Why wasn't bullet magnetism addressed by 343?

It seemed to be just as much of a complaint as anything else.

I see that Bungie just completely ignored it.

The BR was extremely easy to use due to the billet magnetism. Sure the aim assist was lower but you only have to get the very edge of your crosshairs near someone’s head in order for the bullet to curve and hit your enemy directly in the head. The was the most apparent with sniper rifles especially since I missed so many shots that ended up killing my enemy.

Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.

I suggest we slightly increase aim assist but tone down bullet magnetism. Halo 3 is the Halo game that had ideal aiming mechanics (despite the weird projectile system). Making aiming as similar to Halo 3 as possible and I think Halo 5 will be pretty balanced.

> 2771858342094810;1:
> Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.

Why do people keep saying this? Is this just a difference between rank brackets? Up in the higher Semi-Pro/Pro ranges, everyone carried a Br/Dmr for medium to long range (and team shoting) and a Smg(preferably) or an AR for close range(power weapons, when available, did replace one of these though). They were always used close range, unless you were caught off guard.

was it really that bad?
I mean they can tone down the bullet magnetism I wouldn’t mind, but tbh I don’t think it’s that of an issue…I’d rather have the aim assist kept as it is in the beta

> 2533274803896054;2:
> > 2771858342094810;1:
> > Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.
>
>
> Why do people keep saying this? Is this just a difference between rank brackets? Up in the higher Semi-Pro/Pro ranges, everyone carried a Br/Dmr for medium to long range (and team shoting) and a Smg(preferably) or an AR for close range(power weapons, when available, did replace one of these though). They were always used close range, unless you were caught off guard.

Yes. At semi-pro I saw ARs and SMGs every game. I used them myself up close all the time.

> 2533274820441404;3:
> was it really that bad?
> I mean they can tone down the bullet magnetism I wouldn’t mind, but tbh I don’t think it’s that of an issue…I’d rather have the aim assist kept as it is in the beta

Yes, it was bad to the point where bodyshots consistently became headshots.
What 343industries thought is “reduced aim assist” by decreasing reticule magnetism and increasing bullet magnetism is actually far worse than previous Halo titles. They should’ve decreased bullet magnetism and (slightly) increased reticule magnetism (to account for the inaccuracies of thumbsticks as they are not discrete pointing devices like a mouse is).

> 2533274913936758;4:
> > 2533274803896054;2:
> > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.
> >
> >
> >
> > Why do people keep saying this? Is this just a difference between rank brackets? Up in the higher Semi-Pro/Pro ranges, everyone carried a Br/Dmr for medium to long range (and team shoting) and a Smg(preferably) or an AR for close range(power weapons, when available, did replace one of these though). They were always used close range, unless you were caught off guard.
>
>
> Yes. At semi-pro I saw ARs and SMGs every game. I used them myself up close all the time.

Seems to me that most players who complain about weapon balance, especially the more recent automatic weapon nerfs, don’t have much experience playing at a competitive level.

> 2533274803896054;6:
> > 2533274913936758;4:
> > > 2533274803896054;2:
> > > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > > Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Why do people keep saying this? Is this just a difference between rank brackets? Up in the higher Semi-Pro/Pro ranges, everyone carried a Br/Dmr for medium to long range (and team shoting) and a Smg(preferably) or an AR for close range(power weapons, when available, did replace one of these though). They were always used close range, unless you were caught off guard.
> >
> >
> >
> > Yes. At semi-pro I saw ARs and SMGs every game. I used them myself up close all the time.
>
>
> Seems to me that most players who complain about weapon balance, especially the more recent automatic weapon nerfs, don’t have much experience playing at a competitive level.

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I was playing at the semi-pro level and even with a few pros and I hardly EVER saw anyone use the AR or SMG.

Or any other weapon for that matter other than the BR, Sniper rifle, and rocket launcher.

I wish there was a statistic that showed what I was killed by in the last 2 weeks of the beta. I think I may have gotten killed by an SMG 5 times and an AR 10 times and I played a ton.

[deleted]

> 2771858342094810;7:
> > 2533274803896054;6:
> > > 2533274913936758;4:
> > > > 2533274803896054;2:
> > > > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > > > Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Why do people keep saying this? Is this just a difference between rank brackets? Up in the higher Semi-Pro/Pro ranges, everyone carried a Br/Dmr for medium to long range (and team shoting) and a Smg(preferably) or an AR for close range(power weapons, when available, did replace one of these though). They were always used close range, unless you were caught off guard.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes. At semi-pro I saw ARs and SMGs every game. I used them myself up close all the time.
> >
> >
> >
> > Seems to me that most players who complain about weapon balance, especially the more recent automatic weapon nerfs, don’t have much experience playing at a competitive level.
>
>
> I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I was playing at the semi-pro level and even with a few pros and I hardly EVER saw anyone use the AR or SMG.
>
> Or any other weapon for that matter other than the BR, Sniper rifle, and rocket launcher.
>
> I wish there was a statistic that showed what I was killed by in the last 2 weeks of the beta. I think I may have gotten killed by an SMG 5 times and an AR 10 times and I played a ton.

Statistics would be very helpful, we’ve all got bias and we remember what we want to remember. What I personally know is that I incorporated the SMG and AR into my play style, using them every game, and have gone on 20-30 win streaks at a high level (Semi Pro+), being the top score in at least every 3 out of 4 games. So we can agree that at the very least they are effective(Too effective in some situations, but that’s another discussion). But even if they are effective and balanced with the other weapons, that doesn’t mean they have to be used, it all depends on your play style I suppose.

> 2533274803896054;2:
> > 2771858342094810;1:
> > Now that the AR and SMG have gotten a nerf (when they were barely used in BR slayer as is) I’m afraid the weapon sandbox may be thrown off.
>
>
> Why do people keep saying this? Is this just a difference between rank brackets? Up in the higher Semi-Pro/Pro ranges, everyone carried a Br/Dmr for medium to long range (and team shoting) and a Smg(preferably) or an AR for close range(power weapons, when available, did replace one of these though). They were always used close range, unless you were caught off guard.

agreed. I actually found myself swapping to an AR or SMG up close frequently and I was in Onyx tier. The autos are still going to be good, bur random headshot reward weapons are a no no, even if better skill makes them more viable since unskilled players could still just spray you down with lucky shots.

The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.

There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.

> 2533274903234962;11:
> The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.

What if they just removed they randomness? Shot with reticule on body never give a head shot bonus any spread the spreads up past the body only count and misses or body shots, unless the reticule is on the head(in normal parameters) and then it does extra damage, Pulsing shots should always give a player more incentive to use and give players faster kills.

> 2533274828579555;12:
> There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.

Agreed most of the time people arguing over magnetism in Halo 5 use kill cam recording and there are obvious latency issues,

> 2533274796029854;13:
> > 2533274903234962;11:
> > The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.
>
>
>
> What if they just removed they randomness? Shot with reticule on body never give a head shot bonus any spread the spreads up past the body only count and misses or body shots, unless the reticule is on the head(in normal parameters) and then it does extra damage, Pulsing shots should always give a player more incentive to use and give players faster kills.
>
>
>
> > 2533274828579555;12:
> > There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.
>
>
> Agreed most of the time people arguing over magnetism in Halo 5 use kill cam recording and there are obvious latency issues,

there is some proof check out the first video in this clip.

> 2533274853117546;14:
> > 2533274796029854;13:
> > > 2533274903234962;11:
> > > The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > What if they just removed they randomness? Shot with reticule on body never give a head shot bonus any spread the spreads up past the body only count and misses or body shots, unless the reticule is on the head(in normal parameters) and then it does extra damage, Pulsing shots should always give a player more incentive to use and give players faster kills.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274828579555;12:
> > > There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.
> >
> >
> >
> > Agreed most of the time people arguing over magnetism in Halo 5 use kill cam recording and there are obvious latency issues,
>
>
> TG10 : Top 10 Halo Fails | Halo5Follower - YouTube
>
> there is some proof check out the first video in this clip.

im not saying there isn’t magnetism but the fact is halo 3 had even more magnetism then halo 5. people think its much worse when viewing the kill cam thing they got a shot from a mile away from target only to get killed by some one who wasn’t even aiming at you. this was due to latency of the webcams.

> 2533274853117546;14:
> > 2533274796029854;13:
> > > 2533274903234962;11:
> > > The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > What if they just removed they randomness? Shot with reticule on body never give a head shot bonus any spread the spreads up past the body only count and misses or body shots, unless the reticule is on the head(in normal parameters) and then it does extra damage, Pulsing shots should always give a player more incentive to use and give players faster kills.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274828579555;12:
> > > There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Agreed most of the time people arguing over magnetism in Halo 5 use kill cam recording and there are obvious latency issues,
>
>
>
> TG10 : Top 10 Halo Fails | Halo5Follower - YouTube
>
> there is some proof check out the first video in this clip.

Finally a video that shows the amount of bullet magnetism in Halo 5. I never got to play the beta, and was really curious about the amount of bullet magnetism due to people saying how bad it is. However, after seeing that video, I can only say that it’s nothing unusual. In fact, it’s the exact same as it has been in every Halo ever: it extends to the very edge of the reticle. Here’s a video that shows the amount of bullet magnetism on different weapons in Halo 3: [Halo 3 Human Weapons Bullet Magnetism Test - YouTube

](Halo 3 Human Weapons Bullet Magnetism Test - YouTube)At the start of the video the BR behaves very similarly as in Halo 5. As long as the reticle is touching the opponent, shots will hit. The only clear difference is that in Halo 3, the spread of the BR causes some shots not to hit. However, there is no clear difference between the amount of bullet magnetism on the BR in Halo 3 and 5, at least as far as I can see.

Frankly, I don’t believe bullet magnetism on any weapon in Halo 5 to be unusually high. There have been minor variations in some weapons over the years, such as sniper rifles in Halo 3 having no magnetism, but overall bullet magnetism has always functioned similarly. I see no reason why that would have changed. That’s not to say there isn’t something that makes aiming easier, but it doesn’t have to be magnetism.

> 2533274825830455;16:
> > 2533274853117546;14:
> > > 2533274796029854;13:
> > > > 2533274903234962;11:
> > > > The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > What if they just removed they randomness? Shot with reticule on body never give a head shot bonus any spread the spreads up past the body only count and misses or body shots, unless the reticule is on the head(in normal parameters) and then it does extra damage, Pulsing shots should always give a player more incentive to use and give players faster kills.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274828579555;12:
> > > > There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Agreed most of the time people arguing over magnetism in Halo 5 use kill cam recording and there are obvious latency issues,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > TG10 : Top 10 Halo Fails | Halo5Follower - YouTube
> >
> > there is some proof check out the first video in this clip.
>
>
>
> Finally a video that shows the amount of bullet magnetism in Halo 5. I never got to play the beta, and was really curious about the amount of bullet magnetism due to people saying how bad it is. However, after seeing that video, I can only say that it’s nothing unusual. In fact, it’s the exact same as it has been in every Halo ever: it extends to the very edge of the reticle. Here’s a video that shows the amount of bullet magnetism on different weapons in Halo 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnaVh5rTa4
>
>
At the start of the video the BR behaves very similarly as in Halo 5. As long as the reticle is touching the opponent, shots will hit. The only clear difference is that in Halo 3, the spread of the BR causes some shots not to hit. However, there is no clear difference between the amount of bullet magnetism on the BR in Halo 3 and 5, at least as far as I can see.
>
> Frankly, I don’t believe bullet magnetism on any weapon in Halo 5 to be unusually high. There have been minor variations in some weapons over the years, such as sniper rifles in Halo 3 having no magnetism, but overall bullet magnetism has always functioned similarly. I see no reason why that would have changed. That’s not to say there isn’t something that makes aiming easier, but it doesn’t have to be magnetism.

Seriously thought the magnatism in Halo 3 is much Higher, the reticle is further away and more shot hit then that of the halo 5 video. The reticule isn’t even touching the Spartan model in halo 3 halo 5 how ever the reticule has to be at least touching to make the shots hit, that’s much better and means players need more skill to make there shots. Add to that the much lower Aim assist(lowest its been since CE) this actually increases the skill gap by quite a lot.

Halo 3Halo 5

The bullet magnetism isn’t going anywhere. Unfortunately.

The lowered aim assist is even hard to believe since the entire franchise is trying to cater to casual players. Not trying to sound like a typical elitist here either. I wouldn’t be surprised if they increased the aim assist between the beta and final release - without telling us about it of course.

I can just imagine loading up Halo 5 in November and thinking “Hmm… Seems to be a lot easier to aim than the Beta…”

Hopefully I’m wrong.

> 2533274828579555;12:
> There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.

Wat

I guess we are incapable of recording gameplay.

> 2533274796029854;13:
> > 2533274903234962;11:
> > The AR and SMG got nerfed fairly. Headshot multipliers with auto weapons with that much spread adds randomness, as whoever can hit the head more at random wins.
>
>
>
> What if they just removed they randomness? Shot with reticule on body never give a head shot bonus any spread the spreads up past the body only count and misses or body shots, unless the reticule is on the head(in normal parameters) and then it does extra damage, Pulsing shots should always give a player more incentive to use and give players faster kills.
>
>
>
> > 2533274828579555;12:
> > There isn’t any proof that magnetism exists in the game. Its been confirmed the killcams in the beta weren’t working correctly so you shouldn’t go off of that.
>
>
> Agreed most of the time people arguing over magnetism in Halo 5 use kill cam recording and there are obvious latency issues,

False. Plenty of examples of the outrageous magnetism on live stream recordings and “obvious latency issues” don’t factor into shooting stationary targets at all.