Why we couldn't play side as arbiter in Halo 3?

In halo 2 campaign, we play both side story as master chief and Arbiter, but not Halo 3. Why?

In H2, you were effectively playing two games/stories: one from the human perspective, and the other from the Covenant perspective. In H3, you were only playing one game/story. There was no need to split up the gameplay between two characters because they were with each other throughout almost the entire game. The only spot I could see an Arbiter-centric mission would be what the Arbiter was doing while Chief was inside High Charity in the mission “Cortana”. That’s the only mission where the two protagonists weren’t fighting side-by-side, unless you count the co-op version.

> 2533274884199477;1:
> In halo 2 campaign, we play both side story as master chief and Arbiter, but not Halo 3. Why?

Like the previous poster stated, from a storyline perspective, playing as the arbiter simply didn’t fit in that particular game. The only people that can answer that question are the game designers.

Off topic, OP, but do you play MvC2 by chance on XbL arcade? I’m tired of playing the same god- and top-tier-using arcade stick kids every time I decide to play.

The game miss an option to choose who you control though… It’s a bit sad to me Arbiter is my favorite character and I can only play as him in coop. And on MCC I am not aware of a way to control who gets to play who.