Why was the prophet's bane removed from Truth?

I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?

> 2533274815045718;1:
> I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?

Complainers about it basically. Said it was too OP with the sprint and Thruster.

They took out all REQ legendaries/mythics.

It was only there to give us a taste

> 2533274844788302;2:
> > 2533274815045718;1:
> > I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?
>
>
> Complainers about it basically. Said it was too OP with the sprint and Thruster.

i mean gameplay wise, how is it any different from the energy sword?

> 2533274844788302;2:
> > 2533274815045718;1:
> > I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?
>
>
> Complainers about it basically. Said it was too OP with the sprint and Thruster.

although i see their point. lol i got 40 kills in one game just using that thing

> 2533274799135257;3:
> They took out all REQ legendaries/mythics.
>
> It was only there to give us a taste

oh ok. that’s kinda lame because i feel in warzone the sword will be kinda useless

> 2533274815045718;4:
> > 2533274844788302;2:
> > > 2533274815045718;1:
> > > I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?
> >
> >
> > Complainers about it basically. Said it was too OP with the sprint and Thruster.
>
>
> i mean gameplay wise, how is it any different from the energy sword?

It gives you increased Sprint speed

> 2533274815045718;6:
> > 2533274799135257;3:
> > They took out all REQ legendaries/mythics.
> > It was only there to give us a taste
>
>
> oh ok. that’s kinda lame because i feel in warzone the sword will be kinda useless

Warzone Assault’s Attack/Defend nature may be better for it then. Or if you’re the defensive type in Warzone vanilla. I can easily see myself using the sword/shotty/scattershot frequently.

> 2533274793245117;7:
> > 2533274815045718;4:
> > > 2533274844788302;2:
> > > Complainers about it basically. Said it was too OP with the sprint and Thruster.
> >
> >
> > i mean gameplay wise, how is it any different from the energy sword?
>
>
> It gives you increased Sprint speed

It also had increased lunge range compared to the sword.

> 2533274799135257;8:
> > 2533274815045718;6:
> > > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > They took out all REQ legendaries/mythics.
> > >
> > > It was only there to give us a taste
> >
> >
> > oh ok. that’s kinda lame because i feel in warzone the sword will be kinda useless
>
>
> Warzone Assault’s Attack/Defend nature may be better for it then. Or if you’re the defensive type in Warzone vanilla. I can easily see myself using the sword/shotty/scattershot frequently.

i think a good idea would be that sometimes, randomly (i know halo players hate that word) , a power weapon on a map is replaced with its legendary variant (like the rocket with the splnkr rockets)

> I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?

I totally agree, midship was the best map in halo 2 (in my opinion) and i loved it’s return in Halo 5 beta. Overall i loved the new sword, it felt like a great addition to the map.
I sorta get why they removed it now that they amped it and gave it cloaking, but still. I wish it was still there.
Honestly, this wouldn’t bug me as much, if they kept the energy sword as the map’s power weapon, like the original map. But of course they replaced it with the most overused (and crappy) power weapon in the game. AKA the plasma caster. Seriously, why is it on like every map? (Truth, empire, Rig, etc) its honestly pretty bad too, i would much rather have the prophet’s bane than that thing.
I dunno, truth isn’t on slayer yet (i’m pretty sure its just ctf) maybe if they put it on slayer, they’ll give us a sword. (preferably the prophet’s bane)

> 2533274929240530;10:
>
>
> I totally agree, midship was the best map in halo 2 (in my opinion) and i loved it’s return in Halo 5 beta. Overall i loved the new sword, it felt like a great addition to the map.
> I sorta get why they removed it now that they amped it and gave it cloaking, but still. I wish it was still there.
> Honestly, this wouldn’t bug me as much, if they kept the energy sword as the map’s power weapon, like the original map. But of course they replaced it with the most overused (and crappy) power weapon in the game. AKA the plasma caster. Seriously, why is it on like every map? (Truth, empire, Rig, etc) its honestly pretty bad too, i would much rather have the prophet’s bane than that thing.
> I dunno, truth isn’t on slayer yet (i’m pretty sure its just ctf) maybe if they put it on slayer, they’ll give us a sword. (preferably the prophet’s bane)

There’s still a sword on the map underneath one of the side towers :slight_smile: noone seems to use it though…

> 2533274834430951;11:
> > 2533274929240530;10:
> > > I thought it was an awesome sword and a great touch to the map. has 343 said why it isn’t there anymore?
> >
> >
> > I totally agree, midship was the best map in halo 2 (in my opinion) and i loved it’s return in Halo 5 beta. Overall i loved the new sword, it felt like a great addition to the map.
> > I sorta get why they removed it now that they amped it and gave it cloaking, but still. I wish it was still there.
> > Honestly, this wouldn’t bug me as much, if they kept the energy sword as the map’s power weapon, like the original map. But of course they replaced it with the most overused (and crappy) power weapon in the game. AKA the plasma caster. Seriously, why is it on like every map? (Truth, empire, Rig, etc) its honestly pretty bad too, i would much rather have the prophet’s bane than that thing.
> > I dunno, truth isn’t on slayer yet (i’m pretty sure its just ctf) maybe if they put it on slayer, they’ll give us a sword. (preferably the prophet’s bane)
>
>
> There’s still a sword on the map underneath one of the side towers :slight_smile: noone seems to use it though…

Yeah, I know about it. it just doesn’t feel right not having it as a power weapon ya know? there isn’t really any rush for it like there was in Halo 2 and 3, and for the prophet’s bane in the beta. I guess its alright considering I’m usually the only one who gets it XD