Why wasn't Mark VII armor in multiplayer?

Since 343i made the multiplayer canon in Halo 4 why isn’t the Mark VII Gen2 varient in Halo 4? It was around in the books before Halo 4 and I assume that since there is a gen2 version of Mark VI armor there would also be a gen2 version of Mark VII. Just wondering, because with those two armor sets you could have the two marks sets that are in Halo (Mark V, VI) and probably please more people. And does anyone know what the Mark VII armor would even look like?

No clue. It looks like Mk.V, so I think that would’ve thrown Mk.V lovers a bone as well as giving folks who dig the canon a piece of the Halo lore realized.

I’d love that I was a big Mark V lover, and it would be sweet to have the Mark VII armor.

Canon reason: it is expensive. Doesn’t it only go to Spartan IIs?

> Canon reason: it is expensive. Doesn’t it only go to Spartan IIs?

MJOLNIR armor itself is expensive and in the face of that giant -Yoinking!- ship called the Infinity, when has budget been a problem?

I just assumed that since a Gen2 version of Mark VI was made, there would also be a gen2 Mark VII version for spartan 4’s also.

Is the Mk. VII still in prototype phase? I have a feeling Master Chief will probably be sporting one in Halo 5.

> Is the Mk. VII still in prototype phase? I have a feeling Master Chief will probably be sporting one in Halo 5.

I doubt it was still in prototype phase. It came out like 5 months after Mark VI and that was 4 years before Halo 4 starts.

I guess I could live with no MarkVII armor as long as Chief gets a set of it in Halo 5.

> > Is the Mk. VII still in prototype phase? I have a feeling Master Chief will probably be sporting one in Halo 5.
>
> I doubt it was still in prototype phase. It came out like 5 months after Mark VI and that was 4 years before Halo 4 starts.

I think it was still in the prototype phase during Thursday Wars…I haven’t finished that book yet so I’m not quite sure. I do believe it is a highly classified piece of armor as well since it was made by Halsey (maybe she didn’t have time to perfect it? -shrugs-). From what I’ve seen so far, the Mk.VII seems vastly superior to the GEN2 armor that Spartan-IV’s wear.

Mark 7 doesn’t exist

> Mark 7 doesn’t exist

It most certainly does in the Halo universe.

> > Mark 7 doesn’t exist
>
> It most certainly does in the Halo universe.

its not canon though.

> > > Mark 7 doesn’t exist
> >
> > It most certainly does in the Halo universe.
>
> its not canon though.

Yes it is. Naomi-010 wears it in Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Thursday War. Where do you get your information from?

> > > > Mark 7 doesn’t exist
> > >
> > > It most certainly does in the Halo universe.
> >
> > its not canon though.
>
> Yes it is. Naomi-010 wears it in Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Thursday War. Where do you get your information from?

books are not canon to the game universe. Game universe came first so game canon overrides book canon.

> > > > > Mark 7 doesn’t exist
> > > >
> > > > It most certainly does in the Halo universe.
> > >
> > > its not canon though.
> >
> > Yes it is. Naomi-010 wears it in Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Thursday War. Where do you get your information from?
>
> <mark>books are not canon to the game universe</mark>. Game universe came first so game canon overrides book canon.

Dude, A LOT of the stuff in Halo 4 came from the books. Jul 'Mdama, the Infinity, the new Covenant, Admiral Serin Osman. Besides, even under Bungie the games and books were both canon, the games simply took priority, but since neither the books or games overlapped, it wasn’t much of a problem. But that was under BUNGIE, 343i has made no statement that says the books are not canon to the games.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

> > > > > > Mark 7 doesn’t exist
> > > > >
> > > > > It most certainly does in the Halo universe.
> > > >
> > > > its not canon though.
> > >
> > > Yes it is. Naomi-010 wears it in Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Thursday War. Where do you get your information from?
> >
> > <mark>books are not canon to the game universe</mark>. Game universe came first so game canon overrides book canon.
>
> Dude, A LOT of the stuff in Halo 4 came from the books. Jul 'Mdama, the Infinity, the new Covenant, Admiral Serin Osman. Besides, even under Bungie the games and books were both canon, the games simply took priority, but since neither the books or games overlapped, it wasn’t much of a problem. But that was under BUNGIE, 343i has made no statement that says the books are not canon to the games.
>
> You have no idea what you are talking about.

1. Is that a good thing? I’m pretty sure the campaign for halo 4 was a flop.
  2. Bungie never said that.

Probably reserved for any surviving Spartan II’s…Master Chief in Halo 5.

> 1. Is that a good thing? I’m pretty sure the campaign for halo 4 was a flop

Irrelevent. You said the books are not canon to the games. They are.

> 2. Bungie never said that.

Jospeh Staten would say you are wrong again.

> > > > > Mark 7 doesn’t exist
> > > >
> > > > It most certainly does in the Halo universe.
> > >
> > > its not canon though.
> >
> > Yes it is. Naomi-010 wears it in Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Thursday War. Where do you get your information from?
>
> books are not canon to the game universe. Game universe came first so game canon overrides book canon.

You’re new to halo aren’t you?
Books happen and Games happen. Many of the things from the book are canon in the games, like master chiefs origins (Haven’t read recent books, just know what happens in them) and the new book gives back story to the didact. Silentium was it?