> Took the World by Storm
> Kick Started the Xbox Resulting in MILLIONS in profit
> One Several Awards
> Put Halo on the Map
> World Class Campaign
> Best Game on the Market at the time.
> The Most Played/Sold Xbox (Original) Ever.
>
> Halo 2
> Again, Took the World by Storm.
> Continuation of a world class Campaign and made it even better.
> Build, Funded and Founded, MLG a Multi Million Gaming Company.
> Won even More Rewards
> Most Played Online Xbox Game. Even When Xbox 360 was released, for a while.
> Fantastic Game play
> Made Huge Sales, Had a Huge Profit
>
> Halo 3
> Finished The Fight, Thrilling end to the Trilogy.
> Dominated Xbox live for TWO Years Straight. Against: Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War (Top Games)
> Kick started Machinima a Multi Million Gaming Company/Community, Still Going today.
> Huge Custom Games Community HOURS of Custom Made Content at your fingertips
> Won more Rewards, to add to the HOARD of Achievements.
> First Class Maps Packs- Foundry Anyone?
> Forge. No Other game came Close to this.
>
> Reach
> What did reach do that was Special? Nothing really to be brutal. Forge World? Other than that they just didn’t show up, Bungie were disinterested in the game since ODST. Reach only sold of the hype from the Other Halo’s. Reach brought nothing to the table, the population showed this. Reach added things to the game that were no good and on the flip slide it took out the best things about Halo (1-50 + Alpha Zombie). Reach was not up to standard, we have made this So Clear WE DON’T WANT ANY PART OF REACH IN HALO 4. The numbers don’t lie.
> For the people who did like Reach:
> YOU’RE THE MINORITY. You think after ten years of Halo you think you have the major influence Over the TRUE, the Halo that brought Success and actually worked, the Halo that won Game of the Year, Year after Year. Bungie experimented and Failed, Yes there is a few that did enjoy it. But you’re the Minority. We just CANNOT afford to base Halo 4 from Reach.
> We Don’t Want “Classic Halo” Neglected and left on side as playlist while Halo 4 is based of reach which didn’t work, didn’t deliver and isn’t the Halo we want. Reach Failed we want to build from the Success from the previous Halo that’s where the money and Success is.
> Sorry for repeating myself I just wanted to make my point Clear

No we’re not.

> We Don’t Want “Classic Halo” Neglected and left on side as playlist while Halo 4 is based of reach which didn’t work, didn’t deliver and isn’t the Halo we want. Reach Failed we want to build from the Success from the previous Halo that’s where the money and Success is.

Thank you! Exactly what I am thinking!

I’ve had enough of these explanation threads. Why we don’t like sprint. Why competitive players are mad at 343. Why we don’t like sprint from a pro player point of view. Why Halo 4 isn’t going to be good, etc.

Yeah, I think I’ve heard enough of why people don’t like reach since the second I joined this forum.
.

Look! Your opinion is showing!

EDIT: Also, I’ve been listening to people say that Reach is crap for little over a year now. Just… change the subject, please?

OP, nobody speaks for the majority. That would defeat the entire purpose.

Ran, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant… Look dude, I’ve been playing Halo since the beginning. In my opinion, reach was a good game n terms of what Bungie wanted the game to be. They didn’t tell us that it was going to be just like Halo 1, 2, and 3. They wanted to change up the feel of the game and they did. Reach was Halo with a twist. ODST was Halo from a different perspective. Change is the way of life. You need to adapt. You can’t just keep doing the same thing over and over. Bungie nailed Reach. They did exactly what they wanted with the game. Stop putting down Reach…

Personally I love Reach. There are little things like a few armour abilities such as Armour Lock and Hologram and the Revenants were overpowered. But most of this stuff is just nit-picking. I would like to see a combination of Halo 3 and Reach forge (random items like computers and supply drops (3) and huge buildings (Reach)). Again you got your facts wrong by saying people who like Reach are a minority. It received generally positive reviews and tens of thousands still play regularly.

I too am one of those that has played Halo since the begginning, and have followed it almost all my life. Hale has been inspiration for me to actually become a game dev, and thats what I’m working too, halo has had a huge impact on my life, so I hope you take what I have to say seriously.

The first games were amazing, Halo CE started a gaming revolution that has caused ripples in the lives of millions of gamers since it was first release. Halo 2 brought something new to the table, being online play. It was a huge success, and was simply amazing how Bungie could cause such an up roar. Halo 3 was fun. It brought customizable play to the table, and expanded on the aspect of online multiplayer.

Now, With Halo Reach it seemed like instead of bringing something new in, Bungie wanted to change the core gameplay of it all, and make something that wasn’t Halo, but was instead Reach. Which, in an ironic way is somewhat fitting considering how Reach comes before Halo CE on a timeline. This too caused an up roar, but it was a negative one.

While some enjoyed it, and still do(my self included) it simply wasn’t the Halo we know and love. Again, it became Reach, not Halo. The Halo franchise deserves a return to it’s roots at it’s core gameplay, but also deserves something new. From the limited amount of information we have so far, I have the feeling that is eaxactly what 343 is trying to do, and if they are, I applaud them, but i will never loose my respect for Bungie.

Maybe bungie knew what they were making wasn’t a Halo game, and maybe they were ready to let go, but they wanted to make something new. Maybe they knew they were build Reach, not Halo. Either way, I’ll continue to follow Halo 4, And whatever Bungie has up their sleeves now.

> Halo 1
> Took the World by Storm
> Kick Started the Xbox Resulting in MILLIONS in profit
> Won Several Awards
> Put Halo on the Map
> World Class Campaign
> Best Game on the Market at the time.
> <mark>The Most Played/Sold Xbox (Original) Ever.</mark>
>
>
> Halo 2
> Again, Took the World by Storm.
> Continuation of a world class Campaign and made it even better.
> Build, Funded and Founded, MLG a Multi Million Gaming Company.
> Won even More Rewards
> Most Played Online Xbox Game. Even When Xbox 360 was released, for a while.
> Fantastic Game play
> Made Huge Sales, Had a Huge Profit
>
> Halo 3
> Finished The Fight, Thrilling end to the Trilogy.
> <mark>Dominated Xbox live for TWO Years Straight. Against: Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War (Top Games)</mark>
> Kick started Machinima a Multi Million Gaming Company/Community, Still Going today.
> Huge Custom Games Community HOURS of Custom Made Content at your fingertips
> Won more Rewards, to add to the HOARD of Achievements.
> First Class Maps Packs- Foundry Anyone?
> Forge. No Other game came Close to this.
>
> Reach
> What did reach do that was Special? Nothing really to be brutal. Forge World? Other than that they just didn’t show up, <mark>Bungie were disinterested in the game since ODST</mark>. Reach only sold of the hype from the Other Halo’s. <mark>Reach brought nothing to the table,</mark> the population showed this. Reach added things to the game that were no good and on the flip slide it took out the best things about Halo (1-50 + Alpha Zombie). Reach was not up to standard, we have made this So Clear WE DON’T WANT ANY PART OF REACH IN HALO 4. The numbers don’t lie.
>
> For the people who did like Reach:
>
> <mark>YOU’RE THE MINORITY.</mark> You think after ten years of Halo you think you have the major influence Over the TRUE, the Halo that brought Success and actually worked, the Halo that won Game of the Year, Year after Year. Bungie experimented and Failed, Yes there is a few that did enjoy it. But you’re the Minority. We just CANNOT afford to base Halo 4 from Reach.
>
> We Don’t Want “Classic Halo” Neglected and left on side as playlist while Halo 4 is based of reach which didn’t work, didn’t deliver and isn’t the Halo we want. Reach Failed we want to build from the Success from the previous Halo that’s where the money and Success is.
>
> -Sorry for repeating myself I just wanted to make my point Clear.
> -Please Comment what you think. Thanks will be appreciated.

Everything highlighted is false, and I can prove it if you’d like.

Everything in bold is opinion. Don’t claim to know where the majority of players stand with no data to back up your claims.

You did kinda forgot to add the part that Reeach Sold much more than what Halo 3 has done, plus it did added some improved forging techniques, and Assassinations. Oh and more custom spartan pieces too.

I Agree, I Didn’t Like Reach Either. Reach Is An Alright Shooter, But If You Take A Step Back And Look At Other Halos You Will See How Much More Involved The Community Was With Previous Halos Over Reach. Reach Was A Decline From The Halo Legacy And It Lost The Throne Of Shooters For Halo. 343 Needs To Wake The Series Back Up And Get Halo Back On Its Feet

> I Agree, I Didn’t Like Reach Either. Reach Is An Alright Shooter, But If You Take A Step Back And Look At Other Halos You Will See How Much More Involved The Community Was With Previous Halos Over Reach. Reach Was A Decline From The Halo Legacy And It Lost The Throne Of Shooters For Halo. 343 Needs To Wake The Series Back Up And Get Halo Back On Its Feet

Why did you cap the first letter of every word? And yes, Halo does need a return to it’s roots.

How I hate AA, weakly armored vehicles, rocket blast radius, revenants, no powerups, no BR. But still a brilliant game

> > I Agree, I Didn’t Like Reach Either. Reach Is An Alright Shooter, But If You Take A Step Back And Look At Other Halos You Will See How Much More Involved The Community Was With Previous Halos Over Reach. Reach Was A Decline From The Halo Legacy And It Lost The Throne Of Shooters For Halo. 343 Needs To Wake The Series Back Up And Get Halo Back On Its Feet
>
> Why did you cap the first letter of every word? And yes, Halo does need a return to it’s roots.

I did it as a joke in response to the OP lol. He capitalized letters randomly so I was just messing with him.

I hate it when people like this use the word “we”

Good point. I’d also like to add that Reach was made to bring NEW players in, which it did, and now that that’s done Halo 4 should not have to appease to these players.

> > Halo 1
> > Took the World by Storm
> > Kick Started the Xbox Resulting in MILLIONS in profit
> > Won Several Awards
> > Put Halo on the Map
> > World Class Campaign
> > Best Game on the Market at the time.
> > <mark>The Most Played/Sold Xbox (Original) Ever.</mark>
> >
> >
> > Halo 2
> > Again, Took the World by Storm.
> > Continuation of a world class Campaign and made it even better.
> > Build, Funded and Founded, MLG a Multi Million Gaming Company.
> > Won even More Rewards
> > Most Played Online Xbox Game. Even When Xbox 360 was released, for a while.
> > Fantastic Game play
> > Made Huge Sales, Had a Huge Profit
> >
> > Halo 3
> > Finished The Fight, Thrilling end to the Trilogy.
> > <mark>Dominated Xbox live for TWO Years Straight. Against: Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War (Top Games)</mark>
> > Kick started Machinima a Multi Million Gaming Company/Community, Still Going today.
> > Huge Custom Games Community HOURS of Custom Made Content at your fingertips
> > Won more Rewards, to add to the HOARD of Achievements.
> > First Class Maps Packs- Foundry Anyone?
> > Forge. No Other game came Close to this.
> >
> > Reach
> > What did reach do that was Special? Nothing really to be brutal. Forge World? Other than that they just didn’t show up, <mark>Bungie were disinterested in the game since ODST</mark>. Reach only sold of the hype from the Other Halo’s. <mark>Reach brought nothing to the table,</mark> the population showed this. Reach added things to the game that were no good and on the flip slide it took out the best things about Halo (1-50 + Alpha Zombie). Reach was not up to standard, we have made this So Clear WE DON’T WANT ANY PART OF REACH IN HALO 4. The numbers don’t lie.
> >
> > For the people who did like Reach:
> >
> > <mark>YOU’RE THE MINORITY.</mark> You think after ten years of Halo you think you have the major influence Over the TRUE, the Halo that brought Success and actually worked, the Halo that won Game of the Year, Year after Year. Bungie experimented and Failed, Yes there is a few that did enjoy it. But you’re the Minority. We just CANNOT afford to base Halo 4 from Reach.
> >
> > We Don’t Want “Classic Halo” Neglected and left on side as playlist while Halo 4 is based of reach which didn’t work, didn’t deliver and isn’t the Halo we want. Reach Failed we want to build from the Success from the previous Halo that’s where the money and Success is.
> >
> > -Sorry for repeating myself I just wanted to make my point Clear.
> > -Please Comment what you think. Thanks will be appreciated.
>
> Everything highlighted is false, and I can prove it if you’d like.
>
> Everything in bold is opinion. Don’t claim to know where the majority of players stand with no data to back up your claims.

Yes, there were some positves to take from Reach. Like forge world and Graphics I just want Halo 4 to be Based of Halo 3 and be improved on rather than reach, take the positive from reach like Forge world and make it better.

When Compared to the rest of the Halo series, Reach did was not up to the standard of the other game look at the population. Look at the sales. Look at the overall opionion of the game. Look at the UPROAR of Complaints on the Game. Im not saying we shouldn’t allow anything new for Halo 4. Infact I welcome new things. I just don’t want Halo to be based of a game that had so many issues and didn’t work, Yes this issues can be fixed but I rather go back to the true Halo the Halo that Brought the Sucess and build from that.